Tinsel Tots 2009

I went in there raging last Feb! The receptionist was so rude to me, I had tonsilitus (it wasn't even that bad) but I felt like I was burning up so bad that I NEEDED antibiotics. I reckon I had such a high temp I was delirious and not completely unreasonable. :blush: He looked at my tonsils, gave me a prescription and calmed me down by asking about my Fibromyalgia. I was shocked he asked, but not as shocked as he was when in my pre-ttc check up I told him I was medicine free! (No Fibro is getting me down baby!) I didn't tell him the wenches of Receptionists wouldn't give me an appointment for a repeat prescription so I gave my meds up.

Hi Ladies,

hope your all well, this thread has got its pace back so apologies for no reponses, I have been busy with getting ready for xmas, i am now 2/3 dpo but think i have no chance now this month with dh's knee op we only managed to bd once and not sure if it was too soon, so yes it would be fab to get a bfp but not worrying if we dont, will just have to try harder next month :)

fingers crossed for fairy girl and fish and chips hope you get ur bfp's

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Well I haven't been holding up to my festive effort so we have put on The Family Stone.

Goodness me SJPs character babbles on as much as me.

Family Stone was good.

Two of DH's cousins announced BFP's today. A second one in less than 9 months for one cousin (perfectly planned and executed to be 1 year and 1/2 apart) and the first BFP for his 36 cousin who is getting married in Feb. I don't know what has happened to me that other people's BFP's make me cry. I didn't ever used to be like this. I think we are the last in his family chain not to be preggers...............

Sorry Angelblue-I have heard that zinc, Vit. C, folic acid for men, and E are very helpful. Also have heard of supplements called fertilaid for men, prexeed, wellmans and others. Also maca is supposed to super increase not only sperm, but libido. (ha ha I snuck liquid extract Maca into DH's iced tea!!!!!).

I think it is smart to plan ahead. If only my DH had done so.

Sorry all that I have been so down lately and lost all PMA. BFNs and AF is so hard to deal with typically but being pushed into year TWO of TTC #1 I guess has just taken a toll the last few days. It seems all I want is baby and can't have one.

:hugs: Titi. No need to apologise.
I'm very impressed that you got Maca into his drink! Good for you.
xxx

BFN this morning. If anyone knows what is wrong with me please share.
(I may be getting crampy)

Titi, I'm already getting teary and this is only my 5th cycle so please don't apologise. x

Fairygirl.. I used a cheapy today as didn't want to waste my FRER test and it was also a negative.

Would you ladies mind helping me with today's temp? I usually try and take it between 6.45 and 7.15 every morning however due to the anticipation of today's temp I kept waking up at stupid times in the morning. So I have 2 temps. I started to wake up at 4am and eventually thought I should temp so the first one was at 5.50am. I then managed to stop worrying and got another 2 1/2 hours in and took my temp again at 7.30 (so not far off when I normally temp). Do you know which one I should use. They are very different temps and I want to try and be as accurate as possible seeing as AF could show up at any point. Thanks in advance. xxx

Wish I could help F&C, I would say the earlier one if you didn't move, but that is my limited understanding.

Titi, I'm already getting teary and this is only my 5th cycle so please don't apologise. x

Fairygirl.. I used a cheapy today as didn't want to waste my FRER test and it was also a negative.

Would you ladies mind helping me with today's temp? I usually try and take it between 6.45 and 7.15 every morning however due to the anticipation of today's temp I kept waking up at stupid times in the morning. So I have 2 temps. I started to wake up at 4am and eventually thought I should temp so the first one was at 5.50am. I then managed to stop worrying and got another 2 1/2 hours in and took my temp again at 7.30 (so not far off when I normally temp). Do you know which one I should use. They are very different temps and I want to try and be as accurate as possible seeing as AF could show up at any point. Thanks in advance. xxx

Hi FnC. Don't get hung up on the "same time every day" issue. The important thing is to take your temp after 3 hours' continuous sleep as you need your resting temp - just being awake, thinking, turning over etc has an effect on this temp. Take your temp whenever you wake up during the night and then check the time and use whichever temp is after 3 hours' sleep. I've always found that there's only one usable temp. This is the way to do it as recommended by my acupuncture practitioner, who uses BBT to analayse my cycle and where my problems are (low progesterone, as shown by my post-ov temps being up-and-down and not rising high enough).
Abi x

Thanks Abster. Unfortunately both are probably unreliable then. I woke up a few times before I took my temp and looked at my phone to check the time. I tried going back to sleep hoping I would sleep quite a bit longer but no luck. Hey ho. Will just go with the lower temp (the earlier one) and see how it goes tomorrow. x

Titi, lovely, I know exactly what you mean. It physically hurts when someone announces a pregnancy, especially if they seem to have timed it to the minute, so of course you're upset. :hugs::hugs:
Well done for being devious - what else can you slip into his food?! By the way, I am impressed that he's cut back on burgers and fries so much. Did you say he's drinking orange juice as well? Going commando is quite impressive too :haha:

Angelblue, I have my OH taking zinc and vitamin E. He also eats whatever I give him in the way of our normal diet:lots of veg and fruit, tofu, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, orange juice etc. (Lots of OJ between CD7 & 17)

Off the top of my head, folic acid & selenium are very good too. Check out the Increase your Fertiltiy CHances NAturally thread - tons of ideas.

Abi x

Good morning everyone.

So sorry girls about the BFNs. I am happy for BFPs here! (just not in real world-weird huh).

F&C-from as much as I can gather-despite the basic rules for BBT I hear everyone is different. Some people say that as long as they take their temps same time every day they are fine-others it doesn't matter as long as they have 3 hours sleep min. What is best is to write down both temps and the times and circumstances and pick the one you think is MOST likely the closest one. As you do this more cycles (although hopefully won't have to!) you can compare to last months and would have a better answer.

My temps definitely change depending on the time I take them-it seems like they go up a little bit each hour-Your second temp is prob. more accurate as it is closer to normal time and you had more rest. The first one you were probably rolling around an hour thinking about stuff. GL

off to work. bleh.

Thanks Titi. Actually my temps have been pretty consistent this cycle and the only times they've changed drastically is when I took them at different times or when I've been ill (annoyingly this happened when I ov-ed!!). I would like to think my 2nd temp is more accurate but the pessimistic part of me is telling me to be sensible and not just choose the higher temp cause it suits me!! Either way I guess I just need to be patient and wait for tomorrow's temp.

I think I'm waking up early as I don't want to set my alarm and wake my oh up. How do you ladies temp so accurately each morning? x

Does anyone know if migraines are a pregnancy symptom? I haven't had one in years and have just had the aura that precedes them for me. I think I might have caught it in time but I'm trying to figure out what caused it as normally it's pretty clear. x

I think headaches are a symptom, especially when you have a history of them. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->