Toys for boys aged around six

Beanbabe

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Is it just me or do other parents think there is a shortage of toys for boys around this age. I feel like all the toys are for an individual child and that there is very little that is available for a child to play with with his friends iykwim.

Everything seems to be geared towards collections - bakugan, beyblade, pokemon, lego etc etc but i think these "toys" are no good for group play.

Can anyone recommend any toys that they think would be good if my son brings friends home from school... something that they can all play with instead of look at. Santa's list will have to be made soon and im hoping to influence the choices :winkwink:

I think Lego is great for playing with friends....I have 3 boys (well 4 but the baby doesn't play lol) and they all play lego together. A bunch of different kind of balls are always a hit too, ones they can play kick ball or soccer with, baseball (though we use a tennis ball at home for it so things don't get broken). Moonsand or playdoh...though those are messy.

I am really stuggling with my little boys xmas list. I find alot of the stuff to old or too young for him :shrug:
He has lego so far :)

What about board games? There are some quite good ones if you search the toy shops. Thinks like,

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Games/Games/Tomy-Pop-Up-Pirate-Game(0027195)

or

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Games/Games/Operation-Game(0019196)

We used to love games like these as kids and they are great for boys and girls and can keep kids entertained for ages.

moon dough is good for groups its messy but super easy to clean up.

Now I know this suggestion will not be to everyones taste but my lad and his mates loved the Nerf guns. They are safe and get them running around the house and garden for hours.

Amazon do the Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10 for about £10.

oohhh we love the nurf guns we have mini wars lol kids love um.

Lego Duplo (Chunky lego for younger kids) is heaven in my house, my 6 year old loves it the most but the babies can play with it too. It's the only thing they don't get bored of :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->