Trying To Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread

OK, my husband and I are the only couple in my husband's army unit without a child. The last to get pregnant is an overweight smoker. I run 25 miles a week, do not smoke or drink and did everything my doctor told me for the past 3 years .. what the F ..

Vent of the Day: Why or why is everyone pregnant? It honestly seems that everyone in my highschool year has atleast one child with another on the way. The ironic thing is that my husband and I have been together longer than any of them put together (many have children by different men or have been with their guys a few months). There's one person who's on her third baby and she's only just turned 20 (she was in my younger sisters year). They remind me of the Alien Queen, just squirting them out! Gah!

I really don't understand why certain people who shouldn't reproduce can easily spit them out. There's a recent story on the news about a woman being arrested because her 11 month old son died of an overdose. Makes me angry. While we struggle to raise another $11K for treatment for our first, my husband's loser cousin is whining about her Planned Parenthood benefits - aged 24 expecting her 3rd child. Her OTHER cousin told her what we didn't dare .. to close her legs.

innerlaner haha! I am glad someone told her off! What and insensitive cruel thing to say!

I am so sorry you are feeling this way! :hugs:

OK, my husband and I are the only couple in my husband's army unit without a child. The last to get pregnant is an overweight smoker. I run 25 miles a week, do not smoke or drink and did everything my doctor told me for the past 3 years .. what the F ..

Big :hugs: to you. I'm sorry. You have every reason to be mad.

Ok need to get this off my chest. I'm so heartbroken because my sister doesnt want to heear anything about what I'm going through to get pregnant. Her and I started going through fertility testing together... she's 34 been married and divorced and was with her bf at the time for over a yr. Im 26 married 5 together 6. Our day 3 blood test came up fine had an HSG test mine was fine her left tube was closed then we both got the low blow that our progesterone levels were low. Well now I'm on clomid and she isn't cause her and her bf broke up. So now I'm torn because I talk to my sis about everything but she's convinced herself she will never have a baby. I feel bad for her butt at the same timme I'm angry with her. I'm angry because I'm going through this and she doesn't want to talk. Is that wrong of me?? I'm very close with her and even tho I'm taking further steps to get pregnant its not a for sure thing so I'm scared and need support to. I just feel that I'm being selfish.

Ok need to get this off my chest. I'm so heartbroken because my sister doesnt want to heear anything about what I'm going through to get pregnant. Her and I started going through fertility testing together... she's 34 been married and divorced and was with her bf at the time for over a yr. Im 26 married 5 together 6. Our day 3 blood test came up fine had an HSG test mine was fine her left tube was closed then we both got the low blow that our progesterone levels were low. Well now I'm on clomid and she isn't cause her and her bf broke up. So now I'm torn because I talk to my sis about everything but she's convinced herself she will never have a baby. I feel bad for her butt at the same timme I'm angry with her. I'm angry because I'm going through this and she doesn't want to talk. Is that wrong of me?? I'm very close with her and even tho I'm taking further steps to get pregnant its not a for sure thing so I'm scared and need support to. I just feel that I'm being selfish.

I think it's natural for you to have those feelings, but - and I know this might sound very harsh - I can completely understand why she might not want to talk about this with you for a while.

From her perspective... she is older than you, she has a blocked tube AND low progesterone, and to top it off she's now single again, right at the time when she probably imagined she'd be happily married/settled with a baby. On the other hand, you are younger than her, settled with your partner, have found out what might be preventing you from getting pregnant, and are now on medication, so with any luck you'll get your BFP in no time. (I hope so!)

I bet your sister's body-clock is ticking so loudly in her ear at this point that she cannot and does not want to talk to anyone about their troubles TTC, even though you were going through it together up until now. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for her and I completely understand why she might think that her chances of having a baby have gone up in smoke.

I know from some some of my friends that being 34 and single when you desperately want children is hard enough... it must be even harder when you already know that you have medical problems that might make it difficult to conceive even if you do find the right guy to take that step with. To her at least, I bet you seem to be the lucky one in this situation at the moment, as you're so much closer to getting what you want than she is.

Give her some time to grieve what she thinks she's lost - her dreams of a family, as well as her relationship with her boyfriend - and perhaps come on here more, or find other people in the same boat as you to talk to, until she's ready to talk.

I know that TTC for a long time is really hard and I really hope that you get your BFP soon. :flower:

I'm having a rough day. Our next medicated cycle will start in December. On Monday I got a faint positive (possible evap) hpt in the evening. I was so excited I called my fertility doc and set up a blood test.

Results from the quant test came in today <2 so I am NOT pregnant. Same thing last month, and the month before, and the month before that, and the month before that, so on and so forth.

Why was I so hopeful? I have to stop being this foolish.

Anyways my plan for the rest of November is to start provera tonight and continue with the Femara. I'm disappointed.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Short vent for me today...

I wish my SO's pregnant sister would stop shoving her due date in my face. She's been telling me every single week since she got pregnant how much closer it is. I can't take it anymore, it got to the point I'm ignoring her. It's my almost-nephew, and I feel so much resentment towards her because she throws it in my face. She knows our struggles with fertility and doesn't care. It's all about her happiness.

And im sick of people telling me to be patient. I've been patient for years, went through hundreds of bfn's, I'm allowed to run out of patience. I can only be strong for so long. Instead of telling me to chill out, why don't you just be here for me.
-sigh-

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

DH is getting the girls at work asking if he is having a baby yet. He says it pretty much happens everyday. I get it at work as well. What is it with being newlyweds that makes people think they can get all nosey and ask about babies all the time. Don't want to tell people to mind there own buisiness because I know they are just being friendly, and by my saying something or DH saying something it indicates a problem is occuring. I find it all annoying but DH is feeling stressed by it all and doesn't feel like :sex: Which in turn means little chance of this being a good month:dohh:.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

DH is getting the girls at work asking if he is having a baby yet. He says it pretty much happens everyday. I get it at work as well. What is it with being newlyweds that makes people think they can get all nosey and ask about babies all the time. Don't want to tell people to mind there own buisiness because I know they are just being friendly, and by my saying something or DH saying something it indicates a problem is occuring. I find it all annoying but DH is feeling stressed by it all and doesn't feel like :sex: Which in turn means little chance of this being a good month:dohh:.

I used to get these questions when I first got married and I replied with something like, "we're going to wait a few years. We're still making payments on our $22,000 wedding. We didn't accept help from our parents with our wedding expenses." The wedding expense part is true but my body is making me wait for the baby.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I used to get these questions when I first got married and I replied with something like, "we're going to wait a few years. We're still making payments on our $22,000 wedding. We didn't accept help from our parents with our wedding expenses." The wedding expense part is true but my body is making me wait for the baby.

My favorite answer to this question?

"Oh, babies aren't worth enough on the black market yet for me to get that fat."

Shuts 'em up every time, without fail. :winkwink:

Sometimes I really HATE my body. Four years of trying and not even a miscarriage so why did the witch chose this month to be late -- because it's marathon weekend? With my luck, it'll arrive in the middle of my race so I'll have to carry a pad and use the disgusting porta potty. I HATE my stupid body.

innerlaner;23139895 I used to get these questions when I first got married and I replied with something like said:
My favorite answer to this question?

"Oh, babies aren't worth enough on the black market yet for me to get that fat."

Shuts 'em up every time, without fail. :winkwink:

HA HA love it.:haha:

We have done our 4th IUI last month 29th oct 2012, and today its 23rd passed, got pregnancy test on 18th day post of IUI it was negative :( . still no periods and no BFP. we will go to the doctor today and will ask what's happening with me.

I need someone to please reassure me!! I am so unhappy, on edge, I can't sleep and I am not sure how much longer I can go on like this!! 9 months and still not pregnant!! What is wrong with me? Had internal scan all was fine, swabs all fine, pelvic exam all fine!! I just have a feeling that I am unable to have children, the doctors don't seem to care and I have recently been treated for a cervical erosion which should have been treated 2 years ago but was never acknowledged. All my friends seem to be pregnant and it hurts so bad... I just want to be a mum!!! Please are others going through the same? x

@bubbahope: There are many in these forums that are having problems TTC. Check out the TTC journals and threads, you'll likely find people that are going through something similar as you. Personally, I'm going on 12 months TTC and just had a bunch of labs done to see if anything's up. It's not an easy road we're on, but keep trying and you'll get your bfp :hugs:

@bubbahope: There are many in these forums that are having problems TTC. Check out the TTC journals and threads, you'll likely find people that are going through something similar as you. Personally, I'm going on 12 months TTC and just had a bunch of labs done to see if anything's up. It's not an easy road we're on, but keep trying and you'll get your bfp :hugs:

Thank you so much for the response. Just feel like TTc is taking over my life at the moment! I am so scared that it will never happen for me!! Lots of luck to you. x

AF came 5 days early!! :hissy: I have standard 28 day cycles to begin with, so cutting out a whole week pretty much guarantees I won't be pregnant that cycle. OMFG, it's so annoying.

I need someone to please reassure me!! I am so unhappy, on edge, I can't sleep and I am not sure how much longer I can go on like this!! 9 months and still not pregnant!! What is wrong with me? Had internal scan all was fine, swabs all fine, pelvic exam all fine!! I just have a feeling that I am unable to have children, the doctors don't seem to care and I have recently been treated for a cervical erosion which should have been treated 2 years ago but was never acknowledged. All my friends seem to be pregnant and it hurts so bad... I just want to be a mum!!! Please are others going through the same? x

:hugs: Don't get too discouraged. I have been off BCP's a year now and officially TTC for 5 months. I was feeling the same as you. It really does get you down sometimes. When I decided to see a different doctor within the same practice- everything turned around. My OBGYN referred me right to a fertility doctor, and he is amazing. I am already scheduled for my second ultrasound tomorrow to see if the meds worked this month for OVing.

My advice- check on the internet and find the doctor that has the best/most reviews and switch if you can. It also helps to demand testing sometimes. Many Doctors don't go out of their way to try to find things wrong with you.

Keep your head up! :bfp: from :xmas6: this Christmas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->