Trying To Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread

Hi Ladies,

So happy I found this thread in dire need of a rant today! I have tried to rant to people close to me and this is my experience in the past two weeks (also my TWW grrrr).

My best friend: ummmm do you think you have fertility issues? I am worried that you havent gotten knocked up yet, you should see someone.

My other best friend: Hey! Have you considered adoption?

My sister: Great news! I am pregnant! I totally wasnt expecting this! (she is younger by the way)

Grrrrrr I feel for all you ladies. People are so insensitive! And you are right on top of that I am not even supposed to drown my sorrows in a lovely glass of wine :(

Like I said. You don't walk up to the heavy person
"Have you thought of eating less? Maybe join weight watchers, or try surgey. Why haven't you lost weight?"
or the unmarried person
Have you thought of just choosing a mate? Maybe you can go on a website and just pick one? Or even have you thought there might be something wrong with you...go see a therapist since you are not married yet."
Those would all be rude but of course has nothing to do with the "EASY BABY MAKING" task, as if you can think about it and then say poof i am pregnant.

Hello ladies!

I am glad I came across this thread. I have only been TTC for 2 months, but with PCOS I am expecting a long journey.

I also feel the same way about other people intruding in my life. Especially since I got married. I swear, before I was married people will tell me... don't have babies, you need to graduate, etc.

The second I got married it started with the questioning when we are going to have a baby. My husband and I are trying (and have always) to take things slow, go at our own pace.

It used to drive me crazy people asking me when I was having babies, but these two months I've had about 5 people ask me, and it's worse to hear when you are already trying... I want to say... right now!! haha but I don't want to tell anyone I am TTC because I am expected to take long so I don't want the pressure.

Still, without saying anything everyone is asking all the time.

I really want to think more when I talk to people and pay more attention and make sure that I am not asking people and making them feel the same way I do, because I guess it's always exiting to hear someone is having a baby and you do expect it from married people, but I guess everyone should avoid asking because you don't know what other people are going through.

That's how I feel on that subjet. My cousin asked me if I was preggo yesterday... so I said nope, you knock up anyone lately? haha.

my vent- half the time annovulation, other half bfn !! ttc for 1.5 yrs.... no results... sometimes i feel i should atleast conceive and if i miscarry, thats fine... i just want to conceive once... (thats the level of desperation) to top that ocd and slight add... ttc with ocd is like hell.. two of my friends planned for a second baby this year just because they had nothing else to do !!! just one month of trying and baam !! pregnant !!! and make me feel like trash when im with them... seriously "so called friends" go f**k yourselvees

I love this thread I really do!

I have found that for the last 2 years since we married everyone has made comments like "we'll you'd best not leave it too much longer at your age" (I'm 33) and don't mind at all saying that in front of people I've just met!!

I wasn't actually trying though so I just used to laugh. We've been trying 2 months now and people keep saying things like "oh you probably won't be pleased to hear this but she's pregnant" why wouldn't I be?! I can't believe that people have written me off after what they think has been 2 years of trying!?

It's been 2 months but why should I have to explain myself?!

Squishy79 I'm so sorry people are treating you that way. They are so insensitive! Hearing you makes me glad I haven't told anyone about TTC!! I'm not the kind of person who doesn't respond to rude comments so I would be fighting with everyone!

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. I am 21, I would say healthy, never been pregnant on accident or on purpose. I have been having pelvic pain for 2 years also. The doctor I am seeing now is saying she does not see anything on the ultrasound just like the doctor I was seeing before. I am almost giving up hope on finding out what is wrong and about having a baby. I stress alot about both issues and no one understands my pain, because they have kids and never felt the pain I am going through. my boyfriend is very supportive but he does not understand how bad it feels to see your friends have babies that werent planned. I just want the pain to go away or at least be mild and have my own baby. Sorry that my frustrations sound jealous and mean. Its just I am so tired of trying for a baby and trying to find out where the pelvic pain is coming from. Sorry forgot to mention I recently started having ovary pain throughout my entire cycle.

I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. I am 21, I would say healthy, never been pregnant on accident or on purpose. I have been having pelvic pain for 2 years also. The doctor I am seeing now is saying she does not see anything on the ultrasound just like the doctor I was seeing before. I am almost giving up hope on finding out what is wrong and about having a baby. I stress alot about both issues and no one understands my pain, because they have kids and never felt the pain I am going through. my boyfriend is very supportive but he does not understand how bad it feels to see your friends have babies that werent planned. I just want the pain to go away or at least be mild and have my own baby. Sorry that my frustrations sound jealous and mean. Its just I am so tired of trying for a baby and trying to find out where the pelvic pain is coming from. Sorry forgot to mention I recently started having ovary pain throughout my entire cycle.

What is the pelvic pain like? I get pain in my pelvic off to the side....I would say it is almost where the underwear line would be. Maybe in the groin? Can't seem to pinpoint times when it is worse or things to alleviate it. It comes and goes and is just a weird pain. Told gyno and doctor and both were not concerned.....what doctor is not concerned when a person says they have a weird pain.....let alone two of them.

Here is my vent for the day.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

I love this thread :thumbup:
I just get down with the fact that everyone in my life seems to be super fertile at the minute except me! We have kept the fact that we are TTC from our families and I have only told a select few but somehow more people than I actually told, know and I am regretting telling a single soul as 4 months in with no success I am now getting teary when anyone asks me how its going. Stop asking me, stop getting pregnant before me and stop telling me to relax and forget about it and it will happen.

ttc for 1.5 yrs.... no results... sometimes i feel i should atleast conceive and if i miscarry, thats fine... i just want to conceive once... (thats the level of desperation)

I've been TTC for over a year now & I felt relieved when I read your comment, because it means I'm not the only one who has had thoughts like this!

I would never wish anything like that on you, me, or anyone else & I obviously wouldn't really want to miscarry, but sometimes when I'm in a desperate moment I also think 'if only I had seen a BFP, even if I miscarried, I'd know that at least it was possible for me to get pregnant'.

I'm ashamed to admit it & I know that it probably sounds very insensitive towards people who have experienced miscarriage - and I'm certainly not proud of having these thoughts - but I definitely understand the feelings that lead to thoughts like this.

I hope things work out for you soon!

my peeve? DH has been working away through the week for nearly a year. Dr asked me if I thought that might be contributing to us not being able to conceive. Well yes, I know that. I have a Biology degree, I know all about ovulation and that it only happens once a month.
Thing is, we have been together 4 years....

What is the pelvic pain like? I get pain in my pelvic off to the side....I would say it is almost where the underwear line would be. Maybe in the groin? Can't seem to pinpoint times when it is worse or things to alleviate it. It comes and goes and is just a weird pain. Told gyno and doctor and both were not concerned.....what doctor is not concerned when a person says they have a weird pain.....let alone two of them.

The pelvic pain is at my underwear line to my groin area. I have been tested for STDs and they came back negative. It hurts worse during ovulation, but nothing makes it better, not even 800mg ibprophen (sorry about spelling). My doctor has put me on birth control to see if the pain will stop. I cant start taking it until my period comes.:sad2::sad2:

What is the pelvic pain like? I get pain in my pelvic off to the side....I would say it is almost where the underwear line would be. Maybe in the groin? Can't seem to pinpoint times when it is worse or things to alleviate it. It comes and goes and is just a weird pain. Told gyno and doctor and both were not concerned.....what doctor is not concerned when a person says they have a weird pain.....let alone two of them.[/QUOTE]

The pelvic pain is at my underwear line to my groin area. I have been tested for STDs and they came back negative. It hurts worse during ovulation, but nothing makes it better, not even 800mg ibprophen (sorry about spelling). My doctor has put me on birth control to see if the pain will stop. I cant start taking it until my period comes.:sad2::sad2:[/QUOTE]

Vent of the Day: Why or why is everyone pregnant? It honestly seems that everyone in my highschool year has atleast one child with another on the way. The ironic thing is that my husband and I have been together longer than any of them put together (many have children by different men or have been with their guys a few months). There's one person who's on her third baby and she's only just turned 20 (she was in my younger sisters year). They remind me of the Alien Queen, just squirting them out! Gah!

Girl just want to say I feel for you I am in the same boat and getting sadder monthly so good luck and you're not alone!
Truthy

I suffered a miscarriage last week and I am now terrified of the holidays. After getting my BFP and realizing that I would have been almost 12 weeks at Christmas I had a big plan on how to tell everyone. Now I have to sit through Christmas with the family and try to be happy for my step sister in law who will be around 5 months then and try not to start crying when she passes around her ultrasound photo's (which I am pretty sure she will). Don't get me wrong, I am SO happy for her, her and her husband were TTC for almost 5 years so she definitely deserves this baby, it will just be a hard time for me.
The other one I have to try and be happy for is my brother's wife (which I am not, she got pregnant intentionally to trap my brother) thank god I don't have to see them for Christmas because if she passed her U/S to me to gush, I may hit a pregnant person.

We have been TTC for over a year and I have had 2 miscarriages and I am terrified that I won't be able to keep my emotions in check during the holidays. Does anyone else have this fear? I may have to forgo family get together's this year.

I suffered a miscarriage last week and I am now terrified of the holidays. After getting my BFP and realizing that I would have been almost 12 weeks at Christmas I had a big plan on how to tell everyone. Now I have to sit through Christmas with the family and try to be happy for my step sister in law who will be around 5 months then and try not to start crying when she passes around her ultrasound photo's (which I am pretty sure she will). Don't get me wrong, I am SO happy for her, her and her husband were TTC for almost 5 years so she definitely deserves this baby, it will just be a hard time for me.
The other one I have to try and be happy for is my brother's wife (which I am not, she got pregnant intentionally to trap my brother) thank god I don't have to see them for Christmas because if she passed her U/S to me to gush, I may hit a pregnant person.

We have been TTC for over a year and I have had 2 miscarriages and I am terrified that I won't be able to keep my emotions in check during the holidays. Does anyone else have this fear? I may have to forgo family get together's this year.

I know how you feel hon, I would have been 12 weeks at Christmas. I'm spending all my time trying not to think about it too hard. *bighugs*

yes, i was supposed to have a baby before xmas. instead, my neighbors and a bunch of other people will have theirs, and ive even gained the same amount of weight i would have had my pregnancy worked out :( it's gonna SUCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->