This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

Nikki-So glad you had a great trip! Sound like you are getting nice and prepared for baby :) I can't wait to paint and get things! Lol yay for DHs job being official and getting the good insurance!

frsttimemama-I don't think your temps look that much different from last cycle. I know it's hard, but just let them do what they do. You can't control it. It will give you info to share w your doc.

BB-I think I see lines on the second post of pics! I'm on my phone so it's hard to see.

I hate to switch topics randomly but I could use some suggestions on wedding planning stuff.

For my wedding I was thinking of doing water bottles with customized labels as one of our drink choices. We're also going to have some beer and I was thinking of doing soda as well as pink lemonade, sweet tea & regular lemonade. With the lemonades & tea, I wanted to do something I saw on Pinterest and have pre-poured drinks in mason jars with lids like this...

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5a/90/db/5a90db889efbec3d0f83b2a17be5d558.jpg

You can't really do that with soda or beer so then I was thinking of just having mason jar cups as "favors" for everyone and they can just use it throughout the night. I've seen that a million times on Pinterest as well lol. But then I worry about having enough of the soda, tea, lemonades to last the evening. And serving them in a "pretty" fashion. I wanted to do something like this (below) but I know it'll need refilled throughout the night and I wasn't sure how to go about that. Should I just keep jugs or whatever of it in coolers under the table and refill as needed?

https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/12/bb/05/12bb05e9b09daf33d725332e10d5043a.jpg

OH doesn't want cans of beer, he wants kegs but I'm pretty sure that the alcohol permit we need to get won't allow for kegs in the state park. I also feel like they may not allow glass bottles either and that's understandable. I know that's how it is for our family reunions. So that would leave cans as our only option but he said that looks white trash and I can see how he'd feel that way. Any suggestions on how to "class" it up? I know everyone gets customized koozies or whatever you want to call them but I feel like it's a waste of money and I don't want to do TOO many "favors." I'm already wanting to do the water bottles (we'd serve water bottles anyway and it's not too much more work/money to add the custom labels) and a cookie bar and then maybe those mason jars so wouldn't a koozie be too much?

Also, which customized water bottle label do you like best?
1, 2, 3 (with this one you can change how the "logo" looks in the middle. You can see the options on the Etsy page with the choices you're given & I would choose the one in the middle all the way on the bottom) or 4.

Just for fun, this is the ring bearer "pillow" we're going to use. I love that it becomes a Christmas tree ornament afterward!

If anyone has suggestions/input, I'm all ears! Thanks.

That's actually where I originally got the idea for mason jars at our wedding. At first I was going to do the pre-poured drinks but then decided I liked the idea of tying the tea stained name tags to the mason jars and letting people fill them up and write their names on them. They didn't have to fill many times since we used the quart size lol. We had a little sign next to the containers filled with drinks like the one in your picture that said "Take your glass for the night, write your name so it stays in sight, fill it to the brim with whatever tastes right!" We also got married in a state park but after thinking about the alcohol permits and the glass mason jars I decided to move the reception to in-laws house for the same reasons you're thinking of. We were fortunate too that my hubby used to work for a guy that brews beer so he told him he would make a couple kegs inspired by his favorites. We had, lemonade, tea, peach sangria, 2 types of beer and water bottles.

Also, we did food buffet style at our wedding. Fortunately my mom's coworker does catering on the side so she did our wedding. It was only $5 per person. We did tri-tip, chicken, rolls, beans, salad, fruit salad. I like the buffet style best actually I think.

Waves, love the ideas!! Wish I had Pinterest when I got married!! I love love love mason jars, too! We talked about can koozies, but opted for keg beer instead.

Thanks Julie. I'm trying. :) it's just scary.

That's actually where I originally got the idea for mason jars at our wedding. At first I was going to do the pre-poured drinks but then decided I liked the idea of tying the tea stained name tags to the mason jars and letting people fill them up and write their names on them. They didn't have to fill many times since we used the quart size lol. We had a little sign next to the containers filled with drinks like the one in your picture that said "Take your glass for the night, write your name so it stays in sight, fill it to the brim with whatever tastes right!" We also got married in a state park but after thinking about the alcohol permits and the glass mason jars I decided to move the reception to in-laws house for the same reasons you're thinking of. We were fortunate too that my hubby used to work for a guy that brews beer so he told him he would make a couple kegs inspired by his favorites. We had, lemonade, tea, peach sangria, 2 types of beer and water bottles.

Also, we did food buffet style at our wedding. Fortunately my mom's coworker does catering on the side so she did our wedding. It was only $5 per person. We did tri-tip, chicken, rolls, beans, salad, fruit salad. I like the buffet style best actually I think.

I did similar for a baby shower I threw last year. Here's a pic but you can't see the tags that well.

Attachments

• 398905_3917806185463_555977366_n.jpg
    398905_3917806185463_555977366_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 5
Yea, very similar. I used jute to wrap ours to the glasses since the whole theme was vintage burlap and lace.

Attachments

• 1239044_10151550546081557_1401238901_n.jpg
    1239044_10151550546081557_1401238901_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
All this wedding talk makes me want to do it all over again minus the cost! :lol:

Those are so cute! Our wedding had to be inside unfortunately.

Lol I thought our was going to be a bust. The morning of our wedding it was raining! I was FREAKING out lol. Fortunately it stopped raining and other than a little wind later in the night it was great. The clouds were PERFECT for pictures.

Lol it rained on our wedding day..then the sun came out and at twilight it snowed a bit.

It was 100 degrees on our wedding day, then it STORMED!! There were tornadoes and torrential down pours. We lost power at our reception. It was crazy, but it all turned out ok :)

Lol since we're sharing,

I was married in the NICU in my comfy beach cover tube top, with nursing bra straps hanging out. No make-up and flaunting my Afro. Haha. Also spent maybe $5 on my wedding, and it was still SO special. Obviously for different reasons (Jaxon was there! :) :) :)) but just saying, you don't need much to make it work. It's all about the loooooove!

Morgan-you were beautiful on your wedding day. The way you looked at each other and Jaxon is priceless.

Awh Sandy no!

Life is certainly unpredictable, hopefully we have made an impact on these ladies to appreciate the little things more. No one wants to go through what we did, but it sure made us better wives and Mamas :) We will be married again once we have all of our babies. I am just so happy that we had the chance to do it with our little man.

& thank you Katrina ;) YOU were beautiful in the wedding this weekend, love the pic on the tractor!!! :)

waves- cute ideas! I like #2. I did that at a brunch we threw the next day with the water bottles and it was REALLY easy to put the labels on.

Also think the drink idea is cute!

Haha. We went to the courthouse and filled out the paperwork to make it official ;) No reception or ceremony or anything.

We'll be using our wedding moolah to go to Europe!

Cassidy is it you who does the tweaking? Can you see anything in my pictures please? :)

So DH and I didn't get the greatest news at his appointment today. He will be bringing a sample to the lab tomorrow to get tested. The urologist informed us that there is an 85% chance that DH's sperm was damaged by the chemo and a 25% chance he is infertile from it. We know he has sperm present but we wont know the quality until probably Wednesday. I am trying to stay positive for DH's sake but I am feeling like shit hearing that there is an 85% chance his sperm is damaged. With all of my issues and now DH's possible issues... It is never going to happen. All of this and the personal stuff we are going through is getting to much for me to handle. I really hope we get good news.

Amanda- Do you know if SA's are usually covered with Kaiser or is this going to be out of pocket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->