Toys only in bedroom or kept throughout the home?

Saphira

Reaction score
My husband and I disagree on this so I thought I'd ask out of curiousity what you do. Do you only allow toys in your lo's room or do you have a place for them to be stored in the livingroom, for example, as well?

Most in bedroom and some in living room along with his own drawer of books in the living room. Id have more in the living room as this is where he is mostly but it's such a small area unfortunately x

We have a corner in the living room for toys too :). He can take toys anywhere so long as when he's done they all go back. I think when he gets his toy kitchen at Christmas I might have it in the living room seeing as he can't really move it about. x

We have a playroom & some of his toys are in his bedroom. He doeent ask to move toys out of thr those rooms, as the play room is huge separate room with a sofa, tv trampoline & most of his large toys. But if he wants to play with a toy in the living room I dont restrict it.

My flat is so small I have some in his room, and then a wood and wicker storage unit in the front room full of toys, when it's shut you can't tell it's got toys in it iykwim. When he gets his Xmas and birthday pressies I know his big garage will have to come back in the living room too to make space in his room.

My sister however has no toys in the living room, my nephews allowed a few toys out at a time and puts them away before bed.

Mostly in her room but she has one box of toys in the lounge plus a shelf for her books. Well thats the intention anyway, in reality they are everywhere until I can be arsed to tidy up. Oh and her cleaning set is in the hallway.

We don't have any toys in her room we have a couple of boxes in the living room and the rest in the conservatory x

We have toys everywhere! :wacko: I do try and tidy them into the storage we have in the living room at night though. She doesn't have many toys in her room, partly because I worry that she will be playing rather than sleeping but also because her room is on the top floor of our house so its too far away if I'm downstairs doing housework etc.

all of Darragh's are in the living room, except for his bed toys, but he's still very young and I wouldn't leave him unsupervised to play
When he's older, I think they'll be in both living room and bedroom. If not, they'll be mostly in the living room, I want to be able to play with him and interact. When I was growing up we never played in our bedrooms, always downstairs so I guess that's why I feel like that

There are toys in pretty much every room. :haha:

Her main play places/toy boxes are in her room and the living room.

His toys are all over the house, even in my bedroom. He carries them around all day and I generally just put them into toy boxes in each room after he goes to bed at night.

Seems like I am in the minority, but all the toys are kept in bedrooms. I bring stuff downstairs everyday for them to play with but at the end of the day it all goes back up. Our living room is small, and also, I like to have an adult 'zone' in the evenings when they're in bed!

Ours are mostly in the living room, LO has a toy box in which they get packed away when he isn't using them. In his bedroom he mostly just has his soft toy collection and a couple of toys he doesn't really use. He doesn't spend much time in his bedroom unless he's sleeping or breastfeeding so he doesn't really play in there much.

My DS is currently still in his 'baby room' with his crib, changing table, and closet, and there's barely room for anything else in there, so no toys (aside from the stuffed animals he sleeps with) are kept in his room. We have a corner in the living room where all the toys are kept and when we're home he plays with everything downstairs.

We will be moving DS to a 'big boy room' next month which will have twice as much space as what he has now, and we have a few new toys which we will put in his room (to hopefully keep him entertained in case he wakes up early and wants to get out of bed) but I think the rule will be that those toys need to stay in his room. Of course he'll probably want to bring toys from downstairs/the living room up to his bedroom as well but as long as his room stays reasonably clean I don't have any problem with that.

Just curious, but what's your stance vs your OH's?

We have toys everywhere. When we moved into this house I said the living room was going to be kept toy free as DS has a big bedroom and a playroom, that lasted about a day :dohh:.

Her toys are everywhere, every bathroom, the kitchen, living room, dining room, coming out of every drawer and cupboard throughout the house, the shed and garage....our bedroom is pretty much the only toy free zone, but then both girls bed share with me so even then I don't have an adult zone......and that's how I like it!

We are lucky enough to have a playroom, so the majority of toys are kept in there. Apart from that I keep a covered box in the corner of the living room for when we are in there, and one in our bedroom for when we are upstairs. Once the kids go to bed at 7 the toys are all tidied away into the playroom or those 2 toy boxes. I can't stand the house being full of toys all the time - I like my living room to feel like an adult room after they go to bed at night, plus I like to get up to a tidy house in the morning, otherwise I feel like I never get a break. I rotate the toys in the toy boxes to keep them interesting. Her bedroom only has toys in if she carries them in from the box in our bedroom, and they are taken out before bedtime otherwise she wouldn't sleep. :shrug:

No toys in his room, full of books tho.. It's only a small room and it's his calm sleeping place not for playing or he wouldn't sleep! Our front room has a toy box and a few larger toys, his toys are divided in to three, I store two boxes away and he has one a week, I rotate them helps keep his interest and not too much at once (tho there still seems to be!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->