Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

I had my first bit on insomnia last night. I woke up to pee at 3:15am and was up for hours. Couldn't get back to sleep. I maybe got about 15-20 mins before I had to get out of bed at 7am for work. womp. Really can't complain though this pregnancy has been pretty easy thus far.

I had my first bit on insomnia last night. I woke up to pee at 3:15am and was up for hours. Couldn't get back to sleep. I maybe got about 15-20 mins before I had to get out of bed at 7am for work. womp. Really can't complain though this pregnancy has been pretty easy thus far.

Wow, you have been lucky haha!
I've been waking three or four times every night since 7 weeks. And often that's it, I'm wide awake! Luckily coz I work from home I can go back to bed in the morning if it's been a rubbish night, and just start later. Still sucks though.

Is the weather getting warmer near you now? It's definitely spring here and the heat is a killer for me already, I think summer will bring a lot of restless nights.

Tbh though I also think I've been worse this past week because we got burgled overnight last Tues. While we were asleep in bed. So obviously now neither of us is sleeping well. On the plus side, because I wake up in the night so often anyway, we were able to call police within no more than an hour of it happening, and by morning they had caught the guy and got (we think, anyway) all of our stuff back. Not that we've actually got it back yet, everything's in a bloody evidence locker at the station...

Also I just noticed now that your due date is *exactly* three years from the date you joined this site, isn't that weird? :)

Hi Ladies,

Dream - Ah yes. The insomnia. I actually had no issues with it until the last 2 weeks or so, but man, it gets really brutal really fast. I wish you all the best; try to exercise, that seemed to help me some.

Lone - That is terrifying! I am really glad you guys are okay and that they caught the guy. You live with your Mum, don't you? Was she around? I am very sorry you have to go through that.

Alas, no, the silence has been just because of misery lol, and I have been working and getting things in order. They are not kidding -- the last couple of weeks really and truly sucks. But we have out 40 week appt today where I will ask for a sweep (if there's any dilation; last week was 0), and will schedule an induction. From here I guess we just cross our fingers for natural start to labor (read: EARLIER), and at least have an end in sight if not! Haha.

I hope to hear from the rest of you soon and I will be better about checking in :)

Chat soon!

Hi Ladies,

Dream - Ah yes. The insomnia. I actually had no issues with it until the last 2 weeks or so, but man, it gets really brutal really fast. I wish you all the best; try to exercise, that seemed to help me some.

Lone - That is terrifying! I am really glad you guys are okay and that they caught the guy. You live with your Mum, don't you? Was she around? I am very sorry you have to go through that.

Alas, no, the silence has been just because of misery lol, and I have been working and getting things in order. They are not kidding -- the last couple of weeks really and truly sucks. But we have out 40 week appt today where I will ask for a sweep (if there's any dilation; last week was 0), and will schedule an induction. From here I guess we just cross our fingers for natural start to labor (read: EARLIER), and at least have an end in sight if not! Haha.

I hope to hear from the rest of you soon and I will be better about checking in :)

Chat soon!

Yes we do, but she was on holiday. Which I am glad of to be honest, because it would have stressed her out. As it is, we've been able to put a positive spin on it, play down the whole thing (you know, 'someone got in but he didn't take much of importance and the police got him now anyway') and she didn't have to see the whole house turned upside down.

Good luck with natural start, hope things move along soon for you!

Saw midwife today and WE HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!!!! It was magical. After all the worry of the last week, all I wanted was just to check in with baby, after all, it's been weeks since the last scan. And apparently it was very active, kicking loads, and then we heard the little heart beating away. So, all is well. I can get back to being massive and enjoying life. :)

Lone - Eek, that sounds awful.. I am just glad you guys are okay and the guy got caught.. Are you getting your things back soon, from the evidence locker?
Hearing LOs heartbeat is always so special.. isn't it? Did you feel any more jabs/kicks after that last one you mentioned?

Stella - Hi girl, I feel you, I remember how miserable I felt after passing 40 weeks, I am hoping membrane sweep worked for you and you are in for a natural labor.. I am so so excited, can't wait to hear more from you!!

I don't have much update anyway, next week we have Ethan's 4 month appointment, I already have bunch of questions ready to ask his doctor, he is gonna hate me I suppose, lol. Other than that, we are doing okay, passing each day as an adventure..

Hi All,

Well. She's finally here! I am going g to condense a long, somewhat exhausting story and stick to the main points After all this time, she gave us a quick 12 hour delivery - a speed race even for a 3rd baby, much less a first! Earlier in the day I had been told by the hospital that I was dilated to 2 and not really progressing right now. We had an induction scheduled for Monday anyway so this was okay. But by 11 PM that evening, contractions hit - 5 mins apart and 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes long right off the bat.

After having just been in earlier that day, I kept waiting for everything to stop, denial I guess. It was 2 am before I realized that this was probably the real deal so I woke hubby, who ran all the lights he safely could and we arrived back at the hospital 15 mins after we left home. I was bleeding even by the time I made it to a triage room and had an epidural shortly after. I was 7cm, fully effaced and they only needed my water to break to start pushing. The epidural only partly worked. I lost a concering amount of blood. It was all worth it (but no, I will never "forget" lol).

Baby Girl delivered at 1:30 pm after pushing for 2 hours, 12 hours after getting to the hospital, 15 hours from the first contraction. 8 lbs, 1 oz and 20 inches long, she's a good sized little girl! She latched to breast and nursed immediately, is an opinionated little diva and an absolute dream. My big, bald, tattooed hubby bawled his eyes out "she's finally here" as she was placed on my chest. He also cut her umbilical cord. I have photos of both thanks to our great nurses!

We will be released home tomorrow to introduce her to the puppies and start our new life! All of the grandparents have been around to meet her (and she was on her best behavior for them). Hubby adores her - she wants to be with me and calms easier for me which really seems to hurt his feelings, but they are bonding amazingly and I will soon be the odd one out lol.

Ladies, I am sorry not to have replied to you all and will come by later to try again. Thank you all for your amazing support through this whole journey and I am so excited to keep following yours! Xoxoxo

Wow, Stella congratulations!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. LO sounds wonderful, I am so glad she got a perfect latch. I can't wait to hear more on her..

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Aww that's amazing news, so glad she's arrived safely and you're all doing okay. Take care, enjoy these early days, and we look forward to hearing how you're all getting on in a few days or weeks xx

Lone, Dream, Lady

Thank you all so much. Yes it was a bit of a rough delivery but everything worked out just perfectly. Hubby is still on Cloud 9, and now that we were finally released home he just wants to pick out outfits and burp and cuddle. The dogs have taken to her lovingly. I still look at her and can't believe she's mine

Stella - It is so good to see you guys are taking it all so flawlessly, I was an absolute mess when we got home, lol. I think you will have a check up soon to make sure she has gained her birth weight. Let us know how it went. Hope you all are doing well, and don't forget to take care of yourself..

Update on my side: we had Ethan's 4 months appointment today, he is in the 67th percentile weight wise and in terms of height he is in 92nd percentile, so I am pretty happy with the stats, he is growing, everything else checked out fine. I went there with a list of questions, I kinda feel bad for his Ped now, things they have to go through with first time moms, lol.
Ethan has got his shots, and he was a brave little boy. Since, we moved recently, we changed the hospital, the way nurses gave Ethan his vaccines was interesting. Two nurses kind of simultaneously gave him shots in his legs, and I was able to pick him up the instant he started crying.. And then they showered him with soap bubbles, that cheered him up right away.. So in short, not quite what I was expecting. He is been sleepy so far, fx I don't have to give him tylenol this time..

How are you Lone?

We are okay, planned a short road trip tomorrow, this will be Ethan's first. Hope it goes okay.

Only original lady left in this group with nothing to show. Well done ladies I hope mamahood goes without a hitch...I think I should mosey along now. Love ya all and good luck!

Moose - my thoughts and prayers continue for you and others. :dust:

AFM: I've been nesting big time. My furniture painting for the nursery went extremely well this weekend. I'm sooo pleased with how everything turned out. I did this dresser, a toy box and a night stand. DH is going to paint the crib wall hopefully this week.

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-05 at 9.16.19 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-05-05 at 9.16.19 PM (1).jpeg

I was supposed to go do my glucose test this morning but I slept in. Ooops! I'll just have to arrange to go another day this week before work.

Hope everyone else is doing alright!

Only original lady left in this group with nothing to show. Well done ladies I hope mamahood goes without a hitch...I think I should mosey along now. Love ya all and good luck!

All my thoughts are with you. I know how much it sucks when all around you seem to be having babies. 5.5 years with my OH - but plenty of trying before that in other relationships, and if I'm honest I've never been particularly careful out of them, either. I honestly thought it just wasn't meant to be for me. Been in some dark, dark places because of it, too. But hell, if a miracle can find little old me after all these years, I have faith for you and everyone else who is finding the journey tough.

Please don't ever feel out of place here, though. If anything, maybe we lucky ones should all bugger off out of the TTC bit and over to another thread...? I've just never found a group quite as understanding and awesome as you lot, so I've stuck here. Much love to every single one of you. Getting to know you all has been fab.

And I enjoy seeing how different the journey has been for everyone, and that finally we've had a flurry of successes. I even wonder sometimes if it's a sort of domino effect from having you all around, like we're all falling into sync or something ;)

Lady, hope the road trip goes well and you all have a great time!
Dream - great work! Looking good! Week 26 already, wow!

AFM - scan on Friday, first one I haven't been worried sick about so I'm pretty excited. Fairly sure all is fine, because I think I feel baby move every day now. I definitely feel something, anyway! Plus the 12 week scan was really clear, and all looked fine then, so can't see how anything major could have been missed. FX all still going great!!!!

Biggest worry is accidentally seeing something we're not supposed to - we really don't want to know the gender, but I guess some things just can't be unseen...

:rofl:

Moose - I believe in miracles, sending my prayers for you, you know it could happen when you least expect it. And I am with Lone on this, I have sticked here even though Ethan is 4 months old now, because I feel like I have found friends here, each one of you is so wonderful and the understanding we have between us is great. Never feel like you are not one of us, mom or still ttcing, we are in this together. Lots of love..

Lone - two more days until the scan, exciting!! Let us know how it goes. Respect your decision on not finding the gender, you are so brave and patient..

Dream - Love the dresser!

AFM, road trip went well, we have started out with short ones, so that Ethan can get the hang of it. So, far, it looks like he enjoys car ride. He was rather unhappy when we stopped for lunch, so it got postponed until we reached our hotel. I guess I need to expose him to people more, then he will be more relaxed next time.

The anatomy scan was awesome!
I mean... Okay, so it dragged on a bit (we had a trainee, and she did fine IMO, but then her supervisor came in and basically redid everything a second time)...
And the second woman was also really rough, so it hurt a bit and I was really sore (like, almost bruised) all day and yesterday too.
BUT we got a really good look at baby (without seeing anything that would give the game away haha) and apparently everything is fine, no issues. It's a lively little thing, didn't want to cooperate at first, even hid behind the placenta which was pretty cute. But we got everything done eventually.
And we got this incredible pic!!!

baby20w.jpg

Last edited:
Lone - Congrats!! That us such an incredible picture, I love it. How did you end up bruised? Was this an external u/s?

Lady- I am glad the road trip went well! Did you guys go anywhere fun? We just did our first day trip into the mountains. She slept the whole time, as expected, lol

Dream - The dresser looks great! It's so amazing what we can do with old furnitur . And so much cheaper too

Canadian- Please reach out to me any time with anything at all and my thoughts are with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->