Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

tatertahelon, I think every DR is different when it come to fertility treatments. I was lucky enough that the DR who did my TR is also my OBGYN and is the head of the local fertlity clinc. So after my TR, we TTC for about 7 months then I went back to him. We decided to do a HCG to see if the tubes were clear ( it was done during the surgery but of course there is always the chance of scar tissue) I went for the HCG on Nov 25th and I have to say it was the worst thing I have ever done !! We think it was so painful for me because both tubes were blocked and the presurre of the liquid unclogged one tube. the DR advised us that the chance of conceiving goes up after a HCG but if after 5 or 6 months we still haven't conceived come back and he would refre me to fertility clinc. So in April I went back to him since nothing had happened. The DR went over our options and we decided that IUI would be the best for us ( I had a girlfriend who did IVF, and outside of the huge cost it did havic on her system) We used 50mg of clomid and 1 IUI on CD14:bfn: so for the second cycle we used 100mg clomid plus pergeon pen ( sorry can't remember the dose) plus two IUI one on CD14 and another on CD15 and this time we got:bfp:
Emily was born Feb 2010.
So here we are today!

Yeah, you are totally right, all docs vary in what they say/recommend..I had TR last Feb and have had 5mc's since then..so we decided it was time to go back to the FS(who did TR) and see what he thought...my doc appt was Jan 21st..I went in my a zillion q's and he ended up doing an SIS that day and bloodwork, which ALL turned out "perfect":thumbup:He said to KEEP ttc and he hoped that THIS was going to be our mo..but if not, then to call when af starts to sch the HSG...I've heard both ways about it, it's SUUPER painful or just uncomfortable...I have A REAL high pain tolerance so I'm expecting IF we have to do it that I'll be fine..there was a girl that had one that told me to take a muscle relaxer BEFORE haha to chill..and I WILL do that!!! I'm really praying though it isn't going to come to that:winkwink:(which I've mentioned LOTS!!!) I'm sure though it's MUCH more than uncomfortable if there's blockage...Yikes...
So how does an IUI work...is it a cup or something..? I suppose I CAN Google it but I like to hear it from someone w/ experience...ALso, did your insurance pay for it? just curious...
I was checking out your profile and you have a beautiful family:kiss: very Lovely!!!
Thanks for all your info!!! appreciate it greatly!!!!!!!!:hugs2:

Susan its so great to have you on this thread with us and your story is amazing its great to know you did concieve even if it was with a little help! my sister has tried iui's many times and still nothing they are going onto ivf this month fx for her so hey if you can get you beautiful baby with only one tube you should be thrilled!!!! im trilled for you :)
Sag I totally see your line im soooooo happy for you!!!!!
Tater dont freak out like you said you dont get symptoms early anyways and if you just implanted you would'nt feel preggo yet anyways FX this is your month too!!! you lucky birds better not ditch me I want you to keep me posted all through your pregnancies I keep fearing that im going to take forever to get preggo and you girls will be long gone with lil babies and I will still be trying :( I need your good vibes please lol
Dash have a great weakend :) cant wait for you to ttc then you can be smack in the middle of the crazy 2ww with the rest of us :)

Susan its so great to have you on this thread with us and your story is amazing its great to know you did concieve even if it was with a little help! my sister has tried iui's many times and still nothing they are going onto ivf this month fx for her so hey if you can get you beautiful baby with only one tube you should be thrilled!!!! im trilled for you :)
Tater dont freak out like you said you dont get symptoms early anyways and if you just implanted you would'nt feel preggo yet anyways FX this is your month too!!! you lucky birds better not ditch me I want you to keep me posted all through your pregnancies I keep fearing that im going to take forever to get preggo and you girls will be long gone with lil babies and I will still be trying :( I need your good vibes please lol
Dash have a great weakend :) cant wait for you to ttc then you can be smack in the middle of the crazy 2ww with the rest of us :)

:flasher:Momma, you are soooo crazy!!!!:wacko: :haha:
I soo wish we lived close together..you ca- rack me UP!!!!!
WE*I are SO NOT going to ditch you you silly girl!!! and I WANT LOTS of babies, so I hope to be pregger for the next 5-7 years!!!!!:thumbup: so I'll DEFINITELY be here..Don't be negative...you will probably get your sticky bean cycle #1...you just watch!!!!!:cloud9:
All kinds of good vibes and LOADS of :dust: to all my tr girls!!!!
I'm NOT freaking out...I'm doing my VERY best to be chilled and calm and I'm thinking about AS POSITIVELY positive as I Can right now :laugh2: !!!!! I may as well~I'm prepared w/ 2 generic DG FRER's for tomorrow morning..they are the plus minus ones..and I HATE those kind..that's all they had so that's what I took..we'll see....I'm feeling Pa-retty gross tonight :sick: I had to go to laundramat :roll:today and to the store for food..and man, this HORRIBLE badness came over me...I had to lift 40lb dog food and seriously told the girl that i needed to take my coat off b/c I was feeling Strange..hope it's a good strange:shrug: my lil ones have a bad cough and boogers so praying I'm NOT going to get sick....
I love ya momma, rooting for a Nov:baby: for you and DH!!!!!!
:friends:

:flasher:Momma, you are soooo crazy!!!!:wacko: :haha:
I soo wish we lived close together..you ca- rack me UP!!!!!
WE*I are SO NOT going to ditch you you silly girl!!! and I WANT LOTS of babies, so I hope to be pregger for the next 5-7 years!!!!!:thumbup: so I'll DEFINITELY be here..Don't be negative...you will probably get your sticky bean cycle #1...you just watch!!!!!:cloud9:
All kinds of good vibes and LOADS of :dust: to all my tr girls!!!!
I'm NOT freaking out...I'm doing my VERY best to be chilled and calm and I'm thinking about AS POSITIVELY positive as I Can right now :laugh2: !!!!! I may as well~I'm prepared w/ 2 generic DG FRER's for tomorrow morning..they are the plus minus ones..and I HATE those kind..that's all they had so that's what I took..we'll see....I'm feeling Pa-retty gross tonight :sick: I had to go to laundramat :roll:today and to the store for food..and man, this HORRIBLE badness came over me...I had to lift 40lb dog food and seriously told the girl that i needed to take my coat off b/c I was feeling Strange..hope it's a good strange:shrug: my lil ones have a bad cough and boogers so praying I'm NOT going to get sick....
I love ya momma, rooting for a Nov:baby: for you and DH!!!!!!
:friends:

Thanks tate but this is my 5th cycle lol If you want to be technical it should be cycle 2 since I really was told to wait 3 months lol
I hope you have lots and lots of :baby:"s I hope the strange is baby strange and not sick strange I cant wait to log on in the am and see your BFP!!! whoot whoot!!!!

ohhhh hoops...I forget VERY easily...5th cycle shmycle
we are the bfp clan!!!!! you're going to get your sticky SOON!!!!
Hoping it's baby strange too!!! cuz I HATE being sick..who doesn't!!!
sending prayers and :dust: for YOU!!!!!
:hug:

Thanks tate I just looked at your chart and sags and for the most part they look similar im not sure what im looking at lol but your temp really did'nt go down anymore then sagas. fx momma!!!!!

Thanks tate I just looked at your chart and sags and for the most part they look similar im not sure what im looking at lol but your temp really did'nt go down anymore then sagas. fx momma!!!!!

Yeah, haha, I don't know too much what i'm looking for either...It's a LOT easier w/ the red line for O which you'll have pretty soon!!! I'm Praying the dip is implant dip, but I've read and heard that not everyone's dips...so I'm looking for a higher temp than today tomorrow...
some people can compare others charts SOO easily I can't...I just don't see the similarities like others can...your chart is looking good...you are a HOT girl!!! haha, what kind of thermo are you using..where'd you get..pretty sure I want a new one..I set my alarm 4 6am and then like 5 min later I'll re do it just to see and it seems to be LOWER than the 6am temp..??? I am pretty sure it's NOT supposed to do that, but think it was Saga that told me that some girls(her included) go down before they go up..and mine does that sometime..I'm looking forward to posting the BFP bright and squirrley !!!!!:hugs:

i got mine at walgreens it does'nt have the light which sucks but it does hold my temp cause when I temp Im to tired to get up and write it down but when I turn it back on again it flashes my temp before it goes back to the other weird number it flashes lol
Im totally confused with the charts myself but I think if your not preggo it goes back down right? you guys will have to let me know whats up with my after I o lol which is like 6 days I think :) I am really hot not sure if its cause im sick or if Im just normally that hot i guess the next few days will show me. I will talk to you in the am cant wait to see your chart and fx for your bfp

Okay, this is the best I could get it to come out on camera...it is just not showing up on film the way you can see it with the naked eye...but this is the best shot I got...It is SUPER light, I am telling you...you seriously have to look for the line...what do you think? Now do you see why I am iffy on this one. Tater, did you ever have ones THIS light???

Saga I can see a second line girl!! I think this is your :bfp::wohoo:!!!

Ooooooh Sag!:happydance: I hope this your BFP:baby:

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings for you:thumbup:

Tater, hopefully we're seeing an implantation dip on your chart:winkwink:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:flower:

You to Faith!!

Wow, I was off for a couple of days and everyone has been busy:dohh:

I forgot to mention my name is Susan. We are currently TTC TR #2. Like I said before we ended up using IUI with the help of fertility drug to conceive Emily due to our ages ( I am 38 and DH is 43) plus DH has a lower end of normal count and my blocked tube. They said we might beable to conceive on our own but it could take years:wacko:
We knew we wanted two children so we decided to rush things along and use help.
This time we are a little more laid back about and willing to just wait and see if we can conceive on our own.
We decided to try for about a year ( we started in Oct) and if by then we still haven't conceived we will go back to IUI again.

Its nice to meet you future and good luck on TTC TR baby #2!!!

Tater and momma what are you two ladies up to? Did I miss anything? Tater I read that Saga thinks your chart is showing implantaion maybe! That would be wonderful!!! Momma what cycle day are you on?

Tater and momma what are you two ladies up to? Did I miss anything? Tater I read that Saga thinks your chart is showing implantaion maybe! That would be wonderful!!! Momma what cycle day are you on?

Hey TTCmama!!!!
How's it going?!
Ummm, I definitely don't think she committed to that..no, but it IS a possibility...I'm really hoping and expecting that it'll go back up tomorrow!!! I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!
I was just reading a bit on using OPK's as an early detection to HPT's and I just POA(LH)S but it was completely negative..I felt AWFULLY strange around 5ish, but it's kinda going away, just headachey now...IDK...I'm doing my best at being hopefully, it may be starting to fade though,,,,but I SHOULD NOT let an LH strip STRIP me of my positive attitude..
You feeling good today girl??No more spotting??:hugs:

Hey TTCmama!!!!
How's it going?!
Ummm, I definitely don't think she committed to that..no, but it IS a possibility...I'm really hoping and expecting that it'll go back up tomorrow!!! I can't wait til tomorrow!!!!
I was just reading a bit on using OPK's as an early detection to HPT's and I just POA(LH)S but it was completely negative..I felt AWFULLY strange around 5ish, but it's kinda going away, just headachey now...IDK...I'm doing my best at being hopefully, it may be starting to fade though,,,,but I SHOULD NOT let an LH strip STRIP me of my positive attitude..

So are you testing tomorrow? I been a little nauseous,but not complaining it comes with pregnancy and that's fine with me. And I have had no more spotting!!

Hey TTCmama!!!!
How's it going?!

So are you testing tomorrow? I been a little nauseous,but not complaining it comes with pregnancy and that's fine with me. And I have had no more spotting!!

HORRAY:happydance: for no more spotting!! that makes me :)
Yeah, I got 5day early tests today, but they are the +/- ones and I HATE them and to boot they are blue dye..so I'm expecting to NOT be real excited...I can barely make myself NOT go take one now, but I only have 2 and don't wanna waste...I'm 10DPO tomorrow

Hey TTCmama!!!!
How's it going?!

HORRAY:happydance: for no more spotting!! that makes me :)
Yeah, I got 5day early tests today, but they are the +/- ones and I HATE them and to boot they are blue dye..so I'm expecting to NOT be real excited...I can barely make myself NOT go take one now, but I only have 2 and don't wanna waste...I'm 10DPO tomorrow

Thanks Tater! I sure hope you get your :bfp: tomorrow!! Well the hubby wants to watch a movie and I got get a few things done before we watch the movie. I'll be back on here sometime tomorrow after we get home from church. I'm sending tons of :dust: your way before you test tomorrow Tater! Have a good night and bye for now!!:hugs:

IUI is when the "wash" the :spermy: directly into the womb with a small tube. The idea is to help the strong :spermy:closer to the eggy sooner. Here in Canada there is no coverage for fertility treatments, but OHIP does pay for the blood work and U/S. It can be very pricey. I know between the TR and the two IUI's we spent close to $7 G's. I think IVF here is anywhere between 10 -15 G's per cycle:shock:

I am [-o< for you Sag, I took a peek and that sure looks like a :bfp: to me.

Tater, are you going to test today ? I have very little will-power not to test !
:dust:

TTCbaby, where are you in your cycle ?

Mommax3, :wave:

Has anyone thought about trying soya ? I have tried it this cycle and so far I have found that I OV'd two days sooner and I felt VERY crampy during OV. Other than that it has been the same.

TTC im so happy your having nausa I know that sounds weird but i always heard that having nausa is a good thing while pregnant whoot whoot!!!! Keep growing lil baby :)
Future what is soya? Im fairly new to using new things, this month im going to try the baking soda finger alot of woman get there bfp after using it :) so I figure why the hell not! Tater and sag hurry up and get on here with some great news!!!!!!
Faith how is smep going? today is cd 10 for me and it will be my second day of smep and first day of opk's come on O I want a baby!
Ps ladies: goooooooo!!!!!! Steelers !!!!!!!!!!

IUI is when the "wash" the :spermy: directly into the womb with a small tube. The idea is to help the strong :spermy:closer to the eggy sooner. Here in Canada there is no coverage for fertility treatments, but OHIP does pay for the blood work and U/S. It can be very pricey. I know between the TR and the two IUI's we spent close to $7 G's. I think IVF here is anywhere between 10 -15 G's per cycle:shock:

I am [-o< for you Sag, I took a peek and that sure looks like a :bfp: to me.

Tater, are you going to test today ? I have very little will-power not to test !
:dust:

TTCbaby, where are you in your cycle ?

Mommax3, :wave:

Has anyone thought about trying soya ? I have tried it this cycle and so far I have found that I OV'd two days sooner and I felt VERY crampy during OV. Other than that it has been the same.

Thanks, that's very informative!!!!!! I should have traveled to Canada then...my TR alone was $11,000...the HSG will be covered, and the SIS WAS covered and so was the blood work, but I'm not sure about that IUI...I HOPE..if it's something we need. I haven't ever heard of soya, or is that Soy isoflavins? I've heard of that, but never tried...this cycle I'm in right now DH and I did SMEP, OPK's, i started temping at the beginning of af and checking my CM daily....also I started baby aspirin, FO and Prenatals.
IVF is SOOO expensive for not being guaranteed..WOW...
loads of baby dust that you get your sticky bean WAY before Oct!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->