Trying To Conceive #1+ Vent Thread

I hear ya! I have a few co-workers that have gotten pregnant without trying long and it's so frustrating!

I have been TTC for over a year and my best friend, who has 2 kids, loves to tell me to "take my time" and "enjoy my freedom while I can". Doesn't she understand that I've wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl.

I love children and my husband and I are now getting the "when are you going to have kids?" I just want to scream, "We're trying!" I'm getting very frustrated with people!

My OH and I have just started TTC this cycle, I'm on CD 14 and have been having O pain so should be Oving any time now. We have been preg twice before (we think) we were not trying and I missed my period, had negative pregnancy tests and then a few weeks later blood. Pretty sure early MC or something, but I never went to a Dr. about it so who knows really.

Anyways OH's parents I guess really want us to start having kids, which we just found out this week over the holidays. His sister just had one a few months ago and now they have baby fever apparently. My parents really want grand kids, but from my other siblings (who don't want to have kids). It makes me mad that they keep trying to nudge my siblings for kids when they don't want any, but they don't want me to have kids. I guess they think I'm too young.

I'm scared we won't be able to have kids because my bf has a condition that both his dad and his uncle have. His dad had 3 children just fine, and his uncle waited until he was I think in his later 30's and couldn't have children so they had to do IVF. I'm hoping everything is fine since he is still young, but there's always that little thing in the back of my head like "what if we won't be able to".

Last month I had just started back on birth control and we ended up having a pregnancy scare because I didn't take it religiously. Ended up nothing, but we decided we actually DID want it. We were sad to see the BFN. So this month I've been taking prenatals, fish oil, and vitamin c. OH has been taking one a day mens and vitamin c, and we have been using preseed so we're hoping we get preggo right away. We don't want to wait months and months, just trying to do everything now and get it done.

I get jealous thinking about all the people I know who got preg on accident or so easily when other people have to try so hard and buy all this crap to help it along. Some people are like "oh I missed my period?" and then take a test and voila, but then there's people like us who are so anxious waiting to test and waiting to see if :witch: will come or not... sigh I really hope it happens right away for us and it was worth buying all these OPKs and vitamins and shit.:shrug:

Anyways baby dust to all, I hope we all get our :bfp: christmas presents!!!
:happydance::dust::happydance:

My husband started a new job not too long ago and works from 10am to 10pm, sometimes later. Sometimes I am awake by the time he comes home, but usually I am not. If I am, I am tired and he is tired, so we skip BD'ing. In the morning time is when we have our best chance to do it, but not always. It really sucks because I would like to try and catch this egg but feel I will not because of my husband's work schedule :(

My husband started a new job not too long ago and works from 10am to 10pm, sometimes later. Sometimes I am awake by the time he comes home, but usually I am not. If I am, I am tired and he is tired, so we skip BD'ing. In the morning time is when we have our best chance to do it, but not always. It really sucks because I would like to try and catch this egg but feel I will not because of my husband's work schedule :(

You may just want to set an alarm clock so that you are up or have DH wake you up.

Or just "rape" him while he's sleeping, I do it sometimes and he loves it lol. :happydance:

I am new here, but needed to vent to someone who understands what I am going through. I am working on TTC since October (m'carried :( ) I have been doing ok with things, but yesterday my best friend gave birth to her first. I should have been so happy, but it just caused me to feel my loss and failure even more. Then, today at work, a teacher sent out an email telling everyone that she was pregnant, due around the time I would have been due. I am just so sad! I feel awful for being resentful, but I just can't help it.

I understand completely fiesty!!!! Well fertility friend has been telling me that I o'd on the 9th and now today I am 18 dpo and it says I didn't"o" at all! I had a BFN 3 days ago... I should try and take another tomorrow but still I am aggravated.

Getting super frustrated with my "baby brain"

It's all I've been thinking about lately... baby this and baby that. It's so weird. I can't shut it off. I hope I'm driving my hubby too crazy.

Sometimes I am hopeful and optimistic about it then a dark cloud will come and I get very doubtful and negative with myself. A rollercoaster of sh!tty feelings :/

OH, and I get frustrated with women who are ranting and raving, I REALLY want a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th child! What about us who don't even have one?! Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to anyone who is this situation, no matter how many they have. BUT still, you know what I mean. At least you have 1! :baby:

OH, and I get frustrated with women who are ranting and raving, I REALLY want a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th child! What about us who don't even have one?! Don't get me wrong, I am sympathetic to anyone who is this situation, no matter how many they have. BUT still, you know what I mean. At least you have 1! :baby:

I know exactly what you mean with this, part of me feels the pain they are going through and part of me wants to shake them and shout "at least you have 1 little bubba to be proud of!!" I feel so guilty when I think like that too

Getting super frustrated with my "baby brain"

It's all I've been thinking about lately... baby this and baby that. It's so weird. I can't shut it off. I hope I'm driving my hubby too crazy.

Sometimes I am hopeful and optimistic about it then a dark cloud will come and I get very doubtful and negative with myself. A rollercoaster of sh!tty feelings :/

Same here! I understand we are all on the same boat but you already have one or more!! Save some baby dust for us who just want our first!!!!!!!! It drives me nuts but still I understand but I just want one!

I am new here, but needed to vent to someone who understands what I am going through. I am working on TTC since October (m'carried :( ) I have been doing ok with things, but yesterday my best friend gave birth to her first. I should have been so happy, but it just caused me to feel my loss and failure even more. Then, today at work, a teacher sent out an email telling everyone that she was pregnant, due around the time I would have been due. I am just so sad! I feel awful for being resentful, but I just can't help it.

I know how you feel, I MC'd, but I didn't actually tell anyone I was preg until afterward. Anyways OHs sister got pregnant like a month after I did and then my MC happened awhile after that. At her shower OHs mom said "I thought we would be having one of these for you"... seeing all the baby stuff and this and that and then the actual baby after born is just like a pang, I also feel that failure you're talking about. I'm very happy for her and all of them, but it makes me feel my loss more than I would have otherwise I think. Anyways hoping we will get preg soon and fill our void. :flower: Good luck to you too btw!
:dust:

wow- I came on this thread because it was for women attempting to conceive 1+ which means that there are women on here trying to conceive after they have already had children. Yes, I have 2 children, but that was after several miscarriages and heartache. I am trying for my 3rd, but have lost many in between. I really didn't think I would feel the lack of compassion from women who are in a similar situation. Both of mine are miracles, and I may never get another one, but I should be able to feel supported from women going through the same thing. So sad.

wow- I came on this thread because it was for women attempting to conceive 1+ which means that there are women on here trying to conceive after they have already had children. Yes, I have 2 children, but that was after several miscarriages and heartache. I am trying for my 3rd, but have lost many in between. I really didn't think I would feel the lack of compassion from women who are in a similar situation. Both of mine are miracles, and I may never get another one, but I should be able to feel supported from women going through the same thing. So sad.

I understand what why you feel this way, but they do actually feel compassion for you. It's just you still have more than they do whether your kids were miracles or not (imo all kids are miracles anyways). It just gets frustrating hearing people complain about how they can't get number 3 when some of us can't even get number 1. A lot of people struggle with conceiving and maintaining the pregnancy. We all feel for you.

Grrrrrr mini rant!!!! Sat in the pub (not drinking obv and neither is the OH) but we're here with his friends and along comes 1 pregnant wife and 2 other men talking about their pregnant partners!!! I just wanna scream "stop talking about your babies!!!!" I know that's awful as if and when I get pregnant I'll be the same but I just feel so frustrated/angry/upset/useless/inferior and it sucks!!!!! Rant over :)
Exactly! This is exactly what i feel. Every female colleague is pregnant who are younger than me!! making me feel crazy.. just wanna end this whole frustration with one baby!!!
just one is enough for me!!

God save us all!

There is a "Trying to Conceive #1 Only Vent Thread" for those who need to vent about things that may be hurtful to those trying to conceive 1+...

I have to say, that after one day on this forum, I feel worse now about my situation than I did. No- there isn't compassion. I am complaining?????? NO! I am NOT complaining! I will be leaving this forum. I came here hoping to find support. That is why I posted in this thread; to not upset those who are still trying to conceive #1. My heart breaks for you because I know what it is like to try and try and try, and feel like you are not getting anywhere. I have been there. I know what that feels like. However, once you get that wonderful #1 and start trying for the 2nd, the heartache and the longing is no different....etc, etc.....I posted on this thread, because it was for women in my situation. I am sorry that my "complaining" bothers you. So, I will go back to crying alone at night, with no one to talk to because no one around me understands.

I have to say, that after one day on this forum, I feel worse now about my situation than I did. No- there isn't compassion. I am complaining?????? NO! I am NOT complaining! I will be leaving this forum. I came here hoping to find support. That is why I posted in this thread; to not upset those who are still trying to conceive #1. My heart breaks for you because I know what it is like to try and try and try, and feel like you are not getting anywhere. I have been there. I know what that feels like. However, once you get that wonderful #1 and start trying for the 2nd, the heartache and the longing is no different....etc, etc.....I posted on this thread, because it was for women in my situation. I am sorry that my "complaining" bothers you. So, I will go back to crying alone at night, with no one to talk to because no one around me understands.

I would just like to apologise as I was totally oblivious to the fact that this was the 1+ thread, I don't tend to pay much attention to things and the title of this was clearly one of those things. I would never purposely try and make someone feel so bad about a situation that concerns something that every person on this site is going through, trying for a baby and facing difficulties is hard whether its your first or your tenth so I am sorry if any comment I made has added to your upset. I don't think anyone on this thread intentionally went out to hurt anyone and make them feel like we're not all in the same boat in one way or another. Obviously I need to start and read things a bit more closely

I would just like to apologise as I was totally oblivious to the fact that this was the 1+ thread, I don't tend to pay much attention to things and the title of this was clearly one of those things. I would never purposely try and make someone feel so bad about a situation that concerns something that every person on this site is going through, trying for a baby and facing difficulties is hard whether its your first or your tenth so I am sorry if any comment I made has added to your upset. I don't think anyone on this thread intentionally went out to hurt anyone and make them feel like we're not all in the same boat in one way or another. Obviously I need to start and read things a bit more closely

I would just like to say that was a very nice apology, felt like crying when reading it, normally when something like that happens it turns into this big argument and the thread will get closed and reading it got me all emotional for some reason :cry: in a good way though haha, there is no happy tears face on the smileys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->