Today I heard the name _________ & think it's __________.

today i heard the name Centaine and think it's GORGEOUS, but doubt i'd ever use it

Today i heard the names Irena & Eileena (not related luckily!)..... I think i kinda like Irena... although i wouldn't use it. But it def jumped out at me as a "striking" name!

Today I read the name Ireland and completely loved it, though doubt I'd ever use it...

Not today, but other week (and just remembered about it now) on the train I heard the names Faith, Skye, Rainbow, River, Tiger and Red (all siblings) and thought they're a bit too out there for me!!

Today i heard the names Irena & Eileena (not related luckily!)..... I think i kinda like Irena... although i wouldn't use it. But it def jumped out at me as a "striking" name!

Love Irena with the nn Irenie.

x

Yesterday I heard the name ELI (short for ELIJAH), and I couldn't believe that's the 2nd baby boy given that name & nickname in my circle of friends - not sure if I like it or not - just surprised 2 people I know chose it.

Today I saw the name Kayla and love it, I think it sounds lovely... just a shame OH isn't so sure about it!!

Today i heard the name Aliannah & think it's gorgeous!

We talked about this name... it was great until my OH is like, what will the middle name be? And I immediately said Aliannah... Oxenfree. :dohh:

Maybe not.

Any child with that name on a playground is gonna hear that one.

Today i heard the name Aliannah & think it's gorgeous!

We talked about this name... it was great until my OH is like, what will the middle name be? And I immediately said Aliannah... Oxenfree. :dohh:

Maybe not.

Any child with that name on a playground is gonna hear that one.

:haha: Lol... maybe, although that wouldn't have come to mind for me. Besides, it's "Olly olly oxen free" right? I think if the kids on the playground were gonna chant it, it would be directed at all the little Olivers... not sweet little Aly! :winkwink:

I feel like I contribute a lot to this thread. However, I work in a call-center and deal with the "general public" everyday. Therefore, I hear a lot of names. Sometimes they're "place names" and I like them.

Today I heard the names:
Isis
Iris
Cohen
Payson

and they caught my attention.

Cohen is apparently a suburb of Austin, TX (?) & Payson is a city outside of Phoenix, AZ.
I like them, but would probably never use them.

Iris & Isis were sisters, I would never do that to my daughters.

I also work with a guy named Felix... I really didnt like it in the beginning but the more I hear it, the less I dislike it. I would never name my son Felix though.

Today I heard the name: Shaquatonia and I thought, its different but I like it.

Today I heard the name Georgia and thought it was incredibly cute :)

I feel like I contribute a lot to this thread. However, I work in a call-center and deal with the "general public" everyday. Therefore, I hear a lot of names. Sometimes they're "place names" and I like them.

Today I heard the names:
Isis
Iris
Cohen
Payson

and they caught my attention.

Cohen is apparently a suburb of Austin, TX (?) & Payson is a city outside of Phoenix, AZ.
I like them, but would probably never use them.

Iris & Isis were sisters, I would never do that to my daughters.

I also work with a guy named Felix... I really didnt like it in the beginning but the more I hear it, the less I dislike it. I would never name my son Felix though.

I love Isis & Iris! :cloud9: (after the Bob Dylan & Goo Goo Dolls Songs)

OH's friend has just had his second little boy. His first is called Lord and the second is called Liam Lucifer :dohh: xx

I teach a girl called Angel...... and an angel she is not!!!!!:devil:

ps love this thread, it's not your usual 'I really like this do you' but it's the other side of it too. :thumbup:

I heard Axel on a Baby TV show..... I'm indifferent!

Isis and Iris remind me of Osiris which was an Egyptian Goddess.

To name your child after a Goddess is pretty cool.

I heard the name Vivian tonight... and remembered my mom working with a little old lady named Vivian when i was a kid....... I don't personally prefer older names...... but i'm surprised Vivian isn't more popular, since old fashioned names are "all the rage" right now!

Also, since Angelina Jolie named her daughter Vivienne.... i would just expect the name to be a bit more popular at the moment! (Yet i don't know any babies/kids with this name! :shrug:) "Vivi" is a cute nickname!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->