Tinsel Tots 2009

I'm glad.

People mean well, they just get a bit insensitive about things.

Hope your ok?

Nic x

Hey girlies

I'm quite excited to try sperm meets egg plan - especially since I have my cycle buddy trying it too! I've just ordered some digital clearblues - plan recommends 10 so got 2x 7packs. Thought I cant go wrong with smiley faces! I'd rather pay bit more and not be confused with the result. What time of day do you do Ov test?

Ordered a basal thermometer too it was only cheap! Totally kitted out now! Are you supposed to do temp first thing in the morning? at the same time?

I am cd2 now so I would guess ov will be around 24th/25th and we're staying at OH parents xmas day ha ha! Sleeping in the lounge will need to try and be quiet ha ha! So then should test around then 7th.

PMA PMA PMA for January - FX 2010 wooooohoooo!!!

Angelb-
The answers to your questions can be found on the Fertility Friend website along with MUCH more info.
But to answer them in short-
in order to get your proper BBT you must temp in the AM after 3 consecutive hours of sleep, and immediatly upon waking at the same time every am. there are many factors that can throw off your temp charting such as waking too early or too late, or if you drank the night before, or if you didn't sleep for 3 hours in a row before testing. It is a pretty strict thing, but once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature.

as far as the OPKs each company tell you different things, but in general you should test in the afternoon after holding your pee for at least an hour if not longer.
OPKs used in the am are unreliable because LH - the hormone OPKS look for gets broken down over night.

How long are your cycles usually? In general for a 28 day cycle your OV day will be around the 14th.
Hope that helps and if you have any other questions PM me!

Hi Nic-
Thank you : ) :hugs: I am doing well.....although I am dissapointed about bfn I am not too gutted b/c I guess I must have mentally decided its never going to happen...losing pma and so got a cute new puppy to keep me occupied/distracted although a bit crazy since its our third doggie. I am just REALLY worried about the SA. Can't keep thinking of the what if's as DH is so unhealthy. I can't even get him to take his cholesterol meds each night to avoid quad. bypass like his dad had/fatal heart attack like his grandpa or quit smoking or anything. If he can't get healthy to save his own life how can he get healthy to make a new one? arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

ps-angelblue-I might like to try EMSP too! Have to wait though b/c if there is something wrong with DH's spermy I think there is a certain way we will have to BD-although just to see we only did every other day this cycle instead of every single day like last time and still not successful. Welcome to charting-it can become addictive!

Thanks for all your advice girls, really appreciate it :hugs:

hhmmm work was bit crappy yesterday, the guy that got the job brought in cakes for the whole office to celebrate his "good fortune" talk about rub it in my face :growlmad:
Anyway I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just waiting for everything to arrive in the post now. Gonna by a new ttc diary ready for 2010, ready to start the SMEP!!! (do you like my abbreviation??!! ha ha) Hey I've just realised like my cycle buddy I should also be ovulating christmas eve/christmas day :rofl:

Just for a bit of christmas fun...

I don’t usually indulge but this is so much fun!! “NORAD Tracks Santa” is a site run by The US Air Defence and Command type folk. They basically track Santa and his preparations throughout December and then on Christmas Eve they use Google Earth to show his progress around the globe and his different stops along the way, its fun and a little bit educational and more to the point it can help get the little ones to bed!!! It’s LIVE on the night, my friends little boy loves it so I though I would share, its fun for the grown ups too . Check it out….. the magic happens on Christmas Eve :happydance:

https://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

Hi Titi.. I am terrified of letting people know that we are trying as I don't want people's comments about how long it's taking etc. People can be so blimen insensitive, it's unfunny! FX things all work out and that your BFP is just round the corner. x

I think I ov-ed as my temps went up yesterday.. FX I did and that we timed the bd-ing well.

PMA xx

Thanks for all your advice girls, really appreciate it :hugs:

hhmmm work was bit crappy yesterday, the guy that got the job brought in cakes for the whole office to celebrate his "good fortune" talk about rub it in my face :growlmad:
Anyway I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just waiting for everything to arrive in the post now. Gonna by a new ttc diary ready for 2010, ready to start the SMEP!!! (do you like my abbreviation??!! ha ha) Hey I've just realised like my cycle buddy I should also be ovulating christmas eve/christmas day :rofl:

Just for a bit of christmas fun...

I don’t usually indulge but this is so much fun!! “NORAD Tracks Santa” is a site run by The US Air Defence and Command type folk. They basically track Santa and his preparations throughout December and then on Christmas Eve they use Google Earth to show his progress around the globe and his different stops along the way, its fun and a little bit educational and more to the point it can help get the little ones to bed!!! It’s LIVE on the night, my friends little boy loves it so I though I would share, its fun for the grown ups too . Check it out….. the magic happens on Christmas Eve :happydance:

https://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

This is fantastic, i used it last year with my kids. They were amazed.
On Christmas day i sent them an email them, thanking them for all the wonderful work they do in keeping kids dreams alive and i even got a reply back! i was gobsmacked, a really lovely email too not just a quick thanks.
I love it :)

Okay feeling more upbeat today. Will be optimistic and full of PMA.

Angelblue-I love the avatar-my "oldest" is a boxer-he is the sweetest boy.

SMEP-I had it abbreviated wrong-whoops!!!

Yeah F&C-I wish we hadn't told anyone except my mum. Except we'd been together over 7 years before we got married and being in my thirties everyone kinda knew my clock was already ticking and we were going to start trying after the wedding. I just thought it would happen! The funny thing is all the "advice" comes from people who never had to "try" and don't even know all that is involved. My favorite is a lot of people ask us if we know that we have to "time it right-do it a certain time of the month"........ha! I should whip out my chart for them and give them a chat about my cervical mucus-:rofl: maybe that would stop them! How do you like that one Nic?

I'm afraid my PMA has deserted me today. In fact I am having a pajama day, it's that bad.

Can somebody slap me please!?

Mock slap on its way to you. x

Hun,

We are a week away from christmas hols. It's the x factor final tonight you have every right to have a pyjama day, but do it because you can not because you feel down.

Remember this month is our month. x

Thanks Titi - actually she is a British Bulldog, but they are very similar in face to Boxers, but she is still quite young not even 2 years old yet! She is filling out a bit more now, she weighs 28lbs at the moment. Her name is Roxy

I'm afraid my PMA has deserted me today. In fact I am having a pajama day, it's that bad.

Can somebody slap me please!?

There's no shame in it! I am doing the same! Taking advantage of a day off and OH is at work so if I wanna watch girlie crap on tv then I can!!!!!! Woooo!!!!

Definitely not alot of... :dishes: or :laundry: or :hangwashing: going on!!! ha ha!!!

Hi girls, sorry I'm in a hurry so this is a round robin... here goes:

F&C - it looks to me like you ov'd on friday too - FF should confirm it on monday. Why the empty-circle high temps last weekend? There's a poss that FF might delay marking ov for you, but don't worry... Nice-timed BD!

Titi, sorry you're feeling down. I'd be feeling more than down if I was getting TTC advice from my uncles :rofl::rofl: You might find that if your DH's SA is bad news it gives him the push he needs to turn himself around. At th emoment he just has his fingers in his ears and is singing at the top of his voice, isn't he? Wouldn't things be different if men got together and talked like we do, hey? At least once the results are back you'll know where you are and what you both need to do (or what you need to force down his throat!!).. Please don't lose your PMA, you're one of the sunniest people on here.

Have a slap from me as well fairygirl (and another for watching X-Factor, but I think I'm in the minority there). It'll happen, try not to stress (of course we all know this advice is easier to dish out than it is to follow, but we dish it out with such certainty to everybody else because we know it matters and IS TRUE!!).

Better go, think I'm burning our tea...
Abi x

Hi All, hope everyone's fine.

Fairygirl here's a :hugs:. Hope you feel better.

Titi, I got advice from DH's brother, I thought it was hilarious!

Thanks all. Just enjoying some cuddles from DF and trying to chill out.

Help someone!

I'm starting to have a bit of a panic. I have been trying to calculate my most fertile days and every website says something different.

My last cycle was 33 days and this one has been 35. My CD1 was the 10th December.

I was thinking about :sex: on the 25th, 27th and 29th just to make sure, but is that right? I so want my :bfp: this month and scared I will screw it all up.

Thanks,

Nic x

You know I think to start on day 10 and do every other day to day 18! But then your cycles are longer so do a day 20 just for luck!

Thanks Titi - actually she is a British Bulldog, but they are very similar in face to Boxers, but she is still quite young not even 2 years old yet! She is filling out a bit more now, she weighs 28lbs at the moment. Her name is Roxy

Wow I never even heard of a British Bulldog! She looks so much like my boxer. She is adorable and I love her name. We just got a french bulldog-I think the littlest of all the bulldogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->