Thought you had period and then BFP?

onemore4me

Reaction score
I know I read on here in a post I either started or commented on where a lady said she thought she had period (even with clots) and then got BFP.

I am wondering if you are out there, can you tell me what AF was like and when you got the BFP afterwards?

I think AF came 4 days early for me...(Thurs, not supposed to start till Sun.) But it only lasted 3 days...was somewhat heavy, but not as bad as it is sometimes, and DID have clots. (Sorry.)

But my temp is back up today to 97.9. It usually stays around 96.1-96.6 before ovulation, then jumps up in the 97s.

Just wondering if BY SOME SLIM CHANCE I might still have a shot at this.

Thanks!

I am wondering a similar thing. My af cam on time, but ws much lighter than usual and didnt last long, just light red to brown... are we both just nuts or is it possible? Id love to know... i hear a few have experienced this but not too many.. google seems to lead to more questions than it answers!!
Hope for both of us we're not mad!

Me, too. I searched the forum to try to find the post made by the lady I remember seeing having said that she thought she had her AF, had it for like 3 days I think, then ended up with a BFP. But I CANNOT find it to save my life. So I am hoping she sees this and responds. I am very interested in knowing how long after the supposed AF she got the BFP.

Heading out for awhile, but will be back after lunch....would appreciate all input. :)

I dont know the lady or thread, but my mum had a 'period' when she was pregnant with my sister. She said it was more heavier than normal. Couldn't really help with the testing though as she tested the month after when she didn't have no period, went to the Dr's and found she was 8weeks gone instead of 4 :) x x

Would love to know too, af was 3 days early for me too, but mostly just cramps, light bleed! I will do some searching too, hope to find something!!!

Me too - AF came yesterday as due and lasted 5 hours max, wasnt heavy or anything really, so light that didnt use a pad.

Ummm I wonder and have felt odd all day x

Soooooo frustrating! I have even looked back through posts I commented on and cannot seem to find it. I KNOW I SAW IT last week!!! Erg!

I tested before AF came, but it was negative. I will probably test tomorrow morning....if temp stays up. I think she said she tested 3-4 days after AF, and that was what I was really wanting to know as to when and what prompted her to test AFTER AF.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the temp going back up, I probably would have just assumed it was a short period. Maybe I am grasping at straws.

I'd like to know this too!!
My AF arrived 16 days late on the 1st.
It lasted as long as normal but was lighter, and now im having these achy pinchy pains towards my cervix.
It doesnt feel like ov pain, as its not on one side or the other..

I posted in first tri about this....
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...period-bleeding-around-time-you-were-due.html

I found this online:

Hormonal bleeding is when some women experience a light bleed at around four to eight weeks of pregnancy, or around the time their period would have been due. This can be very confusing for women who are pregnant and is the reason many women don’t realise they are pregnant for a while. Again, it is totally normal.

I did read on another site that this can be called decidual bleed, where just part of the lining comes away. I had that kind of 'shedding' feeling lol, like you get when you come on, sort of shakey if you know what i mean? And i had a major hot flush right before the bleeding.. I think I'm driving myself a bit mad with this, i need to test but dont want to be disappointed.

i had some early bleeding when preg with my daughter, it was my boobs remaining sore that made me test and i discovered i was pregnant.

Thanks scooby - I still feel like I'm due on, normally the symptoms of af go away when she does! Really crampy and hot still. this is whats making me want to test!!

Josephine, you already had "AF"? But think you might be preggo?

My temp is still up. If it is up in the am, I will take another test. I did have the slightest bit of CM today, and typically I am dry after AF.

here is hoping!

I'm not sure, but if you really think you are pregnant, I would see a doctor ASAP! Heavy bleeding can be worrisome.

:hugs: Good luck.

A lot of women DO report having "periods" once, twice, or even all throughout their pregnancy for various reasons. The clots worry me though, but I have heard it before! I would check it out if you can.

Though it depends how long your temp stays up. My temp usually only drops the day of, but one cycle, it stayed elevated until my third day of my period, which was normal otherwise.

i had some early bleeding when preg with my daughter, it was my boobs remaining sore that made me test and i discovered i was pregnant.

Well my AF started for me today, quite light, and my boobs are SORE! This is not a normal symptom for me...I will be stalking the thread to see what happens with you ladies!

GL!

I hope this could happen. Not that I think I am because AF was right on time but only light cramping on the first day. Been a constant halfway flow, not light and not heavy but started with brown spotting (never had that before). I noticed what little clotting that I did have it was much darker, looked like grape jelly to me. I have been a little emotional but that could be 3 months ago yesterday I lost my baby. I have been getting like that subconsciously every month.

I did just order some hpt test strips online for the next cycle so I may just take one when they get here just to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->