To test or not to test??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Lisa2701, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Lisa2701

Lisa2701 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

So let me explain as briefly as I can everything thats going on.

Been TTC for 16 months now, I hadn't had a period since September 2010 so the doc has run blood tests, checking my hormones ( results normal) and so a couple of weeks ago I went for an ultra sound to check for PCOS - I haven't spoken to the doctor yet but the sonographer said everything looked normal. Anyways, the night before I went for ultrasound I started light bleeding, but it had stopped by the next again day.... then....a few days after the ultrasound I ended up with a light period for about a week. Ever since the light bleeding I have been having really bad dizzy spells, its happening a few times every hour, plus my boobs are killing me and i'm running to the toilet constantly!! So, despite the fact my "period" only finished about a week ago (give or take), is it worth doing a test or is it just silly to even consider it? I am starting to wonder if it was even a real period... :shrug:

Hope all that made sense...

Thanks Lisa x

2. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

hmm im not too sure have you ovulated?

3. Lisa2701

I couldn't tell you sarina, I hadn't had a period for six months so I had given up on opk, or temping, didn't see much point when nothing was happening. :(

4. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

oh okay im sorry to hear that....maybe test and see what happens if its neg wait a week or two and test again..maybe that was your period because the beginning of this month i had a really light period...

5. Lisa2701

Thanks Sarina, I;m just wondering if I should maybe just wait and see the doctor, i dunno. Maybe I should wait a week of two the take a test. :(

6. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

yeah i would maybe wait cuz it would be too early i think to tellif you were preg or not but i could be completely wrong...lol good luck tho :dust:

7. Lisa2701

8. Cleo

Cleo Happy mom to F & L!

I have no idea what to tell you...I think it might be too early to tell if you were preggers, but it's hard to say b/c you don't know when you o'd! I guess if you can, wait to see the doctor, but I know if it were me, I probably wouldn't! haha! I'm such a filthy hypocrite!

9. Lisa2701

Ok, the way i'm looking at this is i'm wondering given how light the bleeding was (i'm normally quite heavy, sorry TMI) that in actual fact it wasn't a proper period and was more like decidual bleeding, therefore it wouldn't be too soon to test as it'd mean i've been having pregnancy symptoms for about 2 -3 week...if that makes sense. sorry maybe i'm not explaining myself very well. :( x

10. KendraNoell

KendraNoell Mother to Jackson :)

Test!!!! You could have had implantation bleeding instead ...

11. I second what KendraNoell says!

12. Lisa2701

Unable to sleep due to hubby's obsession about having heating on has made the house unbearably hot :growlmad: so been thinking about it and I am running hubbby to work first thing in the morning and I am going to buy a test when I am out and take one... it can't hurt to test so I may as well take one. I know its unlikely to come back positive but I am totally lost with what's going on with my body :blush:

13. Lisa2701

Well I decided not to test and wait and see my doctor. Still not keeping too well, dizziness, heartburn, really sore chest, extra tired etc, not sure what's going on with me. :(

14. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

awwwwww im sorry when are you going to go see your doctor

15. You do definitely sound pregnant though!!

16. Lisa2701

Going to call and make an appointment tomorrow, hopefully get one for next week. I have lots of pregnancy symptoms, but i have to say, my gut feeling is that i am not pregnant which is why i decided not to test, i have 6 tests sitting so if i change my mind I can take one but i doubt i will. :( . Have to admit i'm feeling really pessimistic about things at the moment. everyone around me has just recently had babies and DH and I have been trying for 17 months now. Sorry, hate to post a depressing post, just in one of those moods tonight i suppose. :( x

17. KendraNoell

KendraNoell Mother to Jackson :)

What will it hurt to just take a cheapie test and see? Are you worried about getting upset over a BFN?

18. Lisa2701

LOL I don't have a cheapie test, however thats not why I had decided not to take one, I just couldn't face a BFN. however i was feeling a bit stronger today so i took one this morning and it was BFN. :(