Trying To Conceive #1+ Vent Thread

I didn't know this thread existed!!
I saw the one for "TTC first child only" and didn't know about this one.

So we've been TTC baby2 since my cycle came back 3 months ago. Last month I really thought I was pregnant so the arrival of AF was a big bummer. Crossing my fingers for this cycle!

I know that when we get pregnant, my family will be ecstatic. But I worry a bit about my husband's family's reaction... They are used to people waiting longer. Longer engagements, longer period of being married without children, longer gaps between children....

Hello ladies, I haven't been on a forum for 9 years after my first daughter was born, but for the last 5 years it's been hard TTC. For the past year I've had a cone biopsy done cause I had pre cancerous cells for cervical cancer so that put a damper on the baby dreams. But now we got the go ahead and did a pap everything was back to normal but if i do end up pregnant I still need another procedure done but before doing that I need to conceive first. After my miscarriage in 2007. I've been irregular since so my gyn put me on provera and clomid. His specific instructions were to start provera on the first day of my next cycle for 5 days and then 5 days if clomid after the provera. Of course excited me couldn't wait so I started to take the provera for three days and then got af so I continued for 5 more days and then the clomid for the next five. He said after the last clomid pill I should start baby making for the next 5 days but everything else I read about clomid and have a clomid calendar says differently so I bought an ovulation kit took one not ovulating now I don't know if I'm doing it right I'm stressing and I think my husband is sick of me telling him when we can do it lol. And I just want some support and answers otherwise I'm gonna go mad. Anything will help. Thx ladies.

So we've been TTC baby2 since my cycle came back 3 months ago. Last month I really thought I was pregnant so the arrival of AF was a big bummer. Crossing my fingers for this cycle!

I know that when we get pregnant, my family will be ecstatic. But I worry a bit about my husband's family's reaction... They are used to people waiting longer. Longer engagements, longer period of being married without children, longer gaps between children....

I think that gap is perfect. My OH and his sister are only 1 year apart exactly and they are really close. I have bigger gaps between me and my sibs and we are close, but not the way they are. I want my gaps short and sweet if I can. Good luck!

Hello ladies, I haven't been on a forum for 9 years after my first daughter was born, but for the last 5 years it's been hard TTC. For the past year I've had a cone biopsy done cause I had pre cancerous cells for cervical cancer so that put a damper on the baby dreams. But now we got the go ahead and did a pap everything was back to normal but if i do end up pregnant I still need another procedure done but before doing that I need to conceive first. After my miscarriage in 2007. I've been irregular since so my gyn put me on provera and clomid. His specific instructions were to start provera on the first day of my next cycle for 5 days and then 5 days if clomid after the provera. Of course excited me couldn't wait so I started to take the provera for three days and then got af so I continued for 5 more days and then the clomid for the next five. He said after the last clomid pill I should start baby making for the next 5 days but everything else I read about clomid and have a clomid calendar says differently so I bought an ovulation kit took one not ovulating now I don't know if I'm doing it right I'm stressing and I think my husband is sick of me telling him when we can do it lol. And I just want some support and answers otherwise I'm gonna go mad. Anything will help. Thx ladies.

I am no help, I know nothing about these things, but good luck! Sounds like you've been on a long journey, whew!

:dust: to all!

I think that gap is perfect. My OH and his sister are only 1 year apart exactly and they are really close. I have bigger gaps between me and my sibs and we are close, but not the way they are. I want my gaps short and sweet if I can. Good luck!

Exactly! There's just over 2 years between my brother and I and we were best friends growing up (and are still very close).

can i rant 2 times?

I will any way...

So no af yet... dont feel her coming on even...took an hpt... bfn (like it was going to be a bfp HA!!)

so i thought hey... send Mr. Storky a letter asking for a baby...

he answered in the from of giving me 10 Sulcata Tortoise eggs.... I should have said human baby... oh well... so now i have 10 eggs in my oven being heated by C7 x-mas lights... good thing the oven is broken... i might have wanted to bake a "congrats your not pregnant" cake, but at least i caught 10 eggs...from a different species.

Hey ladies, I would like to have a confused, grumpy moan if that is ok?!

I'm 9dpo today, it's been hell. I've been testing on IC's since...way too early admittedly. I tested on 5dpo with very concentrated urine and got a bfp. Here I am at 9dpo and nothing since, not a single +. I am so confused and upset, what the hell is happening?!

Thanks x

Hey ladies, I would like to have a confused, grumpy moan if that is ok?!

I'm 9dpo today, it's been hell. I've been testing on IC's since...way too early admittedly. I tested on 5dpo with very concentrated urine and got a bfp. Here I am at 9dpo and nothing since, not a single +. I am so confused and upset, what the hell is happening?!

Thanks x

Go to your doctor! False - is more common than false + by A LOT so I would go get a blood test.

Rant. So I'm totally frustrated with DH. We made a plan together to officially TTC. I told him when I was supposed to ovulate this month, and the right times to BD. He was all on board..until it was time to actually do the deed. Then it was "this is so not sexy. this takes the fun out of everything, planned sex is not my thing" My plan was to BD two days before ov, on ov day then for the next three days after just to make sure. I only got him to do it two days before ov and then one day after. I'm really hoping we got it..but I'm not doing temps or using opks..I just know I have a normal 28 cycle and used an ovulation calendar. But the thing is..we both made the plan..I got excited, and then was totally disappointed when he backed out. I can't force him to have sex with me, and when I say something about it he gets all pissy and says "well maybe we don't even need another baby anyway". But for the rest of the month he's all for it! I wonder sometimes if he actually wants one, or is he just saying what he thinks I want to hear? So now I'm 3 dpo and doing TWW and it's just like..ugh. Did we even do enough??

suffolk sazzle, we have been ttc for 10 months now and i completely understand how you are feeling! it IS hard seeing people having babies around you, several of my friends have has babies since we started ttc and they were accidents! i am from suffolk too! all i can really tell you is to try and stay positive, i know it sounds stupid, but up to now i have been getting really upset and depressed about things. I recently made the decision to stop and start thinking positively, this can only help with ttc! I have also been charting for the past two months, its not as difficult as it looks and really helps you get to know your body and cycles and when you are most fertile :)
i hope this helps....baby dust to you!

Multiple people I know are announcing unplanned second pregnancies (most of them are the sort that constantly talk about how they're always fighting with their OH, having money trouble, etc etc...

And I'm sitting here with our plan and our finances in order and my wonderful husband wondering when it will be our turn to finish our family.....

I know many others have no children yet and have waited much longer but with all these "accidents" I just feel forgotten.

wow- I came on this thread because it was for women attempting to conceive 1+ which means that there are women on here trying to conceive after they have already had children. Yes, I have 2 children, but that was after several miscarriages and heartache. I am trying for my 3rd, but have lost many in between. I really didn't think I would feel the lack of compassion from women who are in a similar situation. Both of mine are miracles, and I may never get another one, but I should be able to feel supported from women going through the same thing. So sad.

I apologize. I just noticed the + on this thread title. I have experienced loss so I am terribly sorry if I made you feel bad :nope:

how long is this gonna take !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is it that everyone that does not want or should not have kids get them with no effort and the ones that want them and waited all there life for this moment are having to try so hard ! i feel like im going crazy, why is it so hard !!!!!!!!!!!!!?

how long is this gonna take !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is it that everyone that does not want or should not have kids get them with no effort and the ones that want them and waited all there life for this moment are having to try so hard ! i feel like im going crazy, why is it so hard !!!!!!!!!!!!!?
I know how you feel and I also feel like doesn't science want reproduction? Why would it be so hard? Are there any other animals where ttc is so hard? Blah.

wow- I came on this thread because it was for women attempting to conceive 1+ which means that there are women on here trying to conceive after they have already had children. Yes, I have 2 children, but that was after several miscarriages and heartache. I am trying for my 3rd, but have lost many in between. I really didn't think I would feel the lack of compassion from women who are in a similar situation. Both of mine are miracles, and I may never get another one, but I should be able to feel supported from women going through the same thing. So sad.

I apologize. I just noticed the + on this thread title. I have experienced loss so I am terribly sorry if I made you feel bad :nope:

Just wanted to point out that there is not just a thread - but an entire forum dedicated to those who are TTC #1.
:) :flower: :dust:

I would just like to make a point. This is called a VENT THREAD for a reason. We were only stating that it is frustrating for us to struggle with having our first little ones when other ladies get on here and talking about how they already have multiple. We were not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. I know we are all having a hard time trying to conceive but you also have to look at it from our perspective…. Everyone I went to school with or that I know is pregnant!!!! And my DH and I can’t catch a little eggie… Yes my heart breaks when I see these other ladies say they got their BFP….. But no feelings are intended to be hurt. We are all trying to support one another and we all have our weak spots!

Exactly, and what's worse is that maybe people are struggling with #3 or whatever, but some of the people on here who are struggling with their first are going to find out that even after drugs, IUI and IVF, and maybe even donors, they still can't have one and the only thing they can do is adopt or get a surrogate. Which is not a bad thing at all, but it isn't the same. I would much rather be complaining that I can't have a third than complaining that I can't have a first. Many people are completely happy and thankful to have one or more miracles. I myself also want multiple kids, but if I was struggling with that I would be saying "well at least I have 'this many', that's more than some people can say". Also if I had the money I would be more than happy to adopt a baby after I already had some of my own. Of course I would be happy to adopt a baby even if I could not have my own, but like I said it is not the same. I digress, the point is just let people vent, we are all in the same boat here struggling with the same thing. I think everyone on this thread feels compassion for each other even if we are in a little bit of different situations.

I know we are all having a hard time trying to conceive but you also have to look at it from our perspective….

Playing the devil's advocate here... don't us TTC#1ers need to look at it from their perspective, too? Don't we all have to be respectful of each other? Shouldn't we all support each other? We may be unable to be empathetic towards their feelings, since we don't have children of our own, but we can still be sympathetic. How can we expect them to support our feelings, if we can't support theirs?

I would like to mention again, that's why there's a TTC#1 vent thread, to vent about things that may be rude to those trying to conceive 1+...

I know we are all having a hard time trying to conceive but you also have to look at it from our perspective….

Playing the devil's advocate here... don't us TTC#1ers need to look at it from their perspective, too? Don't we all have to be respectful of each other? Shouldn't we all support each other? We may be unable to be empathetic towards their feelings, since we don't have children of our own, but we can still be sympathetic. How can we expect them to support our feelings, if we can't support theirs?

I would like to mention again, that's why there's a TTC#1 vent thread, to vent about things that may be rude to those trying to conceive 1+...

I agree. I posted in here by mistake. My eyes skimmed over the 1+. I know my gripes will come off insensitive to a mom who already has children but is struggling to have more. While this is a vent thread I see it as a thread for moms trying to have more than one child, or is that incorrect? The thread title is a little confusing tbh.

I now see that I only posted once instead of twice like I had thought. I went to my Usercp and saw this thread, confusing it with the Trying to Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread. I think we should all feel blessed. Some women can't even get pregnant and for now, I stand a chance. If you have one little one already, feel extra blessed because I would gladly go through more heart ache just to have one baby. Anyway I will be posting in the right thread from now on and leave this one alone.

I would just like to make a point. This is called a VENT THREAD for a reason. We were only stating that it is frustrating for us to struggle with having our first little ones when other ladies get on here and talking about how they already have multiple. We were not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. I know we are all having a hard time trying to conceive but you also have to look at it from our perspective…. Everyone I went to school with or that I know is pregnant!!!! And my DH and I can’t catch a little eggie… Yes my heart breaks when I see these other ladies say they got their BFP….. But no feelings are intended to be hurt. We are all trying to support one another and we all have our weak spots!

again, pointing out this is a vent thread for people trying for baby #2 or more, and that there is a whole forum dedicated to people trying for #1.

I'm positive that the reason these were separated was to avoid offense on both sides. Maybe the thread title could be edited to say "TTC #2+" as to be clearer. I have sent a message to Wobbles with this suggestion.

No this forum is for anyone trying to concieve. IT SAYS Welcome to trying to concieve vent thread 1+!!! MEANING THIS IS A TTC VENT FORUM! AND as I stated before that no feelings were intended to being harmed. We are all going through the same issue and my dear please reread the forum title thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->