Trying To Conceive #1+ Vent Thread

Mrs. MB-- Good Luck. This is a vent thread where people complain about stuff. Your best bet would be to search "newly off BC pill" threads. If you're having pain during sex then I would definitely bring that up to the doctor as you could have cysts. Since you've always been on the pill it's tough to know how your unregulated cycle will be. You may want to start charting your temps or start using OPK tests. It may take your body a couple of cycles to figure out it's own natural rhythm.

Thank you Cntry Grl, didn't see the Newly Off BC thread. I'll direct myself accordingly. I will definitely talk to my Dr.

Mrs. MB you will probably have to use the search feature for that. Type in "Stopping birth control" you should find a lot of threads.

I think the worst part of this process is how isolated it makes you feel. Either your friends aren't at a point in their lives where they are ttc, or they have kids which were "accidents" or took a couple months to conceive. Its funny how the people closest to you are incapable of comforting you at such a difficult point in your life.

I also hate being made to feel bad for "trying" in the first place. Stop telling me stories about a friend of a friend that gave up and magically got pregnant on vacation after 4 years of trying. Is that supposed to make me feel better? It just makes me second guess myself and wonder if I'm the cause of things not working out.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I just thought it would be a great idea for me to make friends and also talk about my experiences with trying to conceive. Well it has been such a frustrating thing for me and I feel like I have been torturing myself. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since the beginning of April and so far we have had no luck in getting pregnant. I know 3 months is not a long time to start worrying but for me it has seemed like forever. I did have the implanon birth control taken out first week in April. I didn't get my period at all in April so I figured my body was adjusting to having the BC taken out. I finally got my period in May and has been on time since every month. I've used ovulation calculators to see when I'm ovulating as well as trying to be in sync with my own body to know when I'm ovulating and still no luck. My husband and I started to prepare ourselves for a baby and even started buying baby stuff which I feel now I shouldn't have because I am torturing myself of the thought that I have a baby room with no baby. I'm just a person that likes to plan especially financially and since my family doesn't support me I know that I will have to get everything all myself. I did stop buying baby stuff last month because I was over it. I feel like I drained myself with wanting a baby so much that I finally said that it will happen when God wants it to happen. I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow and so far have not had any symptoms of getting my period. Usually I get cramps a week before I start my period but none so far. I don't want to get my hopes up. I haven't taken a test yet but I think I will in a couple days to see if I had any luck. I'm just so confused. I used too many ovulation calculators that some say I should start my period on the 21st and some say on the 25th. I'm feeling no symptoms of any sort. I'm just frustrated with this whole baby making. :cry:

My only grievance is with my mother-in-law :growlmad:

she's never liked me and keeps saying my narrow hips will only make me miscarry and I'm too skinny to conceive... all of this in the space of this July as we've started TTC!

I've been ttc for 4 months now, not a long time, no. But I've been wanting to be pregnant for over nine years, so to finally be able to try, I'm a little (okay a lot) impatient.

I also suffer from depression and I have very little libido. I was thankfully put on medical unemployment which was needed and having less stress on my plate will maybe help things along a bit. I am also not on my medicine anymore because I do want to try and live my life without being on presc. medicine and I want my baby to be as healthy as can be.

My main problem is my family acting like me charting things or using my WomanLog app on my phone as being weird or obsessive. I don't see the harm in doing this :( Literally all I do is put down info like when I BD, if my OPK or Preg tests were neg or pos, body temp and CM, and if I had any unusual side effects. General stuff. It also lets me know when to expect AF and possible Ovulation week. So why is it weird?

They're always telling me if I use my app or think about it too much, I'll never get pregnant. But the thing is, if I didn't plan when to have sex, I would probably not have much sex at all! I'm not a sexual person but of course I want to have sex every so often for my partner. Plus I kind of need to BD if I want a baby... kind of necessary if you want to do it the old fashion way... So honestly, I see my app as a way to make sure I BD on the days I need to...

It's just infuriating to me! :( I don't see how me keeping track of things will cause issues. Personally, I feel like it would help since I have a better understanding on how ovulation works and when it occurs etc. so I know when to BD.

Plus, how can I not think about having a baby when it's what I obsessed about since I was 16! (don't worry, I was responsible. I just loved the idea of babies. I knew it was a terrible idea of having one at that age) I'm finally a grown woman, have an apartment, we make a good salary. It's time. I know it's time. I feel like it's finally my turn!

As the eldest girl on my mother's side of the family (sibling and cousin wise), I always thought that I would be the one to have a child first. But my eldest male cousin beat me to it and then my sister, and both times I cried like a baby.
I know it's selfish but I almost felt like having the first baby amongst us was my right, my trophy, and it was stolen from me. It was hard. I felt like an awful person and still do a bit. That cousin now has three children and my sister has two. I have yet to have any. I just really feel in my heart that it's finally my turn so of course I want to do it right :( I want to make sure I do things when it needs to be done and ect. So it's hard when people tell you to just let it happen, making you feel like being organized and knowledged on ovulation as wrong. Any anyway, if I "let it happen", I'll most likely never get pregnant due to my low libido....

I just wish they could understand where I'm coming from without possibly judging me and/or thinking I was a terrible and selfish person before. I know I was, but I don't need to be reminded... I'm very aware of how terrible it was of me.

Kuji -

People are stupid. They say that same shit to me all the time and it drives.me.crazy.

Rest assured, that temping and charting is very HEALTHY, and it's a common family planning technique. I had to stop talking to people about it. . . they really just don't get it. Moreover, they think talking about how easy it was for them to get pregnant once they "just relaxed" is somehow helpful.

NOPE.

Keep doing you, girl.

Mrs. and Mrs. -

Thank you so much! I really do feel like it's healthy personally since I know what's going on when instead of oblivious to what my body is up to.

Yeah, the "relax and let it happen" advice just bugs me... I can't tell everybody that tells me this as to why it won't work for me. It's embarrassing to just tell random family members that I have low libido and in my opinion, it's none of their business. I'm just doing what I need to do for my current situation.

I would love to "relax and let it happen" like they say but honestly, I know it's not going to happen to me. I'm just being realistic and doing what I can with what I have.

I totally understand.

I'm using frozen sperm from a sperm bank and I STILL have people telling me to "stop trying to hard" and to "relax and let it happen."

Uhm... I don't think they know how this works. :haha:

I'm just infuriated with my mother and sister telling me I over think things! I'm ttc #1 and I'll be ovulating any day now. I felt... odd in my lower belly, feeling swollen or something, and randomly in the grocery store I was attacked by intense cramping. I dealt with it until I got to the car but of course I was worried! I rarely get cramps so intense and sudden, even on my period!

I try and talk to my sister about it but she always does the same, shrugging off my pain and telling me I'm over-thinking things. As if apparently, if I feel pain, it's in my head, no matter how bad the pain is. Are you kidding me?! UGH

Sorry, I'm just... frustrated... I honestly don't know who to turn to anymore when my body does things I'm not used to :( I'm ttc and I don't know if these cramps were a part of it. I'm sure it's nothing in the end but I'm the type of person who wants to know why things do what they do. So of course I want to know why I had these cramps. At this point, after quick research, I'm assuming it's ovulation cramps, but I just wish my family didn't act like me researching things that happen to me as odd or obsessive....

Kuji-- Have you been to the dr's or been tested for PCOS?

Cntrygrl- From what I read, it doesn't seem likely that I do but I'm going to see my doctor anyway within the month so I could talk to him about it.

Kuji - I haven't told most of my friends and family I'm trying to have a baby for these very reasons. I don't want the advice, I don't want their questions, I don't want their noses in my business. I've told my mom and her DH, and a couple of close friends. But that's it. I hope things get better for you though, and that you get good news from your dr appointment coming up.

Mrs. and Mrs. - People really are just ignorant sometimes as to what it takes for some women to get pregnant. What is supposed to be an "easy and natural" things is just not the norm anymore for many. Much love and support coming your way with baby dust for the BFP soon!

I have been diagnosed with pcos three month ago and since then my cycles have gone from 21 days after coming of bcp six month ago to 32 days to 47 days and now I am at CD 62 with no af in sight and just one day of spotting :growlmad:
It is hard enough wrappind my head around the fact that I have PCOS, but what really makes me go crazy is that I have absolutely no clue what is going on inside me and how long I should wait to see the dr again about not having af!

I was very sick a few years ago, and I have to say I could cope better with it because after every day, I knew if it was a good or bad day! I could either feel horrible and be in a lot of pain or I could FEEL the change of getting better and healthy again! With this shit now, I feel NOTHING, so I never know what is going on and I keep waiting for af to show up every day.

Sorry for the long rant, I just had to let it out somewhere...

I'm on to cycle 3, I never imagined that it would be this stressful trying to have a baby, I'm only 3 cycles in and I already feel really down

Recently got married to DH and everyone expects me to have a baby by next year because I'm supposed to be young and fertile, especially his mom who brings it up every time I see her (which is several times a week) it scares the crap out of me, not only do I have to worry about disappointing myself but i have to worry about disappointing all these other people :cry:

I've never posted here before so a little back story:
DH and I are both 31 and TTC #1 since January 2014 when I came off BCP. I'm overweight and trying to get healthy. He's an E-cig smoker and trying to quit. All of a sudden my mom said something to me kinda referencing my wt and I took it all outta proportion and bawled. Last time I was that emotional was my teenage yrs before BCP. I was never that emotional during BCP. Before BCP I would cry at almost anything good, bad, mad, anything inbetween. I feel like I've reverted back to my teenage yrs. I don't want to do that because it'll drive us both nut crazy. Had this ever happened to someone? Has anyone ever felt they reverted back to their younger selves? Positive insight is desperately needed please. Any ideas? What am I gonna do?

So, as I keep tempting my bbt chart seems to be a little off. Its nerve racking but I am still taking my fertilaid and tempting. After doing quite a bit of research I may be either tempting wrong or I have a short Lutheal phase which only lasted 4 days. I really am questioning whether or not my fertilaid will work, but I'm trying to keep the faith. I have not yet seen a doctor because I do not have insurance but as soon as open enrollment starts I will apply for it and see a doctor. For now I'm just trying natural ways to conceive.

I'm fed up with everyone around me getting pregnant accidentally or on their first month of trying.

I'm fed up that hubby's ill again for the second time in three cycles during my most fertile period.

I'm fed up with being stressed all the time, work is stressful, ttc is stressful and I'm just not coping with the uncertainty all the time.

I'm fed up of being fed up and feeling like I've run out of positivity already.

I'm fed up of feeling like no one understands why I feel so down about it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->