Thoughts of boys name

I'm in the states and have ever only known girls named Ellis. To me it sounds very dainty, graceful, and old fashioned. I would certainly assume any Ellis was a girl, but I wouldn't be surprised too much by a boy either. I guess you would just have to not be too surprised if people got it wrong sometimes when he was little.

I'm from New Zealand, I see Ellis as a boys name and Alice as the girls version of the spelling. But do pronounce them the same.

I've never known anyone named Ellis personally but view it as a unisex name. I often prefer unisex names on boys and this is no exception - I definitely think Ellis looks/sounds better for a boy. It's nice. :)

Wow that's interesting to hear. Here Ellis and Alice and definitely pronounced differently. The endings are the same, really, but El vs Al. Like the difference in the first part of Elton vs Alan.

Wow that's interesting to hear. Here Ellis and Alice and definitely pronounced differently. The endings are the same, really, but El vs Al. Like the difference in the first part of Elton vs Alan.

I'd pronounce Alice and Ellis differently too. Like you say it's El vs Al.

I'm from New Zealand too and pronounce Ellis and Alice differently!

Ellis is one of my fav boys names but my hubby hated it. He loves Elias though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->