time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

Ohh sorry Emmy I didn't realise! Extra luck with your weight loss then :) its hard! I've fallen off the wagon a few times but you have to spur yourself back on lol! Xx

Awwwww hun it's ok :hugs:

Chris is getting on board with me so that is definitely going to be a big help :happydance:

Going to poundland today to pick up some tealight lanterns to decorate around the gazebo at the pond with and to put along the path in the woods :happydance: I've spotted some on their website, so was thinking of maybe collecting 6 a week until I have enough. No idea what I'll do with them once I've finished :rofl:

Sell them! Always keep one as a keepsake though. After a friends wedding she gave centre pieces out to her friends - I was lucky enough to get one (well, it was her mum handing them out as we were leaving the hotel the following morning and I loved her mum, we got on great - but sadly she is another fine lady that passed away from a brain hemorrhage, but my friend didn't get to say goodbye :sad2:).

Sorry to hear your LP was so short. It looked so promising with the OPKs. Once you've lost some more weight I'm sure things will sort themselves out - you've seen all the success stories on Bellies to Bumps so you know what to do. It will be a very hard journey but you will get there :hugs:.

So, this month is a very expensive one! Get those invites out ASAP so you can concentrate on the other stuff. Get as much done before the big day - last thing you want the week before is rushing around organising things!

xxx

Yeah do as much as you can :) poundland also sell weight watchers crisps and cakes ;) I find them really helpful hahaha xxx

I managed to get 3 tea light lanterns as they hadn't restocked the shelves much :dohh: But it doesn't matter as there's still plenty of time to collect them :)

Invites are going on wednesday as we need to buy some second class stamps tomorrow so I can get them all packaged up, but, yep, wednesday is the day that they will all be out of my hair and it's just a case of waiting on the rsvps :D

I'm thinking about maybe buying some fake gerberas in royal blue and yellow and using them in the centrepieces. I'm not 100% sure yet as I'm tempted to buy real ones, but then it's a case of someone nipping into morrisons on the morning of the wedding to buy some. So maybe artificial ones is the way to go? :shrug: :rofl:

Ikea sell them, something like 65p each these days. Defo do blue as I got some for Joel's room, not 100% sure on yellow though.
Xxx

Yip, they do yellow :)
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10139191/
xxx

Oh, and I've just sent you a friend request on FB, hope you don't mind :flower:
xxx

:happydance: thanks hun, think we'll make a trip to ikea in warrington next time we're in cheshire (which is a week on friday). It doesn't close until 10pm so we could probably nip in on the way back from the trafford centre on the saturday :happydance:

Naww that song is lovely. Is that what you want as first dance? Or are you still looking? x

I love that song, just played it to OH to walk out to And he said no like every other song :(

I'd love it as a first dance song, but I'm not sure how to persuade Chris to dance to it lol

Lauren just do a list of songs and tell him he has to choose one. If he's not going to suggest anything then he needs to at least choose from a list you've put together :hugs:

Ha, I can't even convince OH to dance with me as a practice in the living room so god knows what's going to happen on the day :rolleyes:

Lauren, I agree with the others. Create a short list of the songs you like then get him to make the choice. That's what I did with our ceremony music :thumbup:

Ohh I've gave him so many choices! We have decided on our walking out song now, but now we don't like one of our signing the register songs so we are back looking for another one of them! It's so hard!

:grr: Chris still hasn't been and got me the 2nd class stamps that I need to put on the rsvps in the last of the invitations. So the invitations still haven't been sent out. Fingers crossed by friday at the latest they'll be gone and I won't have to worry about them until the rsvp date is up.

Really looking forward to next weekend and having my youngest flower girl for the day. I'm not too keen on traipsing around after mil and sil, so I think I'll wander off with our friends and their children if that happens :rofl: I've found some gorgeous sandals in sports direct for the bridesmaids for £7.99 :shock: But mil says I should wait and see if the bridesmaids' mums offer to pay for the shoes. I feel really awkward about it, but it would be £60 less for me to worry about (they have a £20 budget) and the 2 older bridesmaids have got their shoes sorted already.

Hopefully we'll be getting our car back today. The clutch went just as we were due to go to cheshire so it got collected last week and the mechanic has been waiting on the part to be delivered. I'm a bit gutted thought as it's £240 which could have been spent on the wedding :hissy:

On a brighter note, Chris tried on his suit and shirt for me the other day and he looked amazing :cloud9: We just need to buy his waistcoat and then he'll be all sorted :happydance:

And we now have a pageboy :happydance: Chris' oldest friend (one of our ushers) has a 2 year old boy (he'll be almost 3 by the time of the wedding) and we'd been talking about maybe putting him in a matching suit to his dad, but on the booking form with the photographer there was a list for the names of the wedding party and we've asked his mum if he can be a page boy and she was really chuffed :cloud9: She's already been out and sorted out a suit for him, she's said she just needs to find a waistcoat and shoes for him too now :happydance:

Awwh that will be sweet! My SIL's have got 3 little boys between them and they've decided to buy all 3 suits that match. They won't match my OH and Rory but oh well! Thats because we didn't want to ask them to be paige boys until we knew we could afford it lol! Cars are a total oncost! But life would be 10 times harder without them haha xx

Oh yeah definitely and £240 is extremely reasonable for a new clutch. So we'll just have to grin and bear it.

I'm trying to sell some trainers and my like new uggs (that won't fit around my calves) on ebay to try and cover some of the cost, so fingers crossed they sell so it won't be too much of a dent :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->