Trying before AF?

Congrats on the baby girl Mummy2o!!! Exciting!!!

AFM, for you ladies who didn't know, Hayley Judith was born on October 9 at 9:02pm at 27 and a half weeks and weighed 1lb 6oz due to severe preeclampsia. She is in the NICU and is thriving! She is 2 weeks old and on basically no support (except for some oxygen just for a "boost", she's breathing room air, and the incubator to keep her warm and the feeding tube until she can drink from a bottle). She is doing GREAT :) And is absolutely beautiful <3

Congrats Markswife. I'm sorry you had to delivery early (just read your journal for the first time) and that it came out of the blue. However, I'm so glad you got a happy ending and that she is doing great now. I have to say she is a little cutie pie :)

Thank you Mummy <3 She is such a baby doll and we love her SO much :) Can't wait until she's old enough to bring home!

Wow! SO much exciting news!

Mummy: so Glad you got your wish! Very exciting to be getting your girl!

Markswife: Wow, I had no idea you went into labor early, thanks for letting us know. It sounds like she is doing great... I hope you get to take her home soon!

AFM, We have decided to wait on the gender, and have it be a surprise at the end. We have been so busy... moved to a bigger apartment over the weekend, fights with insurance company that doesn't want to cover our birth, working a lot, my moms visit, a holiday to the north, Wheww! Can't wait for everything to just slow down for a bit!

The plan is to start getting into Baby Mode once our house is all unpacked and sorted. There is so much to prepare for!!!

I think waiting is nice. Do you have a gut instinct? I know what you mean about slowing down. We're getting ready for Christmas in a few weeks as someone thought it was going to be a brilliant idea to move around Christmas so I want to make sure that's all done with. Then I can take OH's family presents under his dad's tree and mine under my mum's so they won't get lost in the move. I seem to also have a string of family engagements lately. People getting married or reaching 50 and so on. Only positive is I get to see my cousin and we exchange notes. She's having a boy so I'm happy we won't fight over names!

Glad everything is going well with you and baby Viets! <3 I could never have waited to find out the gender, lol, I am not patient enough for that! lol!

I didn't go into labor (I'm actually pretty sure I will never really know what it is like to go into labor because they had to cut my uterus vertically which means all future kids have to be born at 36 weeks via C-section), I got very severe preeclampsia and had to be delivered to save both mine and Hayley's lives. My blood pressure was out of control (at one point it was 210/130, VERY scary, and I have never had high blood pressure in all my life) and Hayley's heart rate was dropping and the placenta was not giving her the nutrients it should have been (which is why she was so small at birth, she was only measuring 23 weeks when she was really 27 weeks 4 days). So, an emergency C-section it was. I'm just glad that Hayley is doing well and that she's going to be just fine. :)

Mummy: I am so glad I already moved! It was only one week ago, but with the growth spurt my belly seems to be on, the fatigue I feel and the busyness of the holidays coming up, I don't think I could do it again! Good luck, and just try to stay organized!

Markswife: Sorry I said labor, after writing that i ready your whole birth story in your journal - pretty scary stuff. I am so happy you and your little one are doing so well! I have tried to just keep away from all the scary things that can happen, as I know they are pretty rare, however, realizing that you got preeclampsia (one of the gals in our little thread) makes it seem a little more real. Time to brush up on the signs and symptoms so I can get prepared!

At my last appointment, I was told that I am at risk for pre-term labor. My hospital can only support infants born 30 weeks or later. There is a public hospital that can accommodate 28 weeks or later in the city, but just knowing that my babies 'V-Day' is at 28 weeks, not 24 weeks makes it all the more scary. Luckily they have me on medication that should help to keep that baby safe and snug in there!

Hello! Any news ladies?

Markswife - how is the little lady doing? When do you get to take her home?

Hope all is well! Thought I would share our 4D scan picture from yesterday, any guesses on gender?

Attachments

• 21.5 weeks 4D.jpg
    21.5 weeks 4D.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
Lovely scan Viet! I always thought you were going to have a boy truthfully. I'm not sure how right I am, but for all the guesses I've had, I've been wrong once, so that has to be pretty good going. You'll have to tell us what you do have when you give birth.

As for me, I'm 5 days away from double digits and I'm getting pretty excited. I still haven't brought any baby stuff as we're moving in the new year so I need to wait and just chuck it all in her room. After my scan I went off the name Hana, so at a loss what to call her now, although Kaori is stuck in my head. I also appear to have a Japanese name theme going on for this baby and I have no idea why.

My other issues are around DS's school. Basically, DS is in his current school until the end of the school year as the new school we want him to go to is a special needs language school which won't accept you until year 3. Which is fine and everyone is behind us on that. However, his current school first made him go home 10 minutes early at the end of each day as his TA goes home at 2.30, so he shares someone else's for the last 30 minutes before being picked up. Last year he just stayed for the story and sat on the car mat like he was told to do and got up to go to the toilet. This year he has a new teacher and I don't think she wants/knows how to address his needs. He's not a bad boy and only has had 5 meltdowns at the school and normal defused when you give him a distraction which he thinks is good. So I don't think that is the problem. Anyway his school does PA on tuesday afternoon and the whole school has it at the same time. So the TA's all look after the children. So we've been asked if we can pull him out tuesday afternoon and take him swimming or something similar so they can use his TA for other things, but as a bonus she will stay with him until 3 all other days. In my mind this doesn't seem very fair as he has P.E. and he loves his P.E. teacher and she is really good with him. We meet her a lot at the stables for his riding lesson and last week she let him fed her horses. She does above and beyond to help include him in things and if I could afford to, I'd hire her as his personal tutor! So we're at a loss what to do really. Sorry for a rant, but sometimes better out than in!

Thanks, everyone has said boy so far! We are excited to find out for sure when we meet this little one in a few months!

I am in a similar situation with the baby stuff. I have actually bought a lot of things, but everything has been via online shopping and my mom is holding on to all of it in the states. She will be sending few packages of things I need in the early weeks in the new year and will be bringing the rest in May when she comes. Its really weird having next to nothing here to actually hold and wash and fold. I can't wait to get all my stuff!

As for the school situation... Sounds frustrating! Hope you can get it all sorted out soon!

Hi ladies,

Hope you had a good holiday. I'm craving salmon at 7.30 in the morning which is fun as I have none. How's the pregnancies going? Markswife how's hayley doing? Bet she's getting pretty big now!

Craving salmon :sick:

Funny cravings! I still get sick every now and then

Mummy2o your really pregnant now!

I am so ready for my little boy to come out now!

It really has gone fast at times, then at others its dragging. I'm getting to the point I'm getting fed up being pregnant, but then I'm really impatient too. I promised to take DS to the toy shopping today, no idea what made me suggest that as he likes to run and I'm getting more and more restricted to waddling. I was even walking to the kitchen the other day and I said to myself 'damn I'm walking like a pregnant person!'

On the plus side Emmy not long to go. Only 2 weeks! Max is 4. I keep telling myself, only 13 more weeks max, especially since she has a habit of kicking my ribs and they hurt lately :(

Oh I am in full waddle walk, sometimes I can barely waddle, it feels like he is so low and I have a lot of pelvic pain. Luckily I have always carried him low so not had any kicks in the ribs!

That's what I keep telling myself, only 4 weeks max and as of tomorrow it will be January, the month I am definitely having my baby!

I know it seems like time is dragging but look how much time has passed already! It's crazy to think I have been doing this since may!

13 weeks will go in no time :hugs: good luck toy shopping xx

Happy Holidays!

Hope you all are doing well! We just got back from traveling in Malaysia... so nice to have been hiking and swimming and getting some color... the only thing my belly had been missing was a TAN! Feeling good!

Emmy, you're so close!

Mummy - 13 weeks will fly by! I have a feeling we will all be wishing this time back in a few months time!

Attached is a pic from NYE - Last sunset of 2013!!!

Attachments

• Pangkorpreggo.jpg
    Pangkorpreggo.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2
Thank you! Yeah, I Have been pretty much full on since about 14 weeks, the belly is big and just when I think it can't get any bigger, it does! Have my glucose test tomorrow. Not looking forward to fasting or taking three blood tests.. any one else scared of needles?

I used to hate having blood taken as they always found it hard to get it out! But now I'm pregnant it comes out so easily! And I have had so many blood tests now I'm used to it. You will be fine xx

Viet your bump looks amazing. I'm glad you had a good time on your holiday. Also congrats on getting under 100 days! As for the needles, I have trouble giving blood. I can end up like a human pin cushion at times. When I had my GTT I had such a bruised arm afterwards. It didn't hurt, but it was black. Then two days later I had a whooping cough injection, then a week after my GTT I had my blood tested for iron. They had to use the arm which was still hurting from my whooping cough and the GTT one was still black at this point. Anyway all healed now.

Emmy only a week to go. I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Your probably right about wanting to be pregnant again after the baby is here. But I do want her out, just so my ribs can have a rest from being a punching bag. It seems to be her favourite place lately. I'm also looking forward to having more energy for DS. I know he's happiest when playing on his computer so probably doesn't care if he doesn't go out as much. Even if its a simple thing like going for a walk in the monsoon like weather it is having here right now, just seems like such a chore. I got no one to blame but myself really, due to being told no exercise early on so I've gotten really unfit.

Getting pregnant again... the thought already scares me! While this has been a relatively low key pregnant, there have been some ups and downs. As I realize just how much more I will grow before this little one is ready to come out, I get nervous! I feel like this has been such a wonderful road and so much fun, but I am starting to think that once is enough!

But who knows, I have a suspicion that in a few years, once all the pain has been forgotten, I will be dying to do it all over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->