Tinsel Tots 2009

I'm hoping to hold out until Tuesday morning. I want to be certain that AF isn't showing. Due today or tomorrow but so far not even a knock which is a bit strange. I feel so happy but trying to not get my hopes up too high.

Was there colour in your line? Could be....

No it was colourless :( I am pretty sure it was an evap line. I looked a few minutes later and couldn't see anything.

Yey! We can test together! Well I lied a little earlier.. I used a cheap test that I knew wouldn't pick anything up as it's not sensitive enough for an early test but I knew it would quench my appetite to test! I think I got an evaporation line. It's incredibly light and I didn't check it until about 20 mins after doing it! Just goes to show all I wanted was to pee on something and didn't care about looking at the result! I hope it's not an evap line and that I'm going to get good news tomorrow. FX!! x

Have everything crossed for you and Fairy Girl. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi All-

How is everyone?

F&C & Fairygirl-I'm so hoping you both are preg! F&C-I know what you mean about testing early and wanting to see if you can drink. but it won't really help to test-if u get a bfp you can't drink and even if you get a bfn this early it's not likely to be accurate this early anyhow. I just read on FF that 80% of the first + were at 12dpo and later.
It should be called the 5 day wait, huh-it is so hard these last few days. Last month I abstained completely in the week of OV and 2ww and felt great about it. This cycle I was convinced I was not PG and drank a glass of wine a few times in the 2ww and then right when I was due for AF my temps stayed up and I got so worried and really wished I had just not had anything.........but that's just me.

FG-I don't think it's rude to ignore the witch. What I think is rude is for her to keep showing up uninvited!! I'm really made at her right now. I tried ignoring her to the point where I managed, yet AGAIN to convince myself she was pregnancy spotting (I can thank the chartstalkers for that-since my stupid temps were so high) and actually took a HPT with full bleed-what a dork.

Nic-I do find waiting for OV to normally be harder than the 2ww because I feel so hopeless. I think for me-it is a good sign that TTC is starting to define my life. I can make my entire life about it during OV and 2ww but what to do in the meantime?

Depending on how crushing my BFN was from the last cycle I go one of two ways. Last month I completely obsessed about new and improved ways to get a bfp. I went on mad shopping sprees stocking up on OPKs and supplements and researched things like crazy. Also planned a pre-BD romp to clear out dead/old spermys (2-5 days out).

Now I am thinking maybe there is a reason there is this week or two and it is for a mental break. It's going to be hard but except for going to pick up some grapefruit juice today I'm really going to try and live like a normal, non-ttc person until OV.

Although-I feel really kind of hopeless for the moment. Every time I see DH light up another cigerette I wonder why he couldn't quit ASAP. I can't talk to him about it right now. I know the shock of his SA results were quite hard on him and I have decided the decent thing to do is to give him a week or perhaps two (at most) to let him absorb it instead of making him feel to blame when he is already down. I guess I can pray a lot in this time that he will be able to change and going to expect the positive. I feel in my heart this is the right thing to do but also feel crushing dissapointment that this means I'm out for the next few months, barring a miracle, as his sperm will take 6 weeks to 4 months to show improvement from the time he starts making a difference. sigh.

Oh :hugs: Titi. I'd be so mad if it was my hubby lighting up those cigarettes. I hope he comes to his senses soon. Or a harsh chat might be in order.

I'm losing my pma by the second. My stomach is getting sore and I stupidly checked my cp. Why do I do this. *tmi* I'm very wet but my cervix has moved over is slightly open and very hard. This means AF right. Come on then show your face if you have to! Just put me out of my misery. I'm scared to go to the loo atm. :cry:

Hi All,

Titi, think you are doing the right thing with DH. He probably knows, but needs the comfort of the cigs at the minute. Give him a week and then perhaps have a chat with him and hopefully he will start to change his ways. He might have already thought about it as a new years resolution.

FG- :hug: you only have a few more days left. I still have everything crossed, which is making it very difficult to walk and type at the minute.

Had a strange dream last night. Had a sanitary towel with a flashing :bfp: on it. Think it's a mixture of AF and pregnancy!

Amazing what ttc does to your brain!

X

Hi girlies

Update from me, I got a negative OPK yesterday, havent done one today yet, trying to BD every other day from cd8 as the sperm meets egg plan states, although OH was shattered and went to bed earlier than me on cd8 so didnt manage to BD, but we did it twice cd9 to make up for it! and will BD tonight :thumbup:

Just wondering... can my OH take zinc or anything to improve his sperm count? Even though hes never tested and this is only our 3rd cycle - I just get scared - what if we end up a year down the line before we could test and find out it was a low count and we wasted all this time, when we could have done something to improve it? If we dont know if it is low, is it harmful to take anything?

I think about things too much! :wacko:

Hope everyone is ok, good luck to those waiting to test
:dust:

hi girls just quickly catching up, any bfp's yet? what happened with angelmky? we just got a new puppy :) little daisy the american bulldog so is so cute but our dog henry just wants to play with her all the time and is a bit ruff she is a little tinker aswel mind xx

So deciding to buy a test in the morning if I survive the night without a nasty surprise. Have some sharp pains but wondering if it's more wind than anything. Anyone know how I store fmu if I pee in a cup in the morning before buying my test?

Thanks Titi. I obviously really hope I am but am not feeling very positive right now as I've felt really normal today, with no signs or symptoms other than more creamy cm... possibly even watery cm. Having said that, your advice about the testing is just what I need to hear. I might test but if it's negative I will wait a few more days. At least if it's a negative tomorrow, I know not to panic. :)

When do you think you'll be testing fairygirl?

I need to get through tonight and get myself to Boots in the morning. Probably going to test once I can hold enough pee. If it's bfn will try again Tues with fmu. This is horrid!! I've read threads where AF just sneaks up on them without the usual symptoms. I do not have the usual symptoms and apart from being as scared as anything I have this inner calm. Odd huh. Oh I'm 16 or 17 dpo I believe...
What about you F&C?

Wow.. you are well past your ov date! I would definitely test. Good for you for waiting so long! I will only be 10dpo tomorrow! I can't remember if you temp fairygirl?x

I don't temp. I'm going with O pains and ewcm. I did think maybe I have my dates wrong and checked my diary and it isn't immediately obvious where a different O day could be. I think I O'd day 16 or 17 of a 32 (or 30 or 33) day cycle. We bd'd 10,12,14,16 and 18. I've had so many moments where I've thought I'm out, but my body just keeps going. I keep wanting to go to the toilet just to check. Silly me.

Edit: Dunno if you remember but this is my first month of ttc. Was meant to be next cycle but felt I should try this month.

stay positive hun remember i'm your good luck charm and this is your month!!!

Af got me today all so onto Jan for me xxx

Ava, I hope your luck gets me my bfp and then stays with you for yours. I am ever so thankful for everything.

It will hun, I didn't feel too positive in the last few days but I do feel like this is your time and your symptoms look good. xxxxxxxxx

thanks fish&chips she certainly is! She is disobediant as I banned her from here!! Oh well she will learn to listen to me eventually!! I kind of feel like it's my fault I havn't been looking after myself properly. x

Don't put that on yourself. It's probably just not your time.. no other reason x

oh Ava-rats! So sorry about AF. I'm on cd 2 so I will go through this misery with you (drinking a glass of wine right now as a matter of fact).

F&C-Having said what I did early-it is not like it stopped me from testing any earlier. :smile: It's just funny I can relate to testing early so I know if I can have a drink at dinner or whatever and the truth is it's really too early to take that stance. BUT It's just a personal preference for me that I would rather not drink if PG... of course plenty of women that aren't TTC like us don't know they are PG until long after the fact and have had plenty to drink. Also I think for some reason the states and abroad differ on alcohol consumption during pregnancy.

Sooooooooo Fairygirl-was when does your AF usually arrive? Suspenseful!!!!! I wondered about "storing pee" too. I bet you would probably get a better result using old FMU then fresh non-fmu-anyone have any ideas on this?

GG-Congrats on your new FUR baby!! And a bulldog! I got a new bulldog (french though) puppy this month too. Just couldn't wait any longer for something tiny to love.
You should put up pics-I bet its adorable. I can see Henri giving it a run though. Our new pup is 8 pounds and both our other dogs are 100. We've had them separated for 2 weeks which is no feat. But my sweet male Boxer loves her but is still a little too big & clumsy and my female dogue de bordeaux wants to eat her which is a serious problem.

oh-BTW. Couldn't resist a 'little talk" with the DH today. Boy how I wished I'd kept to my word not to yet. (anyone else do this?). He said he "didn't want to stress himself out too much" and thus was "going to make the changes slowly".

Who last used this emoticon for my situation :gun:? it was VERY appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->