Tinsel Tots 2009

Decided to use the higher temp in the end after reading what to do on FF. x

Titi - I know exactly what you mean about being happy for BFP's on here but not in the real world. I have had 4 announced to me this month and every time I feel sick and it's getting embarassing as I can't speak!! On here I love to see a BFP as it gives me hope!

Fairygirl I hope you get your BFP today hun & you to F&C!

I did something I hate last night without realising what Id done! My brother got married in July & I asked him and his wife the dreaded question "so when you having babies" I can't believe I said it!!! I want to slap people when they ask me that! I think it's because i'm worried that she will get a BFP before me (how bad is that I sound like such a bitch!) I just can't help it!!

Sorry for the ramble!!....

I got married in June along with 10 other of our friends. Already 4 of them are pregnant.. one of which only got married in October. It is upsetting. It's nice to be able to say that on here as you can't in real life. Every time we hear of someones BFP my hubbie and I make a naughty little comment to each other in private.. I guess it makes us laugh and releases the tension a bit. Obviously we are happy for them but we just want our BFP so badly. Luckily we've only had 'the question' once by an aunt but I think everyone else knew we wanted to try straight away so are leaving us be.

I've been meaning to ask.. how many cycles of well timed bd should I wait before getting help from our doctor? x

Well I think different doctors have different rules. I went to see one doc who said 2 years!!! I then saw another one and he said he would help us as we have been pregnant before (4years ago) and we havn't used anything since we got married 2 years ago (we used the pull out method). He was brill and said he understood how frustrating it is and he wanted to rule out any probs to help us relax. My test came back fine just waiting on my hubby's.

Mt friend at work tried for months but told the dr she had been ttc for a year so I think you can stretch the truth.

The first tests they do are just bloods to check hormone levels and a sperm count test so they can tell quite alot.

Well we've been trying since 1st July but only been charting for one cycle. I'm in my 30s so I don't want to leave it too late. x

I would go see your Dr hun in the new year. We started properly ttc 1st June and like I said they were very understanding. I think it's good for peace of mind. I stopped charting and temping I found the stress made me anxious and that doesn't help ttc.

I think the worst part is the shock. I am honestly gob smacked that we aern't pregnant yet I really thought it would happen in June! Last time we fell pregnant by accident so I presumed we were really fertile! obviously not! x

I just assumed it would happen in the first few months. We didn't try and time our bd-ing or anything though.. I didn't even know you had to!!! .. so that may be where we went wrong. We are trying to stay positive and are thinking that we have only tried to time it correctly twice now and the first time we think we missed my ov date. The only problem is that I've only just gone to the drs for a pre-pregnancy chat so they might just laugh in my face if I turn up only a month later. I told them how long we've been trying but she thinks the pill has only just left my system. x

Yeah that might be a bit soon to go maybe give it a while longer. I find it difficult to knw what to do for the best. My hubby doesn't like the pressure of knowing it is ov and having to bd but and my cycle is so different every month that I think I missed it a few times. DH thinks I read too much and we should just go with the flow but I honestly feel I might crack up if it takes much longer! I'm still not sure how many times I should bd or when exactly is the best time as I everything I read says something different!!

Anyway hun your still in for this month aern't you? you might still get BFP! xx

I am but have been getting BFNs :(

I have my oh on my side at the moment but I'm so worried he's going to get fed up with all this planning and say the same as your oh. The trouble is normally we wouldn't bd much so we have to make the extra effort around ov. x

I know I think I have pushed my hubby to the limits! He desperately wants a baby but I have driven him mad with my tears every month and he couldn't get his head around taking my temperature everyday! Bless him! He is very patient though but he wants it to "just happen" without having to make it to mechanical! But I just think that will make it take longer! I think it is harder for women ttc x

I agree hun,

My Dh pulls a face whenever I mention something to do with ttc. He is 'cutting' down on alcohol yet sat here with a glass of red wine. No matter how much I tell him it just doesn't work.

Got cramps above my right side. Have had this since I have come off the pill every month. I think it is OV, but all my charts say that it is too early. I had :sex: yesterday.
I know :spermy: has to be there when you OV so is it too late to have :sex: again?

Very confused. x

FnC & Ava

You gals have pretty much hashed out the questions you've been asked. :thumbup: But I will give you my experience anywayz :haha:
I've been ttc for 16 cycles now, about a year and 3 months. First 2-3 months we "tried" but it was untimed, and willy-nilly. (we thought it would just happen... HA!)
I found this site after getting a :bfp: and spotting. I wondered if it was normal, or if I was not going to keep pg, and asked the question here only to find out that I probablly had a chemical, and was having a normal af.
So there's chem 1.
Next month, I started keeping track of when we BD'd, CP, CM Etc on FF and got another chemical. :dohh:
The third month of officially TTC and charting and such I got a BFP. Now that I look back at my temps, I should have known something was wrong, but becasue I was so new to TTC, I didn't know any different. At 7 weeks I had a ruptured EP and was hospitialized.
I was told to rest up and let my body recoup from it for 3 months, and started ttc again in April.
I decided to not test until I was late again. I really didn't want the worry of a chemical or EP, nor did I want to waste a test.
I took a few months off of trying hard, and went back to a lazie faire attitude, but found I have more of a OCD personality and like temping and charting, so I have since gone back to it.

My DH originally was the one who knew we should "time" our BD, and that we only had a small window to do so. I had no clue!:shrug:
So after he told me that I found out all I could about CP CM OV BBT OPKs etc etc etc...Well when I tried to tell him all i've learned- he was like TMI!!:dohh:
He wanted to "let it happen on it's own." So I proceeded to just temp, and chart for my own purposes. I know when I am about to OV and I just get friskier with him around those times. If he didn't want to DTD, I left it alone (though got very upset and harbored ill will at him)
Just recently he told me he wanted me to let him know when the best times were to DTD.
He even asked me a few days ago how long it should be between his "releases" which thanks to Titi's drs info should be less than 5 days.:thumbup:
We've done alot in our year of ttc. EOD, Every day, more than once a day every day... It just baffels me why it hasn't happened yet :shrug:

Over here we are on Private insurance so FS is VERY expensive. I've been told most Drs like couples to TTC for 1 year before any intervention, so that's what we did.
Just recently I went to my OBGYN to talk to her about pre af spotting, and got prescribed Progesterone. We would like to get a SA and I would really like to get a HCG (because of my EP I think I may be blocked now.) But we just can not afford it ATM.
So if you can fib, and get in for FS testing before a year is up- Do it. Get a jump on it!

Sorry about the rant. I just want to let you know that you are defo not alone with how you are feeling and the questions you have. :hugs:

nope not too late to get some more up there. A pain can indicate ov is imminent, or happening. So heres to hoping OV is a day or two away! Get :Sex: girlie!

Hi premomt,

Do you think the state of your health can effect ttc? I keep getting mouth ulcers & colds? xx

Thanks Premont that is so helpful. I had no idea about the chemicals etc that you've had and so many in such a short space of time. x

The reason I asked the question is that I read on FF that if you don't conceive after a couple of well timed cycles then you should seek help which surprised me a little. I was under the impression that it should be more like 5 cycles just to be average.

x

Ava~ yea your state of health can defo affect ttc. Many ladies who are overweight have big probs ttc because of that. Anything systemic can affect TTC. Then again you can see crackheads get pg and go full term. :shrug: IMO it's best to start locally looking for the problem ( AF cycles, Sperm count, uterine condition etc) and that will lead you down the paths that may follow (improper hormone levels, blockages etc)
But as Abster has said over and over, there are many ways to improve your chances of TTC with natural remedies so why not exhaust them before getting to a FS?

FnC that's what this board is for! to ask anything and everything! I have learned SOOOOOOOOO much just by asking!

thanks hun, I have had bloods done and just waiting on my DH's sperm sample to come back as mine were fine. I think I need to take better care of myself.

thanks for your advice xxx

I know I need to. :shy: its just so much easier to be unhealthy.
I know I should excercise, I know I should eat more fruits and veggies... But chips, ice cream and loafing on the sofa are so much more appealing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->