Those TTC for awhile.

oh, i'm sorry you had such a terrible accident. do you suffer with a lot of pain from that? DH was in a really bad accident 7 years ago. crushed his foot, broke his back, rod in his thigh,many other things. almost died. his foot bothers him the most, especailly on cold days.
i don't see why doing those blood tests would be innaccurate. they do them throughout your cycle to monitor your hormone levels i believe. that's how they can tell if you ovulated. also, your chart and opk's could be indicators. have you told him you don't get a + opk and showed him your chart? he should have at least checked your hormone levels. in a lot of cases if you are not ovulating, they will give you clomid to help you O. maybe get a second opinion. because of your age, i would think he should be testing you. my clinic will test anyone 35 or over.

oh, i'm sorry you had such a terrible accident. do you suffer with a lot of pain from that? DH was in a really bad accident 7 years ago. crushed his foot, broke his back, rod in his thigh,many other things. almost died. his foot bothers him the most, especailly on cold days.
i don't see why doing those blood tests would be innaccurate. they do them throughout your cycle to monitor your hormone levels i believe. that's how they can tell if you ovulated. also, your chart and opk's could be indicators. have you told him you don't get a + opk and showed him your chart? he should have at least checked your hormone levels. in a lot of cases if you are not ovulating, they will give you clomid to help you O. maybe get a second opinion. because of your age, i would think he should be testing you. my clinic will test anyone 35 or over.

Im sorry about your DH, thank god hes ok. My accident wasnt a really really bad one and sounds silly when i say it - i fell down a trapdoor into a basement in a cafe, dislocated my elbow, shattered the bones in my forearm and badly hurt my shoulder - they fixed the elbow, put a metal plate in arm but bone isnt healing at all so im having a CT scan next week and they will then decide if they need to re-operate on it, it took me 5 months of moaning and complaining for them to look at my shoulder and finally did an MRI scan on it, i must have had arthritis (which is normal in most pple over 30) but i didnt know about it but the accident triggered it off so last week i had an anesthetic and steroid injection thru the muscle and tendon to get to problem area, if that doesnt work they need to operate on shoulder

im only in pain if i move my shoulder or arm,if i keep it still its ok but i cant straighten arm - to make it worse its my left arm and im left handed and i find writing painful - i cant rotate my arm as that hurts too

they thought i had broken my spine at the time as i couldnt move without screaming out in agony - i was very lucky, i only bashed and bruised it.

i tried to talk to my doc about it but because of the mc he said that i must be ov;ing and not to worry yet but if i dont get a + this month then im going to go and see him and have a trantrum in his surgery and refuse to leave lol

it only hurts when you move it? oh my, i hope they can fix it for you! that's a lot of pain to be in.
i think you should insist on getting the labs done or find another dr. there's no time to mess around when you have that clock ticking away. especially since you haven't had a + opk. that should be enough for him to order the tests. i hope you get your little bean soon. it is NOT too late for you!

Wow, haven't you all been busy since I left :) its really nice to find others who are feeling the same as me, I honestly thought I must be doing something wrong as people come, and within a few cycles are gone and I'm left behind :(

The doctor won't do anything to help ATM as in April 2010 and aug 2010 I had the depo shot, once I came off I had no period for 5months then they came back regular as clockwork.

I don't chart or do my temps as that really confuses me and I have no real idea how to do it, I used opk for about 6cycles but I never got a + on them the lines never seemed to get even close to being the same colour :( I usually know when I'm going to ovulate I get pains in my left side for a few days so we DTD for a few days and then go back to every couple of days :)

I REALLY hope this is our cycle ladies!!!! Lots of baby dust to you all xxx

it only hurts when you move it? oh my, i hope they can fix it for you! that's a lot of pain to be in.
i think you should insist on getting the labs done or find another dr. there's no time to mess around when you have that clock ticking away. especially since you haven't had a + opk. that should be enough for him to order the tests. i hope you get your little bean soon. it is NOT too late for you!

its taken me a long time to find a doc that i can talk to and this one is brill - with no hesitation he arranged for bloods when i was 12 days late with tender stomach, cramps for 3 weeks, backacke and nausea and then he arranged for the ultrasound scan which is tomorrow - im going to print out my charts for the next time i see him (next week) and gently push him about testing me

his thoughts are that i must be Ov'ing if i had a possible mc last month

well i dreamt of twins last night, freaking me out a bit trying to think of where i would put two cots lol - i live in a small block of flats on the 3rd (top) floor with no lift, so was thinking how the heck would i carry two up the stairs with a handbag, shopping and buggy - kept me awake for ages

:rofl:

Pinky, yeah dr is right. If results of scan show possible m/c then you are def o'ing. Sorry I kept you up all night with the twin thing! You will figure it all out should you have two. You could even wear two baby slings, one in front one in back, then you would have your hands free to carry. Or move.

Tryingforno2- I can't see de yet either. I suppose I could and say ivebeen ttc longer, but I'm just gonna try to relax and keep trying.

To both of you- I have heard that some people never get a + opk and are ovulating. There are other ways to tell. From charting, cm, your o pains, and cerv position

Pinky, yeah dr is right. If results of scan show possible m/c then you are def o'ing. Sorry I kept you up all night with the twin thing! You will figure it all out should you have two. You could even wear two baby slings, one in front one in back, then you would have your hands free to carry. Or move.

Tryingforno2- I can't see de yet either. I suppose I could and say ivebeen ttc longer, but I'm just gonna try to relax and keep trying.

To both of you- I have heard that some people never get a + opk and are ovulating. There are other ways to tell. From charting, cm, your o pains, and cerv position

im kind of scared about tomorrows scan but at least i will know if everythings ok or not

lol no you didnt keep me up, at first i was disappointed with reading then i got all excited, not sure how id cope with twins but i would somehow lol

I do get lines on my OPKs just not any that are darker than the control line. in past two days i keep getting twinges around right ovary but its hard to tell since ive been having niggling light cramps since around start of Dec but i love temping n charting but cant/wont check my CP as a) the thought grosses me out and b) i have long nails lol

ive spoken to women on bnb that dont get AF;s and still got pregnant - our bodies are weird but mysterious things

im kind of scared about tomorrows scan but at least i will know if everythings ok or not

lol no you didnt keep me up, at first i was disappointed with reading then i got all excited, not sure how id cope with twins but i would somehow lol

I do get lines on my OPKs just not any that are darker than the control line. in past two days i keep getting twinges around right ovary but its hard to tell since ive been having niggling light cramps since around start of Dec but i love temping n charting but cant/wont check my CP as a) the thought grosses me out and b) i have long nails lol

ive spoken to women on bnb that dont get AF;s and still got pregnant - our bodies are weird but mysterious things

I hoPe all goes well for your scan tomorrow! The line doesn't need to be darker, just as dark as. Also, you can totally miss your surge if you only test once a day. A surge can last 12-36 hours so if yours lasts twelve hours you could miss it. I always test morning and night now as I have missed my surge before. I know it's gross but cp is a great indicator to confirm o. I wasn't sure I was but know I am now just by that. It will be really high around the time you o. I don't have nails though, ouch!

Unless im seeing my OH around that time there is no point in me testing more than once a day, my lines never get as dark as the control line no matter how many tests i do but ive just got a digital monitor so will start using that

i did cut the nail down on my midle finger but just the thought of trying it grosses me out but id like to do it

what is the best position to be in as ive heard some say laying down, others stand with a foot on the toilet etc

Unless im seeing my OH around that time there is no point in me testing more than once a day, my lines never get as dark as the control line no matter how many tests i do but ive just got a digital monitor so will start using that

i did cut the nail down on my midle finger but just the thought of trying it grosses me out but id like to do it

what is the best position to be in as ive heard some say laying down, others stand with a foot on the toilet etc

well, you could try testing twice a day just to confirm o. cp will confirm that too,so you could try both or one or the other. i think either way will work, sitting on the loo makes it easier too. it will be very low and to the back before and after o. when o approaches it will start getting higher and right around o you may not even be able to reach it. after o it will return to a low position again. i only started checking a couple months ago myself. i didnt want to do it but was worried i wasn't o'ing since my opk's are all over the place. it helps me pinpoint my fertile days.

I've been TTC for 14 months. Slowly edging my way towards LTTTC :rofl:

well, you could try testing twice a day just to confirm o. cp will confirm that too,so you could try both or one or the other. i think either way will work, sitting on the loo makes it easier too. it will be very low and to the back before and after o. when o approaches it will start getting higher and right around o you may not even be able to reach it. after o it will return to a low position again. i only started checking a couple months ago myself. i didnt want to do it but was worried i wasn't o'ing since my opk's are all over the place. it helps me pinpoint my fertile days.

ok im going to wash my hands and do it now so i dont "overthink" about it cos i know i wont do it then

the first time has got to be the hardest - pressuming it will be easier each time i do it

just makes me cringe thinking about it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> going to wash hands - brave girl!

you can do it pinky! it not a big deal really once you know how to do it.

Ok i tried it and not sure if i failed or succeeded

I managed about half a nail and then felt something sqoogy but dont know if thats my cervix or the side of me :rofl:

well, thats a start. you will know when you find it. it will feel either like the tip of your nose (infertile time) or like your lips (fertile time) sorry to say, but you will need more than a half a nail to find it.

well, thats a start. you will know when you find it. it will feel either like the tip of your nose (infertile time) or like your lips (fertile time) sorry to say, but you will need more than a half a nail to find it.

i feel quite dry down there and sort of "sticking together" so needed a mirror just to find the opening lol

i think i felt the side of me lol - dumb blonde

guess i should try it again >>>>>>>> goes off for another try sulking

Not yet but I have an appointment on Monday so am going to mention whilst I'm there :flower:

Not yet but I have an appointment on Monday so am going to mention whilst I'm there :flower:

are you charting, doing opk's and such? i have done all that to confirm o, but i have been very obsessed about it. i've decided to relax and see if that works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->