Trying to lose weight to help us conceive - 2013

Yes frsttimemama Slimming World is quite similar to Weight Watchers.

Well I'm on Day 4 of my Very Low Calorie Diet, its going ok, still feeling pretty hungry but I'm soldering through and focusing on that weigh in on Monday which I hope will be good.

Nat - Just try and make good choices at the chinese, an oyster or blackbean sauce is lower in calories, stay away from satay and sweet and sour type dishes, and all those that are covered in batter.

Frsttimemama, slimming world is similar to weight watchers. we have both here. But slimming world is recommended by midwives for pregnant ladies and weight watchers isn't, so that's why i'll do slimming world rather than weight watchers :)

Cookie - what are the slim and save meal packs like? I thought about it, but went with cambridge because I've done it before and knew I could stomach the meal packs. I was nervous about trying new ones in case. I didn't like them.

PinkDragonFly - The mealpacks are ok, there seems to be more choice, they do curry, chilli, spag bol, cheesey pasta etc - all of which are sachets you mix with water, and you are allowed 200g of veg a day plus 4 meal packs (which includes bars) I had a lemon bar today and it was really nice. I haven't tried that many yet, but I haven't had one yet that I think is yuk or anything, I think they are all alright. Last night I had spag bol and a pile of cabbage, the 200g you are allowed gives you alot of choice. I considered Cambridge again but I thought I need to do something different, its obviously very similar to Cambridge but because it is abit different I feel I'm starting afresh! I've done Cambridge 3 times, couldn't bring myself to go back a 4th time.

Just checking in with everyone! I'm down 11 total now! In two weeks. I think I should keep losing 5 or 6 a week for a couple more weeks until my body realizes and settles into a groove haha

Thats fab! Well done Jess! The weightloss is really going to help you. xx

I have not been doing very well the last 2 days. Hubby and I are out of town, staying in a hotel, eating out, etc. Not diet friendly at all. AT ALL. Lol. I'm ready to get home day after tomorrow and get back to business!

I'm relieved after having gone to the doctor yesterday. She said that everything looks good and if I'm not having regular cycles when I go back in September, she will give me Clomid to help. She said that I shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant again. Whew. Hope she is right! We shall see. :) Goal for the meantime is to keep trying, keep watching what I eat, keep exercising, and keep working on getting back to normal!

Hope it's going well for the rest of you!!

Getting back home from camp. Had a good time, but I ate so much and it was soo good. Did play volleyball, walked a lot, and swam. So not too bad.

Mizzyd - the exercise will definitely have helped.

Frsttimemama - it's so hard to diet when you are away, I struggle big time...in fact I never manage to stay on a diet when I go away, even if its just for one night.

I'm still plodding on on my diet, I do keep hopping on the scales and the weird thing is I lost a whopping 6 lbs in 2 days which is ridiculous and then in the 4 days since have only lost 1!!! Strange!! Obviously 7 lbs is great and official weigh in is Monday, be good if I can get another lb off by then. X

MizzyD, I agree that the exercise will help even it out. It'll be okay! :)

Great job, Cookie!! That is strange, but our bodies are strange creatures! Keep up the good work. It's tough, but you're doing a good job. It will be worth it in the end!

We are headed to go camping from hubby's work thing out of town now.. haha. I swear he's setting me up to gain weight! ;) Seriously though, I plan to be a little better today. We'll see how it works out for me, BUT at least I've only been eating 'til I'm full and stopping.. so hopefully that counts for something. Maybe this will shock my system again, and I'll drop oodles of pounds for a couple weeks.. a girl can only hope!

Well you can get back on the healthy eating when you are back, try not to worry about it too much while you are away. Have a great time x

I did bad last night! I ate 4 tacos around 10 p.m. but I did not go to sleep afterwards. I went to sleep around 1 a.m. I still have not been drinking any caffeine which is great for me. I am not going to get down on myself because hopefully when it stops raining here I will have some activities plan for my daughters and I will join in just to get the exercise.

We can do this ladies. We all might have that one bad day or week, but it is never too late to try again.

Hi girls!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :) sorry i haven't been around much - I started the Cambridge diet on Wednesday, but worked Wednesday and Thursday night, slept most of Friday and then worked a 13 hour shift yesterday! So I haven't really had much time to do anything but sleep and work! Lol.

I'm weighed myself when I got home yesterday (day 4) and I had lost 4.5lb, so that's good :) I weigh in on Wednesday morning, so hopefully I'll have lost a bit more by then :)

I also have an appointment with my dr on Wednesday afternoon to discuss TTC and my hormone imbalances, so hoping something good will come of that!

PD - How are you finding Cambridge this time? I'm going ok on Slim and Save but it's definitely not easy.

Stay strong girls!!

My weigh in day is tomorrow so I shall update then. X

I'm home.. and the scale is NOT my friend! Haha. A little disappointing considering how hard I worked to get here, but maybe it will shock my body into losing lots quick again for a little bit. I will get back to business tomorrow though, and it will be okay. It's HARD to eat healthy on the go with no refrigerator in your room I must say.

We have a vacation of camping coming up in a couple weeks, but on the bright side there is lots and LOTS of walking.. and we are taking our bikes, too. Hopefully it will even out! I know I can't let food and what I eat (or don't!) run my life, and I'm not going to. Losing our son and the entire experience myself reminded me of how short life can be and how important making the most of it is.. so I'm trying to do that! (And lose weight so I can get pregnant again at the same time!)

I'm doing ok so far, cookie. Mostly because I've been working so much that I haven't had chance to worry about eating lol. I'm on day 5 now, s I'm not hungry anymore. But I am a bit bored of the shakes. I prefer the pre-made shakes rather than the powder ones, but the powder ones are cheaper :(

I am thinking of getting a new digital scale, I hate having to look super carefully at the tiny lines of the scale I have and kinda guessing. So my weight my change. Planning on trying to hit the gym 2 hrs per day this week since I missed this whole last week.

Anybody have any specific plans/goals for the upcoming week? This is what I have in mind; we shall see how it goes! Good luck with all of your plans! :)

-- Drink at lest 100 ounces of water or lemon water every day.
-- Ride our bikes at least two nights
-- Walk at least two mornings (Not sure how it will work next week since I'm going back to work then and I highly doubt I will get up and exercise before work.. BUT I'll worry about it next week!)
-- Get back to a lower carb eating style
-- Figure out some arm & core exercises to do

I've done terrrrible this week. I haven't even hardly checked in here. I was doing so good.

Boo hoo :(

Well tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back on it!

-Cardio, be it swimming, walking, biking, etc, every other day.
-Keeping up with the Slow Carb life style. No bread, no rice, no pasta, no potato, no flour, no fruit, no dairy, no processed foods, no soda. Lots of veggies, legumes, and healthy organic meat. Mmm!

I start my first dose of Clomid tomorrow and I was really hoping to pair this month's Clomid dose with a good weight loss kick in the booty. Just for a double whammy on the ole PCOS.

How's everyone else doing?

-Buy new scale by Thursday
-Go to gym 2 hours everyday and just do cardio (whether it is zumba or a machine)
-Go back to eating healthy breakfast, lunch & dinner and 0 snacks
-Not eat anything past 8pm
-Of course drink nothing but water
-Continue writing meals on a journal

Good luck this week ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members