Tinsel Tots 2009

Hi Westbrja & Abster - yep i'm still in. Clinging on for dear life! I've been messing up my temps so I'm not really sure what's going on this month but fingers crossed the witch will stay away. Was thinking of testing tomorrow or Thurs but I may not as far past my ov date as originally thought. Westbrja, your chart is looking really promising!!! FX! It's rubbish you got a BFN but it's probably too early.

angelmyky - still have my FX for you for Weds.

Lolley - Hope that witch stays away for you too!

Yeah almost triphasic, but I heard today that another gal has had triphasic charts and had the :witch: show up. I know I'll test again in the morning :blush: unless my temp drops. We are still in the runnings though :happydance:. Any symptoms for you? I had a headache and I thought pre-cramps today which is usually means AF is coming. Hopefully they were early preggo signs lol.

Well luckily that doesn't mean your AF will show up.. PMA! I'm not sure about testing. I've done one of those cheap strip things which aren't very sensitive on diluted urine this evening and it was a BFN which I expected. I don't want to waste the good tests, especially as my hubbie knows how many we've got and I don't want him to think I've turned in to a baby obsessed wife! (although he would be totally correct lol!!). Symptoms wise.. I've had heart burn, restless sleep, an increased appetite and an increased sense of smell.. but all of this could be in my head! All month I've felt like I've had a dull period pain which is worrying. I got it about a week before my AF last cycle. I've been feeling my boobs every day (lol!!) but they are just the same.. darn them. One day I'm sure it's not happening this month and the next I'm feeling all positive. x

Oh I forgot, I wanted to ask you "Seasoned TTC'ers". Is a generic brand of FRER just as reliable?

Oh and at the moment I'm feeling a bit nauseas but that could be anything from being tired to having too tight a pair of trousers on!! lol

lol fish & chips!!!

Talking of tight trousers, where I am so bloated mine are feeling a bit snug! (that could have been the swiss roll I ate this weekend!!)

I got married in June and since then I've gone from a size 8/10 to a 12/14! Grr.. all my blimen trousers are too tight.

Westbrja.. loving you sig too! x

Titi posted something in another thread about tampons being harmful to fertility. This is the most useful info I've found so far:

https://forums.bellybelly.com.au/forums/conception-general-discussion/88168-how-tampons-affect-fertility-must-read.html

Should I be concerned? Guess I'll have to look out for organic cotton ones when I need them in the future.

evening (in uk) hello ladies, hope everyong is well. I have cramp today, strange I dont want to SS and make myself mental as its probs too early for me as im only 3/4dpo. xxx

evening (in uk) hello ladies, hope everyong is well. I have cramp today, strange I dont want to SS and make myself mental as its probs too early for me as im only 4/5dpo. xxx

Fingers crossed! It's too early for AF so PMA! x

I actually had positive lines on my OPK 3 times last cycle, however later I read that when there are two lines the control has to at least be as dark as the test line, or you count it as negative. I don't know now, looking back 1 or more could have been a negative-I was confused too. That's why its good to temp too (although you wont know til too late but can you for next month) or I guess the best indicator is EWCM (except poor me didn't get any last time)

Oh, so the test I did on Sat. the control line was light- but the test line was dark- so that could be a negative? The Sunday test- both lines were dark- so I guess I would read that as my positive! Thanks for the info!:thumbup:

My CM has been sparse this month- which isn't like me...sorry TMI?!? I think it may be from the meds I was on last cycle for my sinus infection? At least that is what I am hoping- as this is the 1st month that it's happened. :wacko:

I have thought about temping- but I usually get up once or twice every night to use the bathroom :dohh: So I thought that might skew my results. What do you think?
Well, I hope I just get my BFP this cycle and can forget about it for a while...but you never know I guess and I'd like to feel prepared either way!:shrug: Ok, enough of that...PMA, PMA, PMA, PMA!!!!!

:hugs::dust:

Yes-I'm pretty sure that unless the the test line is as dark or darker than control line you do not count as positive.

Have also heard that yes, antihistamines can mess up CM.

I also have to get up in the night to use the bathroom, but I go to bed early around 10 and try not to get up any later than 2 and I temp at 6. For me as long as I have four hours of sleep it is pretty good. I have heard that vaginal temping isn't as sensitive and you can get up and stuff but have no idea about that........good people to ask are in the "All New Chart Stalkers" thread. They're the experts : )

[/QUOTE]

""Trying" too often can actually do more harm than good. Do not try every night! You will get exhausted and sore, and your mucus--both for fertility and for lubrication--will dry up, and you will stop trying too early in the month or miss an important day. Every other day is absolutely sufficient, with three nights in a row during peak time sealing the deal."
QUOTE]

WASNT THIS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were never so happy to be done :sex: lol.

Titi posted something in another thread about tampons being harmful to fertility. This is the most useful info I've found so far:

https://forums.bellybelly.com.au/forums/conception-general-discussion/88168-how-tampons-affect-fertility-must-read.html

Should I be concerned? Guess I'll have to look out for organic cotton ones when I need them in the future.

**I'm going to read this now and check it out. You know, I started freaking out the possibility of it and almost skipped them this cycle. But DH and I were out on the baby making supplement & juice run Sunday and I stopped in the feminine Isle and picked up a box of "All Natural" pads. I said, "I think I might give these a try too this cycle". DH went all :sick: and said, horrified, "pads?!?!?!?" and I ended up putting them back :blush:

Oh no!!! I just read it. It sounds convincing. Sorry Dh-pads for me!!!!

Anyway-need BD advice. There seems to be some conflict as to BD every day or every other day. Last month I had a nice clear cycle and BD every day 7 days in a row and no catchy the eggy. So wanted to change it up this time to BD every other day-but if I do that is it more important to BD ON OV day or the day before? As I can only hit one BD every other day? What do you girls think??

I think is pretty much what everyone else was saying- but thought I'd share it anyway. I was reading the Sperm meets egg plan from the Increasing Your Fertility thread and this is what is said...

""Trying" too often can actually do more harm than good. Do not try every night! You will get exhausted and sore, and your mucus--both for fertility and for lubrication--will dry up, and you will stop trying too early in the month or miss an important day. Every other day is absolutely sufficient, with three nights in a row during peak time sealing the deal."

Good Luck!

:hugs::dust:

I don't know about everybody else, but after a year's trying I'd rather BD 5 days straight around ov than do it every other day all the time and then a few days in a row. Have never dried up or got sore but it could be said that I'm apathetic and feel like a robot :rofl::rofl:

Abi I heard that last cycle :rofl:

we did every other day form cd 14 then 4 times in a row around O xx

**I'm going to read this now and check it out. You know, I started freaking out the possibility of it and almost skipped them this cycle. But DH and I were out on the baby making supplement & juice run Sunday and I stopped in the feminine Isle and picked up a box of "All Natural" pads. I said, "I think I might give these a try too this cycle". DH went all :sick: and said, horrified, "pads?!?!?!?" and I ended up putting them back :blush:

Oh no!!! I just read it. It sounds convincing. Sorry Dh-pads for me!!!!

Anybody heard of Mooncups? There are a few things under different names but they do the same thing. I use a mooncup - have done since 2001. It;s basically a cup made of silicon (flexible, not rigid) which sits up inside your cervix to hold your flow. You empty it into the toilet, rinse it and put it back in. Can take a few goes to get the hang of it (alhtough I don't remember having any problems), but has never been linked to toxic shock syndrome or other health problems and saves you tons of money (they're about £15). I also use washable sanitary towels; there are tons of different types, sizes etc. I have organic cotton and hemp ones, plain and patterned, and they're great. My Auntie Flo is big and heavy so I sometimes have to use both and don't see myself going back to tampons and disposable pads EVER!

I know some of you will think bleurgh (a few of my friends have) but they're great and theyr'e really catching on. If anybody has any questions (other than "Why are you such a minger?!") just ask me.

I'm off to bed now.
Abi x

My goodness girls I am away for 24hours and there is 10 pages to read!! This thread is amazing!!

I'm now also quite scared of tampons after reading that!!

My pre-seed arrived today so we are going to give that a go and see if it helps. I think we might be bd'ing too much we have been doing it almost everyday!!

Had a crappy day at work two women announced pregnancy's and as much as i'm sooo pleased for them I hate myself for felling so jealous!!!

Hope you are all doing ok......... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My midwife said every other day and then increase to daily around O. She said I didn't want the old dumb sperm blocking the way for the strong ones. Lmao

Hi everyone, just checking in. Let's see how I feel about the issues under discussion lol... I'd go with every other day and an extra BD on the day I think is Ov.

Wow, never thought about that with the tampons...scary... will have to think about this. Thanks Abster for the reminder on the mooncups, I may try it out or whatever is available here.

Just thought I should mention that I've also seen some threads where people use the mooncup after BD to hold in the swimmers.

:dust: to all

this is tmi, but i think i'v caught myself with the tampon, or the applicator. N the scratch is bleeding. It also seems quite watery. What's going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->