TMI - mild diarrhea = labor?

EffyM

Reaction score
good morning~

i have not changed anything i have eaten lately so i dont believe it to be "food related" in that sense or food poisoning... however...

i have had a FEW bouts of mild diarrehea last night thru to this morning... nothing painful or (TMI) "explosive" by anymeans...

could this be a sign that labor is on its way soon?? has anyone else had this be a sign...

I will have completed my 37th week as of tomorrow...

someone people say it is. i had it at 37 wks and im still preg :(

Funny you mention this, I'm 35+3 today and have also been experiencing this since early yesterday (about 8 times). Positive it's nothing I've eaten and I don't feel sick or anything like that.
I've just been reading online and a lot of people are saying they experienced it before labor while others are saying they had it for the last month or so of their pregnancy so who knows lol

Ggrrreeeeaaaatttt .... Another one of those things that don't really mean anything lol

I had my sweep on friday, in the afternoon I went to loo 4/5 times, really loose/runny, I thought 'Wooohoooooo, it's worked!'. But 3 days later, I'm still here.

I think its just baby getting heavy and moving down and pressing on things tbh :(

ok i found an actual article that makes sense... it is too large itself but below is a paragraph or two that could help... if you want to read the entiere article you can find it at https://www.hemorrhoidinformationcenter.com/pregnancy-and-diarrhea/

How Diarrhea Effects Pregnancy
Diarrhea usually will not harm the developing baby because whatever is causing the loose stool in the digestive tract is separate from the reproductive system. Remember most cases are mild and will improve on their own. However, there is the risk of severe dehydration from the diarrhea which can affect the baby. When there is not enough fluid in the body, internal organs are deprived of blood, and this can led to rapidly-developing shock. So seek emergency medical attention if you experience any of the following symptoms along with the diarrhea:

■Excessive thirst
■Dry mouth
■Little or no urine (or dark yellow urine)
■Decreased tears
■Severe weakness or lethargy
■Dizziness or lightheadedness.
If you have experienced loose stools and it suddenly becomes watery as you start to feel better, it may actually be a sign that you are getting better, and it is nature’s way of clearing out the digestive system. In late pregnancy, diarrhea can be a sign that labor is about to start. Prostaglandins are hormone-like substances secreted in the body which bring on the loose stools to clear out the digestive tract for the birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->