To work or not to work?

We couldnt afford to pay for 2 in childcare til I am probabky in my 40's and I refuse to let my lo be an only child so I plan on getting what childcare help I can. Our lo atm is with grandparents so we dont claim anything but child benefit. There are countries where childcare is free unfortunately I dont live in one of those and yet I have worked my ass off all my working life so am gonna take the childcare help I can while my children will be in full time childcare for a couple of years and when they are in full time school I will change my hours to over 5 days while they are at school. It will just be the school holodays I dont have planned yet. Lol.

Glad you seemed to have sorted it out hun.

Xx

Even if 5 years time we wouldnt be able to afford the £1040 childcare bill for 2 children and I will be 35 then. And thats with us both working full time as we do and akways have. We would be about 200pm short and that would still leave without ANY money left for clothing, nappies etc. Lol.

This would be the point that even though I have worked all my working life pretty much that I would have no choice to give up work but thankfully the government are helping us who work with childcare costs.

Xx

Scary isnt it. Lol. I just hope the childcare help doesnt get pulled from under our feet over the next few years as I am in a job where I will be till I die and they want me to work there so to have to give that up but be terrible!

Xx

Scary isnt it. Lol. I just hope the childcare help doesnt get pulled from under our feet over the next few years as I am in a job where I will be till I die and they want me to work there so to have to give that up but be terrible!

Xx

yes childcare helps really does make a big difference to alot of ppls lives!!
hopefully it will stay as it is. Xx

my situation is that i want to go back 3 1/2 days a week which would mean i would earn about £900 per month, child care would be £480 per month, and petrol about £100
so looking at those numbers im spending 3 days away from my long wanted child for £300 a month, doesnt sound a lot and worth missing out on those moments with my baby

but if i make the decision to stay at home it means sacrificing my car, which i am prepared to do, and my husband would have to lose out on sky and going to rugby etc

i thought about it long and hard, and i feel that i want to go back to work as i want to work on promotion to get a bigger pay rise, i want to feel that when we have days out as a family i can say yes and ive contributed to it, i dont want my marriage to change because i want to stay at home all day, im hoping that we should get some tax credits to help with the child care but hubby earns quite well so not expecting too much

im going to go back and trial it for 6 months, if it doesnt work out financialy i can leave but at least ive not plummeted myself into unemployment without trying both options,

do you what you feel is right for you and our family, its going to be hard to get a mortgage without a job though

My friend at work has to pay for childcare (school club I think) over the school holidays so she spreads the cost of the total childcare over 12 months. So instead of paying out 2 weeks in full for example, she spreads the payments over the whole year so it's not such a big chunk at once.

When you crunch the numbers and it costs MORE for you to work, then there is no point in returning. While I love working, if it is going to cost more for me to work than not work (factoring in tax brackets, etc) I am just going to be a SAHM until my kid is old enough to be in school.

I don't get it. Your partner and father to your child can afford to save for a mortgage but you are struggling to pay bills and are debating getting more benefits??

Sorry if I'm wrong but how does that make sense?! I'm sure there are a lot if people that would love to buy but can't afford to pays bills and save so have to rent. You should not be getting benefits just so your partner can save to buy a house?! Benefits are for emergencyd for people who can't afford to feed themselves and bills!

You and your partner. Should be working together! And paying everything together? Why isn't he living with you?

Buying a house isn't a priority. It annoys me that my hard earned money goes to pay for people that abuse the system.
I rent me and my partner jointly have little income over after pay day and when my baby is born I will be working hours around my partner so we don't pay chikd care and still earn enough to pay bills food etc. we will miss out on family time to do this as it is not my right to claim benefits. And if we ever lost our jobs or became ill etc (hoping not) then I hope I cud have help as that is an emergency!

Why should I miss family time to work to pay for others to stay at home!! How is that fair for my kids?! (This excludes people who can't work)

Sorry rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"