Thought I was done with 3 but????

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi

I have 3 children; DD1 ages 11 (12 in July), DD2 aged 2 and half and DS just turned 3 months.

I was really set on 3 being it after getting my beautiful baby boy after 2 girls but now I'm getting this feeling that I might want a 4th, am I crazy????

Hubby makes jokes well I think they are jokes about having another but I don't really know his real thoughts about it. He has said silly things about both our favourite number being 4 and I know that's not a valid reason to have a 4th. Also hubby is the youngest of 4.

I'm getting this big feeling that i'd love to have another boy, like it would be evened out and 2 of each also.

I know I'm babbling on but I'm really in 2 minds at the moment, I really thought this was it for me and we had talked about the snip for hubby but now I don't know if we are done.

One thing I'm worried about is other people's opinions if we did have a 4th, mother in law would definitely have something to say which would be hypocritical because she had 4 herself. My therapist has also made remarks when I saw him last saying how many is it now 4? 5?, saying are you done now, 3 is enough isn't it.
I know I shouldn't let anyone else's opinions bother me but I'm one of those people who let things get to me.

Well I'm going to drop the subject into conversation hopefully tonight with hubby and see where he really is at.

Hi

I have 3 children; DD1 ages 11 (12 in July), DD2 aged 2 and half and DS just turned 3 months.

I was really set on 3 being it after getting my beautiful baby boy after 2 girls but now I'm getting this feeling that I might want a 4th, am I crazy????

Hubby makes jokes well I think they are jokes about having another but I don't really know his real thoughts about it. He has said silly things about both our favourite number being 4 and I know that's not a valid reason to have a 4th. Also hubby is the youngest of 4.

I'm getting this big feeling that i'd love to have another boy, like it would be evened out and 2 of each also.

I know I'm babbling on but I'm really in 2 minds at the moment, I really thought this was it for me and we had talked about the snip for hubby but now I don't know if we are done.

One thing I'm worried about is other people's opinions if we did have a 4th, mother in law would definitely have something to say which would be hypocritical because she had 4 herself. My therapist has also made remarks when I saw him last saying how many is it now 4? 5?, saying are you done now, 3 is enough isn't it.
I know I shouldn't let anyone else's opinions bother me but I'm one of those people who let things get to me.

Well I'm going to drop the subject into conversation hopefully tonight with hubby and see where he really is at.

Definitely talk to the hubs about it and see what he says! It also might be something that you don't have to decide right now. Good luck!

Hi

Definitely talk to the hubs about it and see what he says! It also might be something that you don't have to decide right now. Good luck!

Thank you :)
Had a chat with hubby today after failed attempt last night. He says his jokes about a 4th is a bit of a cover that he does think about having a 4th and was thinking our baby has turned 3 months and he was thinking to himself is this really the last time having a baby. He says he's not saying a definite no or yes but there is something there about having a 4th child.
I also asked if we were to go ahead about what timescale and he said 2 years as he thinks 1 years time is too soon.
I'm not certain myself either and 2 years is a long time a lot can happen in that time but we will see, February/March 2019 we might possibly ttc #4

Hi

Had a chat with hubby today after failed attempt last night. He says his jokes about a 4th is a bit of a cover that he does think about having a 4th and was thinking our baby has turned 3 months and he was thinking to himself is this really the last time having a baby. He says he's not saying a definite no or yes but there is something there about having a 4th child.
I also asked if we were to go ahead about what timescale and he said 2 years as he thinks 1 years time is too soon.
I'm not certain myself either and 2 years is a long time a lot can happen in that time but we will see, February/March 2019 we might possibly ttc #4

I'm glad you all were able to talk about it! It sounds like you guys are on the same page with a possible #4! I'd say revisit it every few months yo see how you guys feel.

Hi

I'm glad you all were able to talk about it! It sounds like you guys are on the same page with a possible #4! I'd say revisit it every few months yo see how you guys feel.

Thank you :) Yeah I think that's a good idea to bring the subject up every so often to see if we are still thinking the same as now.
My hubby was a pain after we had our 2nd and we said about having a 3rd so they were closer in ages than the first 2 and if we were having a bad night with DD2 he was quite hurtful in his words and would change his mind about having another, I'm hoping he's change some this then and when we are having bad times that doesn't make him totally go off the idea.

Hi

Thank you :) Yeah I think that's a good idea to bring the subject up every so often to see if we are still thinking the same as now.
My hubby was a pain after we had our 2nd and we said about having a 3rd so they were closer in ages than the first 2 and if we were having a bad night with DD2 he was quite hurtful in his words and would change his mind about having another, I'm hoping he's change some this then and when we are having bad times that doesn't make him totally go off the idea.

It sounds like he got overwhelmed, which doesn't excuse his behavior. Hopefully he has changed his thought process on it some. Just remind him that the difficult times don't last forever.

Yes I think it was because he was overwhelmed like you said. Well it was more me last time saying about a 3rd and it's him that's made the first comments about a 4th so he must feel in a totally different place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->