To the Pregnant Ladies that Already Have LO's

M

mom-on-8/2009

What's it like to be pregnant and already have children? How is it different than just being pregnant? I bet it's harder, especially when a toddler wants picked up or something like that. I bet it's also fun when they play with your bump and talk to the baby inside.

I'm trying to decide if we'd want another one. (We always wanted two, but, if my next pregnancy is like this one, who knows?) We were thinking of just cutting it at this one and adopting one, or having one more than adopting one. I'm trying to do a bit of research to make my choice, and personal experience is always a good part of it.

I also know my next pregnancy can be different, but I have no guarantee it won't be the same, either.

We both love our little boy that's on his way, we just think it'd be difficult for me to be at home with him and be pregnant with another like this.

Thanks!

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a mean mom or a bad mom. I just want to look out for what's in the best interest of my family.

The more you have definitly the harder it is, you have to get up and deal with them no matter what mood or how sick you feel, they dont understand when you feel like shit and find everything hard work! they also make lots of mess so i find everyday is filled with jobs to do, this is number 3 for me though and ive had big gaps between all mine, having said all that it will be worth it in the end, you may well find you see everything a lot clearer after you have given birth hun xx

I pretty much agree with everything said above, its definately harder being pregnant and having other children to look after, especially when your feeling crap but its worth it in the end.

It is hard when you have more but it is worth it, my older dd's help me out loads which is good cause some days dont know what i'd do without them. I think the time will tell with me if bubs comes early and after having another c-section cause my youngest will only be 3.xxx

i have a 6yr old (who has ADHD - very hard work) and a 3yr old, and i am pregnant with number 3.

luckily the boys are old enough to look after themselves abit and dont need me to do everything. they understand if i say they will have to play on own or with each other. eldest can be very demanding at times but we have told him, mummy has has a baby growing in her tummy and he is going to be a big brother again and therefore needs to look after his lil bro and baby when it gets here.

i wouldnt have wanted them closer together though. my best mate has 2 girls 11months apart and she has said although she wouldnt change them it was very hard when they were small.

I'm pregnant with #4!
It's definately alot harder, no matter how crap you feel, they gotta be looked after. It's definately exhausting, I don't drive, so I have to do the school runs....not good.
Mess, temper tantrums, fighting, arguing.....
but they my babies and worth every headache xx

This is number 4 and a lot harder and more stressfull and when doc says bedrest i nod but think what the hell is that x

This will be my third boy and yes as the other ladies said they don't understand if you feel sick,tired etc

It is physically harder but I love the way theyget excited over their new brother and my youngest hugs my bump and kisses it :)

This is my 5th baby so I guess I have enough experience to answer this question:rofl:.

I think it depends on what your support system looks like and how far apart the pregnancies are.

My first two kids are 17 mos apart. It took us a little while to conceive #1 and we worked hard at it so we figured there was no way we would conceive again if i was breastfeeding. WRONG!!!! When #1 was 9 months old I found out I was pregnant again. I would say that was my most difficult experience of being pregnant while having an LO. My LO was still in diapers and needed a whole lot done for him. I felt extra tired and when I was sick I was really miserable. Looking back the beginning was intense but those siblings are the best of friends now because of their closeness in age. So I don't regret it at all.

It took us 2+ years of active trying to get #3. #2 is 4 years older. By the time I was pregnant that time my older two LOs were doing a lot for themselves. They were simple to feed--of course I've trained my kids to be obedient and well behaved--that helps too. I was sick for 7 straight month with hyperemisis and then bad heartburn. I didn't eat normally until after the delivery. My LOs were not a burden at all--in fact I would have probably died of depression without them.

#4 I had a textbook pregnancy and the LOs were even older--no problem.

This time I think my pregnancy is better than it was when I had no kids. My oldest kids know how to cook breakfast and lunch. They do chores well. i could actually lay in bed until dinner time and the home ran smoothly. I'm over the morning sickness now and they all treat me like I can go ahead and take it easy. My husband is really supportive and involved--that helps too. I love it.

My advice to you would be to wait until your LO is at least 4 years old before getting pregnant again. The older your LO is the more each pregnancy seems like a childless one. You'll still have to interact with your LO but you won't be changing diapers, having to lift them, dress them etc. Older kids are easier for other people to babysit too. It will also have been so long since your first pregnancy, that you just may have the courage to do it again.

:hug:

Hi Friend,

Here you are pregnant and already have children? it is quite different in the compare of first pregnancy , I bet it's not harder than another, especially when you are strong. I bet it's also fun when they play with your bump and talk to the baby inside.

Thanks and Take Care,

i have 3 other children. 9,6,and 2 years...

im 27 weeks and so far it hasnt been that bad. Maybe because you learn to manage and ive forgotten what its like to not have children now.
I have wonderful support from my husband. so i think this is how it works so well for us.
My husband works long hours 6am-6pm. but its just routine now.
Somedays i do feel like crap and just wish i could lay there and not do anything.. some thing when im not pregnant tho and feel really ill.

with regards to the children, the older 2 like getting invoved with baby things. the simple things like asking them what they think on these type of clothes or getting them to pick things for baby. especially my oldest likes to know and feel when baby kicks.

i suppose i do reply on the kids helping out, with little jobs like packing there toys away. but this is normal stuff in our house but its more of a help now im pregnant and having to reach down there with a big bump.

i think it depends on how old your child will be when you have another baby.

We decided to wait until LO was at least 2 to TTC. It took us 10 months to conceive this one so he is almost 3 now. My biggest hurddle now is potty training. I have had bad MS and it makes it hard to get off the counch and be productive some days. I also babysit my neice who is the same age as my son so they play and help me out a ton. There is no way I am having another one unless they are 3-4 years apart.

My daughter is too young to understand anything yet.. But I'm excited for when baby is born, how she will be with them.
However, when I was pregnant with Erica, I was so sick, I didn't get out of bed a lot of days. I was constantly exhausted, and just didn't want to do much. In the beginning this pregnancy started out that way, and it kinda was like... Deal with it. I couldn't stay in bed all day. When I'm exhausted, I deal with it. Luckily DH is super supportive, but its not easy. I get shit from MIL if I dont seem at my best, sometimes I feel like hiding in my covers lol.. But you just do what you need to do, and try to have a smile on your face. Its probably difficult for me to because after having Erica, I decided to go back to school, so that is draining.. But its all worth it in the end, and I will have another amazing little miracle. Mothers are like programmed to deal with things. Look at all of the amazing single mothers who take care of their children on their own. I dont know how these ladies do it, because sometimes I'm going crazy with DH helping! Mothers always just do what they have to do... Oh and you know how with your first pregnancy, your DH and everyone around you always wants to know how your feeling, if there is anything they can do to make you more comfortable? That never really happens with your following pregnancies.

Anyway, sorry for going on.. But yea its definitely harder. But worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->