Trying to lose weight to help us conceive - 2013

Hey ladies! Lost 8 lbs this week! Pleased with that. :)

Goals for this week:

- keep up the drinking of water (been slacking this weekend)
- Get more active
- Stay off the scales (I end up jumping on them daily)

Thank you Jess!!

Oh and my opk looks almost positive, so hopefully will get a positive this afternoon. That's 5 days earlier than last cycle and I think it's down to the inositol (pregnitude to those in the states) xx

Welldone cookie thats great :)

As for me i gained 1lb but i did get positive opks saturday and yesterday and i took one last nyt and it was negative so i assume i ovulated yesterday, i think, this could be due to weightloss or first month off the pill :) x

That's fab Nat! That 1 lb gain will be gone in no time. Xx

Hi everyone :hi:

I was wondering if I could join in? My weight affects my cycles and now that I'm married and don't need to maintain my weight for dress fittings anymore I want to get cracking, get the weight going and start sorting my cycles out.

So this friday I'm going to get on the scales and get myself started on slimming world :)

Just wanted to say a massive well done to all of the weight lost so far, you should all be immensely proud of yourselves :hugs:

Ahh i got the darkest opk i have had so far so i havent ovulated yet but still on the right track :D xx

Ahh i got the darkest opk i have had so far so i havent ovulated yet but still on the right track :D xx

:happydance: hope it keeps getting darker

ETA that will teach me for getting excited and posting too soon lol, well done on the positive opks over the weekend :)

Great job to all of you ladies! It's hard work, but it will be well worth it in the end for all of us, I'm sure!!

So after being off the wagon about 3/4 of the way (not quite all the way, I tried to a least be a little good!) Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.. I gained 2.4 pounds. That's a 1.2 pound gain since last week. :( BUT I'm back on track, and it will be gone in no time, I'm sure. It's still an overall loss of 32.2 pounds so I can't be too upset.

I have to go to the grocery store later and pick up more good-for-me food. I've been hearing/seeing a lot of about a low glycemic index diet for those with PCOS. I'm not really sure what that consists of, but I'm going to look into it. Maybe I can pair it with the low carb eating style that I've taken up.. I'm not really sure! Any info or suggestions on it?

So in looking at low glycemic index diet plans, I'm thinking it will not go well with a lower-carbohydrate type eating style.. I'm nixing that idea. Going with Plan A on a lower carbohydrate type eating plan. Aiming for 100-120 grams of carbs per day, keeping it in the calorie range my calorie tracking app sets for me based on weight. I have noticed that if I don't have protein at meals, I'm STARVING! I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast yesterday, and it was all downhill from there. I was starving and ate all day long. Ugh!

Hope you ladies are doing better than I am this week! I haven't fallen off the wagon, but that scale has crept up a little more. I have no idea what's going on, but I surely don't like it much! :)

Keep up the good work!

I am doing ok so far. Bought the digital scale yesterday, been going to the gym (well I went yesterday and today). And I have not touched the candy that is up in the fridge.

Hi ladies!

Just had my weigh in and I've lost 6.5lb this week :) and 2inches from my waist :)

I'm really pleased with that, but this week is going to be more difficult - I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday, so will be off plan for most of the day :(

Hope everyone else is having a good week!

Well done PD, that is fab!!! Its really hard going off plan when you do something like Cambridge, I need to go off plan on the 17th for my hubbys Grans bday party (which is a 3 course meal at a hotel) so I'm just going to eat like everyone else as its a set meal we've had to choose from. Quite looking forward to it actually, although I know getting back on plan on Sunday will be hard, but I've got a wedding on the 31st August so that will keep me on plan as I want to lose abit by then.

frsttimemama - keep at it, sometimes weight can fluctuate so best to just weigh yourself once a week at the same time.

Mizzyd - well done on going to the gym, I really need to get more active.

xx

Nothing to report with me really, apart from getting my positive on an opk, I invested in a clear blue ovulation test and was very happy to see a smiley face, I only bought it yesterday so the test went straight to peak. If i conceive this month will be a waste of money, oh well a friend of mine plans to ttc in a couple of months so I'll give it to her.

Great job, PinkDragonfly! I was off my plan for about half of last week due to being out of town, and just ugh! I'm sure you will be fine, though!

Cookie, that is SO exciting!! Good luck! :) It's good to have a goal that will help you stay on track like that. And it's close so not like.. in 6 months I have this thing.. I think it keeps you more accountable that way.

MizzyD, you're doing awesome! Chocolate is my weakness! I don't have any in the house, and it's easier that way I feel.

I have not done so great on my goals for the week. It has rained yesterday and today, so that makes exercising difficult because I have been walking and riding bikes, so unless shopping counts?? If it does, I have got it covered for yesterday! Today is a new day though so hopefully I can be more successful today!

Wish me luck, girls! In 10 minutes, I'm off to the drs to chat about TTC and my hormone issues! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->