Tinsel Tots 2009

Hey girls, why not try traditional chinese medicine? If you think you might be interested, or you need convincing, check out my TCM thread (The really interesting TCM thread) and see how we're being treated and what results we're getting. I recommend getting Randine Lewis's book, The Infertility Cure. She explains eastern medicine's approach to and treatment for infertility (acupuncture, herbs, diet) and also the approach of western medicine. She trained in both. The book is a revelation and has a fantastic questionnaire which helps you to diagnose any problems you might have and gives you a heads-up as to what kind of treatment to expect if you go for it. Also gives a hell of a lot of dietary advice. The clinic I go to has helped 2 of my friends conceive and has a reputation for helping with fertility issues. Acu is wonderful. I can't recommend the book and TCM highly enough. Even if you're not convinced get hold of the book.
I promise I'm not Randine Lewis!!nI just want everybody to at least know about TCM because I think it could help most people.
Abi x

Thanks Abster. I'm just a bit worried about the cost of it all. I might try acu fairly soon as my neighbour has just become qualified but at £40 a pop + extra for the herbs, I think I would be broke after only a couple of sessions. Obviously I'll have to re-evaluate the situation in a few months. x

Right I've spoken to my Mum. She told me she had phantom pregnancies and I should stop thinking about babies until AF shows. She said testing at CD35 was silly and you should only do it at CD42. So girlies I am taking my BFN seriously and I have sent an invite to AF to come and see me. Sorry, I know she was banned, but I need my sanity.

I want to start TTC 2010. Now lets go find something sparkly to put in my sig.

abster~ Thanks for that book title. I checked it out on Google books. It talks alot in a language i can understand (I am a Massage Therapist and I have a lot of books about Shiatsu that talk maridians, and qi and such.) I think That would be a good book for me to pick up.
I am going to hop on over to your TCM thread too. Can you post a link?

Thanks Titi. Actually my temps have been pretty consistent this cycle and the only times they've changed drastically is when I took them at different times or when I've been ill (annoyingly this happened when I ov-ed!!). I would like to think my 2nd temp is more accurate but the pessimistic part of me is telling me to be sensible and not just choose the higher temp cause it suits me!! Either way I guess I just need to be patient and wait for tomorrow's temp.

I think I'm waking up early as I don't want to set my alarm and wake my oh up. How do you ladies temp so accurately each morning? x

Well, F&C-I said to go with second one and wasn't bias about it so you can go with it not just because it suits you :thumbup: : )

I set my alarm for 6:00 EVERY morning weekends included and take temp as soon as I wake up. The beeping didn't bother DH he can sleep through anything. But I have been sleeping in another room last 3 weeks as we have a puppy with pnemonia and one of my other dogs wants to eat her as it is so we are having to keep separated. Sigh. That is why my temps used to be so accurate. Puppy's waking me up a LOT during the night and I don't think I'm ever getting the full 3 hours in but have been able to be consistent about time and my temps matched up very closely with last cycle which I had great sleep-so I think everyone might be a little different.

Hi Girls-
I enjoyed reading your posts when I got home today. Ava & F&C-thanks for sharing that I'm not the only one who gets BFP envy (and snide with DH)-I felt like a jealous hag! I've always been really happy for others good fortune so this has come as a shock to me. DH took me out for the monthly condolence dinner Fri. when I started spotting/AF and we saw a pg lady at Target afterwards (and after a little wine) and she was rubbing her belly and I almost burst into tears. Then we talked about a recent cousin's BFP together too. Now not only am I not normally like this but DH never liked to gossip-it's getting to both of us.

I can really relate to thinking we were automatically going to get preg. right away-it's true it is a shock not to. We used "pull out" too for 2 years and then when we started trying we "timed it". Then we "relaxed" a few months and also took TWO second honeymoons to the caribbean trying to "relax" more and not think about it. Then we started charting. DH also hopes sometimes it will "just happen" and didn't want to "stress out" about it too much but now I think he is getting desparate as I am. I know he really wants baby but I think he also wants me to stop being this weird TTC driven emotional :wacko: too!

Oh-and F&C I'm in my thirties too so I know what you mean. But everything I have been told is that it is "normal" to get preg. within 6 months for under 30 and then over thirty they say a within a year is "typical". So b/c we are older we gave it the full year. Now we've had a few tests and wondering what to do from here since Premomt is right-it is very costly in the states for this stuff.

Okay sorry so long and esp. for all the " ".

Titi, you are allowed to be jealous of other people. It's human nature. And it's good to get it out and talk to your oh about it so that you don't keep it in. Well remember if it's 'average' for over 30s to get pregnant around a year that means that quite a few people take longer so hopefully you are due your BFP soon. I'm early 30s and we've been trying since July so FX it is our time soon.

Now after saying that I feel a bit bad as I need all your help AGAIN! Well I used a FRER today and I have a super super faint 2nd line. It's REALLY faint. Do you think it could be an evap line?

ooh F&C that sounds hopeful! I have no idea about evap lines i'm afraid. I thought any line was a good line! It might be darker tomorrow you read on here quite a bit that people start with a faint line.

Why don't you try the clear blue test that say "pregnant" I much prefer them the lines make me nervous! x

Sorry Titi I've just seen your first post. Your poor little pup!! I'm so impressed though that you are sleeping next to it every night for 3 weeks. xx

Ava.. Are the ones that say pregnant as sensitive as the FRERs? I might go out and get some today. I don't feel pregnant and the sensible part of me is just telling me I'm being stupid. My oh has seen the line as well but he also commented on how faint it is. x

I'm not sure if there as sensitive but you are on cd 28 so they should show up. I really hate frer ones I have had a nightmare in the past with them and I dont trust them however people on here rave about them. If I were you I would get some and do another test first thing in the morning. It should give you an answer then either way.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you that it is a BFP!! xx

Thanks Ava! I'm going to go out and get some more tests today ready for tomorrow. I really hope it's not just the test playing tricks on me. I had the pregnant tests last cycle and I hated getting the 'not pregnant' every time. It was like it was rubbing it in my face. I am so scared it's going to say that again when we've got our hopes up. x

F&C, I checked online myself and the CB Digi conception indicator are as sensitive as FRER. I hope you get a good result. xx

Hi F&C-WOW! That sounds really hopeful!!! I think from what I have heard EVAP lines go away straight after-you are only 12 dpo so that might be just time for faint line-I too hear alot of people getting faint lines that grow darker with bfp! I don't want to get your hopes up but in all my life I have never had a second line ever-faint or otherwise!

I really hope you are right Titi. I'm trying to stay calm and level headed until I get more of a result. Thanks for your support. x

Hi F&C...didn't want to read and run! It sounds VERY promising....good luck and fingers crossed for you! Definitely do another test and let us know! I'm on the edge of my seat...:thumbup:

HEY EVERYONE :D time to dance :dance: lol.

i havent been online since i sent that message on here saying i was taking time out from the website. i wanted to find out what was wrong with me before i came back and i have some news. i went for a blood pregnancy test on 14th and got my results this morning. its positive. my doctor wanted me to do a urine sample there to confirm it and i got my :bfp: :happydance: im so happy. we worked it out that im roughly 9 weeks gone. :wohoo: 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS.....can you believe it haha. this is the best christmas present we could wish for.

heres the picture my OH took of the test whilst i was holding it.

https://i.imagehost.org/0834/P23-12-09_08_37_1.jpg

we are both so excited and cant believe we got our tinsel tot. i have my first midwife appointment on 29th so i will find out more when i see her. :) sorry if i have missed alot.....hope you are all ok. :D xxx

That's amazing Angelmyky! Was it the result you expected? X x x x

thank you fairgirl. yes we have been trying for about 5 months now. im so happy. :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->