Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

I had my 36 week appointment today and final scan. My boy is weighing in at 5lbs 14oz and this is starting to all feel soooooo real!

I let my OB know my heartburn is getting outta control now she said to ditch the Tums and move onto Zantac so I'll pick that up after work today.

I also started back seeing my naturopath this week. I'm going to be seeing her weekly to prepare for labour doing acupuncture. I saw her regularly during TTC and the first trimester and loved it.

Weekly appointments now too with my OB - I can't believe it. Finally going to be a mom. Feels so unreal.

Lone - I know you feel miserable, I remember wheezing like an old lady each time I had to use a stair, and I had to use stairs quite a lot! But these days shall pass and when you will remember them later on, you won't be able to suppress a smile and miss these days, honest!

Yeah, little bub is 7 months old now, time does fly.. He is quite a chunky monkey, I love squishing him so much and he lets me.. He has grown used to my cuddling and has given up squirming finally when I do.. lol.. Now I get rewarded with his giggles.. I can't wait till you enjoy similar experience, you know these days are so precious and fleeting.. I already miss his newborn stage a lot..

It's been 29 degrees Celcius here today.
For those of you who have never experienced the North East Coast of England, that probably doesn't sound like a lot. Compared to wherever you live, it probably isn't.
But us pale, sun-deprived Northern Brits call it 'really hot' at about 18, 19 degrees. 22 is a goddamn heatwave. Twenty-fucking-nine degrees? I am basically just a puddle.

Really not long now Dream!
All good cheers Lady. Survived camping, haha! Started antenatal classes. Counting down the last few weeks. (32+1 today)
Hope everyone else doing alright

39w3d still preggo. Highly hormonal and emotional. I feel like crying all the time.

39w3d still preggo. Highly hormonal and emotional. I feel like crying all the time.

Awww bless you :( So close now, but I feel your pain already, this last bit of waiting is awful - and you've waited such a very long time now!

But surely feeling emotional is a good sign - hormones surging, ready for action...? Keeping everything crossed that baby makes an appearance very soon for you. On the plus side, however it goes you only have a couple of weeks left, one way or another baby does have to come out! So you'll be getting those precious cuddles very soon indeed.

Over here all is ticking along. Started antenatal classes (was weird tbh, so many people didn't know ANYTHING at all about what would happen in labour and yet I felt there was no new information at all for us - I guess those 'normal' folk who haven't had a long TTC journey don't know much about their cervix and how it looks/feels, for e.g.!) ;)

Baby is disturbingly large now, so I'm getting a little alarmed. Even the antenatal midwife commented on how huge I look for just 32 weeks. Not what you wanna hear as you're gearing up for birth and trying to convince yourself you're up to it hahahaha.

Midwife reckons its measuring at the 90th percentile, i.e. in the top 10% of large babies. When it moves, *everything* moves - can watch the entire baby shift side to side. Weird as hell tbh, like Alien or something. I did have a pool birth in mind but I honestly might start begging for early induction or maybe a section. Anything to save my lady parts...

:rofl:

Hi Ladies,

It sounds like everyone is doing really well I am happy to see!!

Dream - I am going to start checking in for a birth announcement from you. Any minute now! Are you all ready? I would give you that "sleep now while you can/enjoy it before the baby comes" junk advice, but by this stage I wasn't sleeping well or enjoying much anyway lol. So I'll just say, deep breaths and good luck. You are going to do great!

Lone - I saw your other post and you look lovely, just ignore the naysayers. You have an amazing, happy, beautiful glow. How are you feeling? How are your classes?

I am sorry to keep disappearing these days but time gets away from me. On top of everything else, I am now also changing jobs. I joined this group just over a year ago now and can't believe how much has changed since then, for all of us, and continues to change. Thank you ladies for being here, you have no idea how much it has meant to me to have this thread to come to.

I'm 1cm dialated!!! Woohoo. Lol so my OB was able to do a sweep this morning. She sent me over to the hospital, where I'm waiting now to do a NST to ensure everything is good to wait until Saturday to start the induction.

Woooooo Dream!!!

I'm guessing by now you are either waiting for the induction to kick in - or enjoying your lovely little baba?!

EXCITING STUFF!!! Thinking of you and can't wait for update - good luck!!!

Lone, I keep logging on to check lol . I am waiting for her big news!! How are you feeling these days?

I KNOW - SO EXCITING!!!!!

Yeah good cheers. Despite my whinging all the time, things are still relatively easy - managing to walk dog twice a day, have been getting baby's things ready, still swimming at least once a week (did 34 lengths of the pool the other night, woooo). Can't complain.

Ready to have baby out now though, movements are starting to leave bruised feelings inside (it's most definitely a large baby, there's no getting round that fact haha) and aches and pains are kicking in too. 33+3 today, so we're ticking along pretty well - so weird to think it could be another almost nine weeks in theory, but could just as easily be today...!

Other half is counting down the days too, equal parts excited for baby and excited for his six months off work...! He's having almost all of my maternity leave, basically, under the shared parental leave scheme. I work from home, so I can go back right away in theory. Going to be strange having him home all the time, and he's going to be baby's primary carer for these early stages - I'll just provide the boobs!

:rofl:

How's the little one doing? Not so little now I guess haha!

My sweet angel arrived Sunday Aug 11th at 4:44pm weighing 6lbs 14oz via vaginal birth So many details to fill you guys in on! (Labour and post partum). Its been a wild ride and not over yet. We are still in the hospital I'm discharged but baby is not. Currently watching him under lights to treat his jaundice Desperately hoping to be able to take him home tomorrow. Once we settle in I'll fill you guys in more. Hubs and I are exhausted but feeling so blessed at the same time. Our baby is a champ so FX and prayers up that we can go home very soon.

Oh congrats to you all! That's amazing! Much love, looking forward to hearing all about it once you are all home safe.

Hi this would be our first baby and first month trying I can't test till the 22nd and the wait is killing me. I have never had any health problems but I can't help but feel like maybe I'll end up being unable to conceive right away and that's also weighing on my mind heavily idk why but I just have this gut feeling and I don't know if I can deel with that jerny emotionally. Anyways what are some things you guys have done to forget about it and pass the time, I know it dosen't do me any good to just worry and fester but I can't help it I have my wedding on the 16th and a trip planned after and I work you would think that would be enough to keep my mind off Baby lol. Are there any good baby books to get and read I have found that helps me calm down if I am reading something funny and informational.
PS: I tend not to proofread sorry for any typos lol

Hi this would be our first baby and first month trying I can't test till the 22nd and the wait is killing me. I have never had any health problems but I can't help but feel like maybe I'll end up being unable to conceive right away and that's also weighing on my mind heavily idk why but I just have this gut feeling and I don't know if I can deel with that jerny emotionally. Anyways what are some things you guys have done to forget about it and pass the time, I know it dosen't do me any good to just worry and fester but I can't help it I have my wedding on the 16th and a trip planned after and I work you would think that would be enough to keep my mind off Baby lol. Are there any good baby books to get and read I have found that helps me calm down if I am reading something funny and informational.
PS: I tend not to proofread sorry for any typos lol

Good luck for testing tomorrow! And don't worry too much if this first month isn't your month. It would be very unusual for the very first month you try to be the one that you conceive in - up to a year they say for a first baby. This thread certainly should show you that it might take a while, but most of us do get there in the end!

And hey, you never know, you might get lucky first time round!

My sweet angel arrived Sunday Aug 11th at 4:44pm weighing 6lbs 14oz via vaginal birth So many details to fill you guys in on! (Labour and post partum). Its been a wild ride and not over yet. We are still in the hospital I'm discharged but baby is not. Currently watching him under lights to treat his jaundice Desperately hoping to be able to take him home tomorrow. Once we settle in I'll fill you guys in more. Hubs and I are exhausted but feeling so blessed at the same time. Our baby is a champ so FX and prayers up that we can go home very soon.

Guessing you are all home now, hope things are going well and you are all settled in <3

And as for me...

34+5 today. Tiredness has well and truly set in, also I feel rubbish and I've had a good week or so of what I guess are Braxton Hicks, plus loads of pressure right at bottom of bump. At last midwife visit baby was head down but not engaged yet - am there again in one week so maybe it has shifted now. Can't see me getting to 40 weeks tbh, I feel like it could be any day now. Another five weeks of this would be ridiculous haha!

Other half has been an absolute lifesaver as I've had no energy to do stuff and can barely get through a day's work. He's got everything organised, even shopped for disposable pants and maternity pads and other such useful things. Bags packed... baby things all set up... birth plan written... names picked... first outfits chosen... dog minder arranged... he even remembered to put a waterproof cover on bed just in case waters go in night haha!

Sooooooo... now we wait. And wait. AND WAIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->