This'll be the month to remember, with BFPs in September!

So DH and I didn't get the greatest news at his appointment today. He will be bringing a sample to the lab tomorrow to get tested. The urologist informed us that there is an 85% chance that DH's sperm was damaged by the chemo and a 25% chance he is infertile from it. We know he has sperm present but we wont know the quality until probably Wednesday. I am trying to stay positive for DH's sake but I am feeling like shit hearing that there is an 85% chance his sperm is damaged. With all of my issues and now DH's possible issues... It is never going to happen. All of this and the personal stuff we are going through is getting to much for me to handle. I really hope we get good news.

Amanda- Do you know if SA's are usually covered with Kaiser or is this going to be out of pocket?

I think it is covered/included in any urology treatments. Both OH and I are covered under my work policy which covers 100% of all testing and lab work. It might be worth checking into your coverage, but i dont see any reason why it wouldnt.

my fingers are crossed for good results. just because there may be damage, or he has a reduced sperm count doesn't mean that you're out of options.

I know and I am trying to remember that. It just seems like the cards are stacked against us. Ugh I am feeling defeated at the moment.

OH has been sick for the past few days, and now I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with something. ugh :( I don't want to get sick!! I just remembered that I have jury duty on Thursday though, which means more than likely I will just get the day off! Ahhh.

I know and I am trying to remember that. It just seems like the cards are stacked against us. Ugh I am feeling defeated at the moment.

I understand completely! Don't give up, don't lose hope. you WILL get pregnant and everything will work out in your favor. TTC'ing sucks and I don't think any of us would be here seeking help, support, and advice if it was easy. :hugs:

So DH and I didn't get the greatest news at his appointment today. He will be bringing a sample to the lab tomorrow to get tested. The urologist informed us that there is an 85% chance that DH's sperm was damaged by the chemo and a 25% chance he is infertile from it. We know he has sperm present but we wont know the quality until probably Wednesday. I am trying to stay positive for DH's sake but I am feeling like shit hearing that there is an 85% chance his sperm is damaged. With all of my issues and now DH's possible issues... It is never going to happen. All of this and the personal stuff we are going through is getting to much for me to handle. I really hope we get good news.

Amanda- Do you know if SA's are usually covered with Kaiser or is this going to be out of pocket?

Nichole-My fingers are crossed you get good news and answers soon. What kind of cancer did he have?

Ugh, sorry that the news wasn't great Nichole :( I found this article saying that after a period of 6-12 months after chemo has stopped all the affected sperm should have been expelled already. As long as there wasn't any damage to his ability to produce more then it should be fine. I've got my FX for you and DH that everything will be fine and you'll get your baby soon!

https://www.mdanderson.org/patient-...and-diagnosis/preserving-fertility/index.html

Haha. We went to the courthouse and filled out the paperwork to make it official ;) No reception or ceremony or anything.

We'll be using our wedding moolah to go to Europe!

We did that first - court house in Pittsburgh then party in Brooklyn, lol went to Cuba this year to celebrate finally.

I'm so sorry love - results first then make plans for how to get to where you want to go. Try not to stress, at least now you are getting more info and can start to plan so you can get your BFP come hell or high water x

I feel like his doctor should have mentioned the possibility that way you guys could have banked some of his sperm ahead of time just in case you know? Ugh sometimes I hate Drs

If there are some affected IUI could still be an option.
Morgan-thanks we did a wreaking of the dresses complete with the horses and tractors. I want some of me in the creek yet though.

March makes 2 years since his last chemo treatment. Thanks for the article link Ashlee.

I feel like his doctor should have mentioned the possibility that way you guys could have banked some of his sperm ahead of time just in case you know? Ugh sometimes I hate Drs
Agreed- They really should have suggested it. Was it an option at the time?
If there are some affected IUI could still be an option.
Morgan-thanks we did a wreaking of the dresses complete with the horses and tractors. I want some of me in the creek yet though.

IUI should def be an option for you, Nichole! Looking at my coverage, IUI/ all ART is covered, I just have my normal co-pay!

He did but it was crazy expensive. It was like 700 to bank one sample of sperm and then 300 a year to store it. We had just gotten married so all of our money was spent on the wedding. They told us there was only a 25% chance of infertility so we decided to play the odds. We weren't informed of the 85% chance of damage.

I started an intense diet this weekend. Seriously sticking to it. I am on day 3 and feeling well (besides this stupid cold!) For anyone interested: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Gundrys-D...ne-And/dp/0307352110/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm down a pound already.

He did but it was crazy expensive. It was like 700 to bank one sample of sperm and then 300 a year to store it. We had just gotten married so all of our money was spent on the wedding. They told us there was only a 25% chance of infertility so we decided to play the odds. We weren't informed of the 85% chance of damage.

Given how sperm regenerates every 90 days or so, i would think the chances of damaged sperm arent 100% permanent, and the damaged sperm should be out of his system by now. If it affected the organs/systems that produce sperm, that may be a different situation.

Your insurance sounds wonderful I hate mine!! I want dh to get a new job so we can get better coverage

Nichole, I'm so sorry! Hopefully all will be well. I'm here to say that despite statistics, ANYTHING is possible. Don't give up. One step at a time, get some answers and then you can figure out a plan of action and we all will be here to support you!! You'll get your BFP. I hope things in your personal life, too. Thinking of you and praying for you, too.

My aunt just posted that they are having a girl...ugh why can't I be that fertile? She got preggo the week they got married then again a month after their son's first birthday. I guess my parents didn't pass down the fertile genes...neither of them had any trouble, hence my 7 brothers and sisters

On a more positive note, my soft cups are here! BD-A-Thon begins tomorrow! Hubby better be ready for me! lmao

Totally relatable Ashlee.. my sister had 4 kids in 4 years.. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->