Trying to lose weight to help us conceive - 2013

Hey ladies, I so far have lost 5 lbs, and want to lose 5 more to reach my first goal. I go to the gym every 5 days for 1 hr then take a day off and so on. I mostly do cardio and Zumba. I only eat 3 meals a day, no snacks and wont eat anything past 8. I am doing it slow, 1 lb a week, to be healthy still and not starve myself. I also do enjoy some junk food here and there, mostly on weekends and on wknds I will not eat past 9. GL to all you ladies.

**I have also stopped drinking alcohol, especially beer. I keep a food journal as well.

The reasons why I want to lose weight:
-Be healthy (change my lifestyle to a healthier one)
-Not have to lose too much weight after I have baby (hoping to get pregnant soon)
-More energy (especially when kids come)
-Teach future kids to be healthy

Everyone is doing so good!!

I'm down 7.5. :) My goal is 25lbs total, so like 1.75 stone? haha :)

Hey ladies, I so far have lost 5 lbs, and want to lose 5 more to reach my first goal. I go to the gym every 5 days for 1 hr then take a day off and so on. I mostly do cardio and Zumba. I only eat 3 meals a day, no snacks and wont eat anything past 8. I am doing it slow, 1 lb a week, to be healthy still and not starve myself. I also do enjoy some junk food here and there, mostly on weekends and on wknds I will not eat past 9. GL to all you ladies.

**I have also stopped drinking alcohol, especially beer. I keep a food journal as well.

The reasons why I want to lose weight:
-Be healthy (change my lifestyle to a healthier one)
-Not have to lose too much weight after I have baby (hoping to get pregnant soon)
-More energy (especially when kids come)
-Teach future kids to be healthy

That is great! You have a great fitness plan. :thumbup: I think you will be able to lose 5 more pounds soon!:happydance:

Thx MomWife, I hope so too. After that, if I dont get pregnant (which I hope I do) I will start working on a little pack (6 pack is what I mean, but not like a man's one), lol, either that or lose 5 more lbs and then work on a pack. Depends on how I feel and how my body feels.

Cookie, how does your diet work? Is it all shakes? Do you eat anything in conjunction with the shakes? Good luck and keep up the good work. Hope your headache goes away.

The diet is shakes, soups, meal packs and bars, I get 4 a day and then on top of that have a milk allowance (for my tea, I can't survive without tea) and 200g of veg, but there is a specific list so can't just have any veg. The meal packs come in flavours like cottage pie and chicken curry...I would describe them as thick soups! Lol I had cottage pie last night, it wasn't too bad, think I'll try curry tonight. Really really tired today, I think partly its due to my son getting me up early alot recently and the diet. Need an early night I think.

Well done everyone on your losses!!! You are doing brilliantly!! xx

Everyone is doing an awesome job! I have to admit I "cheated" on my low carb eating style last night.. I was hungry and wanted raisin bran and milk. Seriously, who eats that to CHEAT?! I guess I do.. lame! :)

Cookie, that doesn't sound as bad as I originally thought haha! It would definitely be tough though! Good luck! Hopefully getting a little extra sleep helped you.

I am excited to say that we rode our bikes last night.. only for a little bit and with a lot of sweating and some huffing and puffing.. (Boy are we out of shape! lol but in our defense it is hot outside..), but we did it. And we don't feel too rough this morning SO he doesn't know it yet, but we are going again tonight for a little ride. Baby steps. :)

I'm also excited because I'm on the downhill side of my first really big big goal. I've lost a little over half! I've never lost this much weight in my life, and granted 34.2 pounds isn't a TON, but it's a pretty good sized chunk. I feel like every pound is a little closer to maybe being able to get pregnant. I got pregnant last time at anywhere between here and 5 pounds less (Yay! That means I've lost all but 5 pounds of my baby weight!! I am thrilled!)

If I do manage to get pregnant though, I'll stop trying to lose weight and add a few more carbs back in. That's what I did last time. My doctor told me I could continue to lose weight while I was pregnant, but I was afraid to do that intentionally.

That is a great amount to lose frsttimemama, you should be very proud of yourself...and so close to your pre preg weight!!

I've got about 21 lbs to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, I have been there a couple of times since I had my son, but I tend to get there and then the weight starts creeping back on, I think I stop trying abit too quickly.

If I manage to fall I really need to follow a healthy eating plan, there is one over here called Slimming World which I was following recently, its approved by midwives so I'd really need to join and do that to stop me gaining like I did in my pregnancy with my son...I put on 4 stone (56 lbs) and I was told off and sent to see a consultant. Oops!!!

Thank you! I also need to do a little better next time around to not gain so much.. but since my weight was not my problem last time, I'm not going to stress about it too much.

Yeh to be fair my weight gain didn't cause any problems...but what I didn't like was the fact that I avoided cameras, so there aren't really any pictures of me and my son cos I hated how fat I got. So for that reason I want to try not to gain too much next time, if there is a next time. On one hand I want to think positive but on the other I dont want to get my hopes up!

Me too, but next time I will not avoid cameras. Take our picture and document this baby I'm going to say! I have to be positive because I have no living children, and I can't imagine not having any.. so for my own wellbeing, I am going with "when" and not "if". Just praying when is soon!

I hope you get your bfp soon!! Its best to think positive, you will get your wish, you have to believe that. xx

That's what I keep telling myself. :) I'm ready to start trying. Hopefully the doctor will give me the go-ahead for sex this week.. the rest I'm leaving in God's hands. He brought us to this; He has GOT to & WILL bring us through this.

Hi ladies!

I've decided to take more proactive action! I've gone back to the Cambridge diet; I start tomorrow morning. I lost 18lb in 5 weeks doing it last year and only gained back 7lb in the last year since I stopped, even though I deserved to gain a lot more - I have been awful with my diet so far this year!

I want to get rid of some of this weight and then when I fall pregnant (if it ever happens!) I'm going to join slimming world to keep myself on track during pregnancy so that I don't gain loads!

Soooooooooooo I cheated today, had Mcdonalds for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner and skipped breakfast. But I do not feel as guilty since I have been doing sooooooo great for the past 5 weeks. Will be taking this week off since I am going camping, I might just run or something when I am there, swim on the lake maybe.

PinkDragonFly - I've done Cambridge before but decided this time to try Slim and Save, you get 4 packs a day plus 200g of veg and its abit cheaper. So far so good, I'm on day 3 and yes its hard going (as I'm sure you are fully aware the first week is the hardest) and I have a headache but I haven't been as hungry as I thought I would be. Always struggled with hunger but apparently consuming caffeine can stop ketosis so I am avoiding caffeine this week...probably why I'm so tired, and the headache might well be caffeine withdrawal. I conceived my son while on the Cambridge diet, I unfortunately put all my weight on while pregnant, but after I had him I lost it all (4 stone). Slim and Save is very similar but they seem to have more choice of products, so figured I'd give it a whirl.

MIZZYD - Good attitude, everyone has blips, give yourself some time off...the main thing is getting back on it, I think thats the key to losing weight.

As I said above I'm on day 3 on Slim and Save, I jumped on the scales this morning out of interest and apparently I've lost 6 lbs already...now I'm thinking that can't be right, so I'm going to wait til Monday now to weigh myself. The scales are only a few weeks old and have been very reliable though.

PinkDragonfly, what is the Cambridge Diet and what is Slimming World? Good luck! :)

MizzyD, I'm glad you don't feel guilty. You shouldn't. You can still eat out and still eat semi-healthy. It can definitely be really hard though. I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm almost to my goal, but we are not going to be home tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday. My husband has to go out of town for work, and I'm going with him. I'm just going to do the best I can.

Cookie, I say go with it! 6 pounds off is 6 pounds off. Scales are never wrong when they tell you that you've lost, only when you've gained! :)

I was SO craving chocolate yesterday and last night. I have no idea why. I've been doing really pretty good, and I haven't really had cravings since I started the low carb eating style. I didn't even really have many cravings when I was pregnant with the exception of in-season cantaloupe and watermelon. Weird. I had 2 little pieces, but then I just wanted more so it was a lose-lose situation. I have to say that I don't find this way of eating as hard as I originally thought I would when I started doing it last summer. I stopped when I got pregnant, but it wasn't very hard to hop back on the wagon a couple weeks ago. I am so hopeful that getting back to the weight I was pre-pregnancy will make things easier to get pregnant again. I'm anxious to see. Almost there! In the meantime, I'm just trying to take it day by day, enjoy time and doing things with my hubby and family, and enjoy life in general. It helps when I can be busy though.

frsttimemama - weightloss can only do good, so Im sure it will help you get pregnant again. I'll answer for PinkDragonFly, they are both diets we have over here in the UK, Slimming World is a diet plan, you follow a diet, go to class each week and get weighed, its quite a good one and they have 3 different plans that you can follow. I've done it before and you are allowed to do it while pregnant so if I do manage to get preggers I'll go back on Slimming World. Cambridge is very similar to Slim and Save which is what I am doing, they are meal replacement diets which are Very Low Carlorie, they are designed to send you into Ketosis to give fast weightloss. I lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks when I did the Cambridge diet, hoping for a similar weightloss this time.

Sounds like you have a good attitude with your diet, and sounds like you are doing well. Keep at it, and you'll get there. xxx

Ahhh i'm hungry and i dont usually eat between now and 4.30 i am also trying to keep drinking to the minimum because i am due to take a opk later, kill me now lol

Thanks! I understand. Slimming World sounds similar to our Weight Watchers maybe?

As weird or crazy as it sounds, I can usually talk myself out of about anything just by considering if it's going to taste as good or better than it will feel to get pregnant and hold a healthy baby in our arms.

Natalie, would chewing gum help?

I dont really have chewing gum i might get some though, i was ok i managed to hold off until tea time, now i think i may be having a chinese tomorrow night, hoping eating light and burning a couple of hundred calories will be ok. How are you all getting on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->