Trying before AF?

Hey ladies - wanted to share the news that Lucy arrived on Saturday. She is healthy and beautiful and we are so in love! Totally worth the wait! She came into this world via c-section after 2 failed inductions and some late pregnancy complications.

Looks like I am the last one from this thread to finally have my baby!

Yay! Congrats Viets! Hope your enjoying your new little bundle! Can we have a pic?

Happy endings for everyone! :cloud9:

Well I ovulated at the exact 4 week mark of losing Hannah.. I told the doctor on the phone as we haven't ha our follow up yet and he didn't say anything about anything so I felt conflicted .. Dh felt conflicted too. But we Dtd the next day just incase it was a sign we were meant to get our rainbow baby immediatly. It's not super common to lose a baby at 26 weeks and ovulate on the 1 month mark of her loss so who knows... We see all the doctors, OB and high risk group this week.. Do I just tell them straight up like hey listen I ovulated we tried.. How risky was that of us? .. I just feel so empty :-(

This is a bit of an old thread so I am going to reply but don't feel sad if you don't get much of a response. I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. 26 weeks is so late in pregnancy, it's awful! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

As you can see most of us on here have had early losses so my advice might not be great. After early losses its normal to ovulate 4 weeks after, I think it's rare to ovulate that soon after giving birth ( I presume you had to labour and give birth with your Hannah?) but then I was doing some research into contraception after birth for myself and saw countless stories of women getting pregnant again before they even got a period and some as soon as 30 days after giving birth! So it must be possible!

Your worried about the risks, only a doctor can give you good advice with that but from what I understand the risks are more mental than physical. Obviously your loss is really fresh and being pregnant again can bring back memories and feelings that are hard to go through again. But in my opinion whatever happens being pregnant again is going to be a worrying time for you. But I know how you feel being empty that's why I wanted to start trying straight away.

The physical side of things, I think doctors suggest waiting till you get a period again so they can date the pregnancy and are happy that your cycles have returned and there are no complications. If you have ovulated again then that's a good sign your body is ready again. I'm a big believer that our bodies will only allow us to do what's right and I would have done the same as u. And finally, your body is yours, if you felt it was right to try again then only you can make the decision.

Maybe there is better advice in second or third trimester losses or new natal loss forums?? But I am always on here to lend an ear xx

Good luck Hun xx

Thank you for replying... I haven't gotten much response at in the secon trimester loss forums and such others. They seem to be more about the loss than trying again. Mentally I was worried through the whole pregnancy with Hannah and I know I will with the next but I will be in the care of the high risk group here at Yale which has some of the top doctors in the world caring for us. I think with the extra care maybe my mind will be at more ease. I'm already feeling so cautious.. I lifted a heavy box today an worried what if the egg is implanting!?!? Or maybe it's just left over worries.... Congrats on your rainbow baby. I really hope I can share good news in the near future.

Lifting a box won't affect anything, our bodies are made of tougher stuff than that! Try to relax.

How do you know you ovulated? Opk's? Or temps?

I'm glad you will get extra care next time, that will ease your mind. Even though they couldn't change the outcome sometimes just talking and having a doctor reassure you is what you need. Xx

I get a very precise pain when ovulating. It's like something is going to burst! I'm lucky to get the pain as it's what's always helped us conceive. When we were tryin to get preg last time the OPKS matched perfectly with the pain. My doctor said not everyone gets the pain but it's normal to have it. It's some weird German word for it I forget. I spotted light pink last night. Now my minds racing... I spotted a few days after ovulating with Hannah. Then again, I've spotted long before many AFs too :-/

Yeah I know about the pain. But just be aware that our bodies do weird things after birth. I had all kinds of weird pains. Just saying because you can get yuor hopes up when you want it so bad.

So when will you be testing? I hope you get yor BFP xx

Congrats Viet. should of posted on Emmy's journal. I'm keeping track of that :) Glad she came out safely though. I know sections aren't great.

Kerri28: I'm so sorry for you loss, but like Emmy said we've all had our babies now. I will however recommend https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/1826559-may-we-all-blessed-baby-may-2013-beyond-124-testers-65-bfps-so-far.html Hopeful lost her baby at 28 weeks, but is very supportive of everyone be it TTC or pregnant. Plus all the girls are great there.

I know this is very late, but congrats Viets!!! She is absolutely gorgeous <3

Thank you! We love our little gir! Couldn't be happier theses days!

How is Hayley doing? Hope all is well!

You're welcome <3 She is just precious <3 There is certainly nothing like being a mommy to a precious little one :) Nothing like it in the world!

I see you ventured over to my pregnancy/mommy journal :) But thanks for asking! She is doing fantastic and I LOVE being her mommy <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->