Trying to conceive! Month 18!

Thanks jurney, I'm going to see what happens this month and if no success it's off to the doc!:thumbup:

Today I am on CD18 and I got a positive OPK on CD16! I'm having some cramping now and it feels like Ov pains as its on my right side. I don't temp so don't know exactly when I Ov, should I count the day after the OPK turned positive as my 1dpo? not sure when to count from.

:hi:Hi jurney, that's the way I've counted it although I'm a bit in the dark with opt cos it's my first month of using them. Perhaps someone else can confirm whether we're counting right or not. :shrug::dust::dust:

Hey Toots3495 have you had any symptoms?

I am feeling quite positive this month but I'm scared that a :bfn: will affect me more this month seeing that I am on a high this month compared to others. I've been having some cramping but don't know whether it was related to Ov. I hate this 2ww as I seem to get all the symptoms and then I get a:bfn:

I really want a :bfp:

Hey jurney, how you feeling today? I've had a stinking cold for the last couple of days, started with a sore throat and developed from there. I've been feeling v sorry for myself! I had some weird cramping from fairly on but that's stopped now. I just don't know what to think this month, trying not to get hopes up but that's just impossible isn't it?!
When are you planning on testing? I've caved in a couple of times but it was to early so obviously got bfn!:growlmad:

Hey jurney, how you feeling today? I've had a stinking cold for the last couple of days, started with a sore throat and developed from there. I've been feeling v sorry for myself! I had some weird cramping from fairly on but that's stopped now. I just don't know what to think this month, trying not to get hopes up but that's just impossible isn't it?!
When are you planning on testing? I've caved in a couple of times but it was to early so obviously got bfn!:growlmad:

Well I have been quite positive these last few days but I'm scared that I'm going to come back down to earth with a huge thud when I get another BFN.

Today I am 3dpo (I think as I got a positive OPK on CD16 and today I am on CD 19). I've read that its too soon for symptoms. I've been having some cramping and pains quite low in my tummy but I'm thinking that I might have hurt myself with so much :sex: or they might have been Ov pains happening after I O'd. The cramps have almost gone now. My AF is due on 6th Oct.

I usually try to wait to test until at least the day after my period is due as I have already spent a fortune on OPKs and pregnancy tests. I have been TTC since Aug 09 so imagine how much I've spent. In the early months I used to do both OPK and sometimes even 2 pregnancy tests per cycle. Now I just do OPKs every few months so I can track when I Ov and I try to be patient and wait for AF to come before I do an early pregnancy test. Its going to be very difficult to wait especially as I have 2 pregnancy tests at home! I will probably end up testing a few days earlier.
Sometimes I find that waiting for AF is better because at least you have that hope up to when AF arrives whereas if you test earlier and get a :bfn: then you get low and on top of that you have to wait a few days for AF to come before you can start TTC again.

Toots3495 - what cycle day are you on today and when did you Ov?

Don't lose heart jurney cos it's still v early in your cycle. I've always been fairly good up until recently with testing cos they are so expensive and we can't afford to keep throwing money away on :bfn: results but then I found out about the cheap ones from amazon and there's been no stopping me!:dohh:
Af is due next Tuesday so I'm hoping I'll behave myself and not test till at least Sunday. Like you say at least during the 2ww there's always hope. I'm currently on cd21 which is 10dpo. I've struggled on and off with spotting before af which was making my lp shorter than I'd like so I've been taking vit b50 and so far (touch wood!) it seems to be helping. Keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on.

Hi Toots3495

Well today I'm on CD 24 and I'm slowly losing hope as I haven't noticed any symptoms : (
My AF is due on 6th Oct so I still have 6 days to go. I hope I don't buckle in and test before as I don't want to waste another test without the need to.

How about you? was your AF due yesterday? Did it arrive or did you test?

Hey jurney, unfortunately :witch: turned up a day early on Monday. I've booked to go to see the doctor next thurs cos I think this has gone on long enough now. It's gets you down doesn't it when you try to do everything right and get nowhere.
Just because you've got no symptoms doesn't mean it's over yet, you've still got a way to go. I thought I had symptoms and I didn't get anywhere so don't give up! It ain't over till :witch: knocks on your door!:hugs:

Jurney have you managed to resist testing or have you caved in?!

Jurney have you managed to resist testing or have you caved in?!

I have resisted and am resisting!! I am proud of myself! Doin't know how long it will last though. I might as well wait 2 more days to see if :witch: shows up. Going away on Thursday for a little break with my DH and dog as we really need it, especially if :witch: shows up on wednesday, I'm going to need all the distraction I can get.
I was thinking of giving TTC a break until January as we are quite fed up of all the stress of it. My doc said to carry on trying until we hit the year and a half mark which would be in January, and then go to see him again for more tests. Plus everyone (who wishes to give their opinion without being asked) insists that in order for me to get preggo I have to stop stressing about it and not think about it! I wish they would actually be helpful and tell me how exactly to go about doing that instead of just telling me to do it!
Sorry had to vent because I'm fed up of people telling me not to think about it and to stop stressing myself. They obviously have not gone through this, and when I react defensively they probably think I'm being touchy. I just try avoiding people at the moment for that same reason as I've turned into a babyzilla!

Hey jurney, unfortunately :witch: turned up a day early on Monday. I've booked to go to see the doctor next thurs cos I think this has gone on long enough now. It's gets you down doesn't it when you try to do everything right and get nowhere.
Just because you've got no symptoms doesn't mean it's over yet, you've still got a way to go. I thought I had symptoms and I didn't get anywhere so don't give up! It ain't over till :witch: knocks on your door!:hugs:

Oh so sorry to hear that.Doctor should start taking you seriously now that you've been TTC'ing for 18 months! Its so annoying that they don't take yous eriously until then and it makes me feel like I'm being to impatient.

Well done for not testing jurney:thumbup: are you getting any symptoms? A break away with oh and the dog will probably do you the world of good. Sometimes it's nice to get away. It's easier said than done isn't it not to stress over ttc. We decided not to tell anyone we're trying cos you always end up with opinions you don't want! I thought about suggesting a break from ttc to oh but I know it'd still always be at the back of my mind trying to :sex: at the right time etc so gonna keep plodding on! :hugs:

Well done for not testing jurney:thumbup: are you getting any symptoms? A break away with oh and the dog will probably do you the world of good. Sometimes it's nice to get away. It's easier said than done isn't it not to stress over ttc. We decided not to tell anyone we're trying cos you always end up with opinions you don't want! I thought about suggesting a break from ttc to oh but I know it'd still always be at the back of my mind trying to :sex: at the right time etc so gonna keep plodding on! :hugs:

Well I'm having a few cramps and I am in a bad mood but that's expected if AF is coming tommorow. Apart from that no more symptoms.
Originally I only told my mum we were TTC'ing but during these past few months lots of family and friends have been asking when we are having children and to stop them pestering us we told them we ha been trying for a while but have had no luck yet. Now they tend to tell me I need to relax for it to happen as I am known to stress and worry about anything and everything.

Hey Toots,
How are you? ive also been TTC for 2 years now! have you requested any tests or anything yet hope you are ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->