Toys

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
My auntie complained yesterday that I wasn't carrying a toy for him but I was trying to tell her that he doesn't play with toys and that's why I didn't have one with me. I do try and get him to hold his rattle in the day but he just doesn't bother.
She says I should "Force" his hand to hold it, but I think this is a little cruel :S

Does your little ones play with small toys?

Yes, my one does, but definitely not at 2 months old. I certainly wouldn't force anything into the child's hand. Ryan has a good few toys but he loves playing with the pack of baby wipes - probably coz it makes a crinkly noise.

Jack will come around to it in his own time and then nothing within reach will be safe!

hey! people were saying the same thing to me! and of course i had the same response. but i went out and bought her some toys to hang on her car seat, and now she is interested in them! i dont know about forcing a baby to hold something, but your baby will take on to toys when he wants to!

Olivia loves her toys now but totally wsnt bothered at 2 months, He will start wanting to discover new things in his own time.

x

I have always carried a toy in my bag since Dec was born, but he never started to be interested in toys until he was about 3-4 months and I certainly would not have forced him to hold it at 2 months!!!! Do what you think is best for your LO if you want him to have a toy fair enough you could maybe hold it for him while he has a look or a feel.

summer has only really just become actually interested in her toys she will look and smile at the ones on her car seat and pushchair, but i think when your out and about they prefere to just look at whats going on, but she def wasnt interested in toys at that age!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->