Together we're strong & ready to try again

Two parts from the book:

When I was trying to conceive, I never found a book about getting pregnant that was fun to read, like talking to a girlfriend who knows a lot but also laughs a lot. Trying to get pregnant is not just medical – it’s also psychological, social, and sexual. It involves an enormous amount of emotion, from anxiety and despair to hope and joy. Instead of cuddling after sex, you now put pillows under your butt and sit with your legs in the air like an upturned insect. Two weeks later, you're squinting furiously at something you just peed on, praying for a second line to appear, and feeling despondent when it doesn’t.

Books and websites by (usually male) fertility doctors can tell you about the latest tests, but there's a lot missing. How many of them have woken their husbands for morning sex because they thought they were ovulating? How many nervously peed on a stick at 5am because they couldn't wait any longer, or cried uncontrollably when their period came? Trying to get pregnant is very emotional and stressful because ultimately, it’s out of our control. If you're an Impatient Woman, this is extremely difficult, even if you've only been trying for a few months. As a psychologist, I share coping strategies based on the latest research. As a woman who has gone through the stress of trying to get pregnant three times (four if you count my early miscarriage), I've also experienced the strong emotions that no amount of training can prepare you for.

You also deserve the most accurate information possible. When I was first trying to get pregnant, I read everything I could in books and online. I analyze data and write journal articles in my day job as a researcher, so I turned next to research studies published in medical journals. Over and over, I discovered that what I had found online, in books, and even on the instruction sheets for ovulation predictor kits was wrong, half wrong, or from a questionable source. Finding the real information based on actual studies helped me get pregnant naturally fairly quickly – three times -- despite being over 35 and having some fertility issues. Yet much of this scientifically rigorous and very helpful research isn’t available where most women can find it. In The Impatient Woman’s Guide, I share this exciting information with you.

Many fertility books cover only part of the story. They discuss the physical aspects of getting pregnant without mentioning the emotional ones, detail one method of ovulation prediction but leave out other methods, or go into exhausting detail about what to eat before trying to get pregnant but not cover much else. Perhaps because I’m an Impatient Woman, I wished I could find one book with all of this stuff instead of having to read 10 or 15. The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant is that book.

That sounds like a great book!!

My wondfos were flukes! False positives. Oh well..

Smiler, I know exactly how you feel.. If we don't get pregnant this month, we have to wait until he gets all fixed up and better. Even though that's only a month or 2, after that he wants to avoid a holiday baby because everyone in the family except me all have birthdays during the fall/winter. So that turns into almost a 4-5 month break. I'm also switching insurance as of January unless I'm preggo and that would be really expensive. :( there's a lot of pressure this month and I'm trying to not let it get to me. I'm glad I have Emilia to keep me on my feet! You're not alone!

So how is everyone feeling? I have a confirmed ovulation and got my temp spike today :) praying for a Christmas Eve bfp!!

Good luck, @Amanda!!!!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

Good luck Amanda! I really think this is a lucky group! I've been feeling good. I haven't had MS but I've been tired, peeing a lot, heart burn, etc.

I also wanted to let you ladies know that I have officially graduated! I had a 2.33 GPA this semester which was terrible but hey I got my bachelors so i don't care haha.

Congratulations on your graduation Mel. That's a HUGE achievement. Well done :)

Kel x

Congrats Mel!! Two great Christmas presents for you!!

How is everyone doing? I can't believe it's almost Christmas! We had our first appointment with the fertility doctor yesterday and I feel soooo much better. They were very positive that things will be just fine.

Aww Natalie that is great news!! I am so happy they are optimistic and I know you will be a mom! Sooner than later I think :) keep positive!!

Afm I am currently 6dpo and my temps are remaining up I had a slight temp dip yesterday by about .20 degrees and today it has shot back up a bit which is reassuring. I don't want to get myself too hyped up like last cycle. I was sure I was preggo and I wasn't, when AF came I was devastated. So trying to relax and let nature take its course. Is everybody ready for Christmas?! :)

FX for you Amanda.
Congratulations Mel!

I haven't been around because I've been SO mad at my stupid body. I went through all my OPKs and I will not be buying any more. They're dumb. Checking my cervix works just fine for me thank you very much. I'm going with being 1dpo. I FINALLY ovulated (or at least my body showed signs of it) on CD26. DH and I are relieved we don't have to have sex for a couple weeks. We bded 15 of the last 21 days and I'm SO over it.

Thanks @Amanda! I am feeling much better about things, they were great. The Dr. I saw was so nice and helpful. Going to start our first round of testing on cycle day 3 in January! I hope hope hope you get your Christmas BFP!! That would be so amazing, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know what you mean about not wanting to be too hopeful. You're just being guarded and that's understandable and I think healthy too.

Aww @3minions. I know what you mean about feeling let down by your body. I was feeling the same with these recurring early losses. It's so frustrating and difficult. Take a little break, relax and I am sure it will make a huge difference.

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone. I hope Santa is good to you all! One more week until we kick this year to the curb. 2014 is a new beginning :)

AF showed up this morning :( nothing quite says Merry Christmas like a visit from the witch... Lost all hope now :'( I think my son will be an only child. I just can't do this anymore. Since my loss the heartbreak has become more and more devastating every month.

I'm so sorry. I know what you mean. It's really tough. Don't loose hope. Please don't! Be strong momma.

@Amanda, I am so sorry AF showed up today, not a very nice way to spend Christmas. I know you are hurting but they say you should never make decisions when you are upset. This is very painful but there is no reason why you will not have another child, it's just time. One of my very close friends went through 7 losses (she was diagnosed with blood clotting disorder) and went through agony and heartache for 3 years to have their first. She is having her little boy on January 8th. You will have another child, it's the journey to getting there might take a little longer. Hang in there, I hope you were able to have a nice day with your family.

I am feeling out this month to, sadly we only BD once this cycle because of work and we were both exhausted. I am about 6 days away from AF and I feel like she is going to come on with a vengence.

well I am 11 DPO and I tested this morning because I like to torture myself and BFN. I am pmsing so bad. I know it's a long shot this month, we only BD once before positive OPK and I think the day of O. I don't feel pregnant at all so preparing myself to move on. This time of the month is always the worst.

But good news is no early spotting, I seem to be right back on track after the loss in October. Suppose I should be happy about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->