Those coming off the pill, Question?

cari6

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Did you all start TTC the first week after your withdrawel bleed or did you wait for your first AF to start TTC?
I am planning to come off of my pill (overanette) end of feb, on my bleed at the moment and got one more pack to take starting on Sunday. With my other 3 children I concieved in the first month and was really lucky, not so sure this time though as I am a little older and maybe mine and partners fertility is not at its optimum.

I have come off the pill already and not TTC until August! I wanted to make sure I was regular and knew more about my cycles, especially as I've never been pregnant before - wanted to give myself the best chance. I took my last pill over a week ago and had nothing yet. I've read it can take anywhere from 4 weeks to months for AF to show depending on each individual.

If I were you I would just stop now and use condoms for 1 month.

If this bothers you, however, then there is no real need to wait until you get an AF - it just helps when it comes to dating but with the scans etc these days they can usually figure it out quite well anyway.

I took my last pill at the end of November and am using FAM to prevent as we won't start ttc until February 2011. I'm hypothryoid so I wanted to give my body time to adjust being off the pill, make sure my levels were good, and make sure that my cycles were normal. Also it'll benefit us when it comes time to ttc as I'll actually know when I'm ovulating.

I came off my pill last may to make sure my cycles were regular and i was in working order so to speak. I wont be ttc until may. Although i have gone back on the pill this month just for a couple of weeks to delay my cycle. If it was me i would stop taking it now and use condoms for the next month. Good luck with your ttc journey xx

I think I will take my last pack this month then come off, I might consider ov sticks then to see if I ovulate in the first month, as I wouldn't want to miss it! Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->