To test or not to test??

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So let me explain as briefly as I can everything thats going on.

Been TTC for 16 months now, I hadn't had a period since September 2010 so the doc has run blood tests, checking my hormones ( results normal) and so a couple of weeks ago I went for an ultra sound to check for PCOS - I haven't spoken to the doctor yet but the sonographer said everything looked normal. Anyways, the night before I went for ultrasound I started light bleeding, but it had stopped by the next again day.... then....a few days after the ultrasound I ended up with a light period for about a week. Ever since the light bleeding I have been having really bad dizzy spells, its happening a few times every hour, plus my boobs are killing me and i'm running to the toilet constantly!! So, despite the fact my "period" only finished about a week ago (give or take), is it worth doing a test or is it just silly to even consider it? I am starting to wonder if it was even a real period... :shrug:

Hope all that made sense...

Thanks Lisa x

I couldn't tell you sarina, I hadn't had a period for six months so I had given up on opk, or temping, didn't see much point when nothing was happening. :(

oh okay im sorry to hear that....maybe test and see what happens if its neg wait a week or two and test again..maybe that was your period because the beginning of this month i had a really light period...

Thanks Sarina, I;m just wondering if I should maybe just wait and see the doctor, i dunno. Maybe I should wait a week of two the take a test. :(

yeah i would maybe wait cuz it would be too early i think to tellif you were preg or not but i could be completely wrong...lol good luck tho :dust:

I have no idea what to tell you...I think it might be too early to tell if you were preggers, but it's hard to say b/c you don't know when you o'd! I guess if you can, wait to see the doctor, but I know if it were me, I probably wouldn't! haha! I'm such a filthy hypocrite!

Ok, the way i'm looking at this is i'm wondering given how light the bleeding was (i'm normally quite heavy, sorry TMI) that in actual fact it wasn't a proper period and was more like decidual bleeding, therefore it wouldn't be too soon to test as it'd mean i've been having pregnancy symptoms for about 2 -3 week...if that makes sense. sorry maybe i'm not explaining myself very well. :( x

Test!!!! You could have had implantation bleeding instead ...

Unable to sleep due to hubby's obsession about having heating on has made the house unbearably hot :growlmad: so been thinking about it and I am running hubbby to work first thing in the morning and I am going to buy a test when I am out and take one... it can't hurt to test so I may as well take one. I know its unlikely to come back positive but I am totally lost with what's going on with my body :blush:

Well I decided not to test and wait and see my doctor. Still not keeping too well, dizziness, heartburn, really sore chest, extra tired etc, not sure what's going on with me. :(

Going to call and make an appointment tomorrow, hopefully get one for next week. I have lots of pregnancy symptoms, but i have to say, my gut feeling is that i am not pregnant which is why i decided not to test, i have 6 tests sitting so if i change my mind I can take one but i doubt i will. :( . Have to admit i'm feeling really pessimistic about things at the moment. everyone around me has just recently had babies and DH and I have been trying for 17 months now. Sorry, hate to post a depressing post, just in one of those moods tonight i suppose. :( x

What will it hurt to just take a cheapie test and see? Are you worried about getting upset over a BFN?

LOL I don't have a cheapie test, however thats not why I had decided not to take one, I just couldn't face a BFN. however i was feeling a bit stronger today so i took one this morning and it was BFN. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->