Trying, waiting, hoping

D thought I should message here for some advice ...
Although we're not trying anymore, we're not using protection either. Now, we're both realistic in the view that it's unlikely I'd get pregnant after 9 long years of trying.
HOWEVER, I'm currently on cycle day 21 and 5 or 6 days past ovulation. The past few days I've had mild cramps, very sore boobs (to the point that I wouldn't allow D near me!) and weird sensations in my tummy that I've never had before. Now, I'm aware symptoms don't start until implantation but D and I wondered if perhaps, by some miracle, these could all be good signs? I had mild cramping this morning too but the sore boobs seem to have gone - although I've noticed they have been getting worse in the evenings :confused: Usually I get mild cramps a day or two before my period, and never have sore boobs before my period. I'm also thinking it's extremely early to be having any kind of period related symptoms??
I'm trying not to symptom spotting and am not getting either of our hopes up, but D and I would be interested in some opinions.
Thank you!

Just having a catch up. I’d certainly say anything different to normal is potentially a good thing! Will be keeping everything crossed for you! :hugs:

Thank you!
D and I didn't want to ask my mum because we don't want to get her hopes up either. Waiting is so hard!

Just having a catch up. I’d certainly say anything different to normal is potentially a good thing! Will be keeping everything crossed for you! :hugs:

I guess I was thinking that the fact the sore boobs seems to have stopped (this morning at least) that maybe it wasn't a good sign after all. I've also had cycles with symptoms that were unusual for me that ended with my period showing Hate how your body does weird things! It's mostly the sensations in my tummy that I'm confused about. They're had to describe!

Yes anything different could be a good sign. Fingers crossed!

Today all the cramps have gone and my boobs are only sore if I press on them - although that's not typical round this part of my cycle. I'm slightly less gassy today than I've been in the past few days - though the gassiness has always been worse at night, which D isn't amused about! Last night and this morning I had a random sore throat which only really hurt when I swallowed but that seems to have almost gone now. Yesterday I felt sick most of the day and had some mild cramps and backache in the afternoon and evening. Yesterday my nipples were incredibly sensitive, but today they're not ... Yesterday I had a nap in the early evening and still went to bed before 10pm, and this morning I had a 2 hour nap which started about 2 hours after waking up!

None of this is typical for me but I also have no clue why any of these things would suddenly stop?
I have had cycles before with unusual symptoms and then my period showed up but I've never had a cycle quite like this!

Symptoms can come and go, it can be really confusing. I hope that you get a bfp soon!

Symptoms can come and go, it can be really confusing. I hope that you get a bfp soon!

Thank you! I didn't realise symptoms could come and go. Although we're not getting our hopes up, especially as I've had symptoms before and then my period came :( According to my BBT chart I ovulated either Monday or Tuesday of last week. I did some cheapie ovulation tests on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and they got lighter and lighter with Thursday being non existent but as I didn't test before that I'm not sure when I'd have got the peak. I only tested because I wanted to use up the last few tests. There's a small possibility I could have ovulated on the Sunday too, though that's doubtful as it would have been quite early. My last cycle was 27 days and I ovulated around day 16, so if I ovulated last Tuesday that would be the same (day 16) which would mean my period would be due this Sunday or Monday so I'll probably test around then if it doesn't show.

I have also been quite warm recently, although I've not had a temperature and this is very unusual for me!

Cycle day 26. I decided to take a pregnancy test because I've still got a few symptoms and feel quite sick. It was negative. My last cycle was 27 days long so I'm going to give it a couple more days and see if my period arrives and if not take another test then ...

Sorry the test was negative :hugs:. Good luck for your next one.

I'm about 11dpo - according to my BBT chart. Both yesterday and today I have quite clear, slippery cervical mucas. I really only get this the day before my period if D and I have made love (I tend to have a higher sex drive the day before my period :oops:). And my underwear has dried white patches that I assume is CM that I've not seen before, as well as wet looking patches that feel slightly damp which I assume is also from the watery cm? I feel quite wet down there :oops: and last night it felt like something was leaking and I actually thought my period had arrived but it hadn't.

I'm on cycle day 26 today and my BBT was pretty high this morning - 36.72°c. It's rarely that high usually but certainly not before my period. According to my apps my period is due either tomorrow or Monday.

My boobs are still sore, mostly if they are touched or pressed on with certain clothes, which is very unusual for me. I had a small amount of mild cramping yesterday that lasted a minute or two.

So far today I've not felt sick, but in the past few days the time I started feeling sick varied.

I've not had any headaches, which I tend to get in the days leading up to my period.

I'm not as tired today as I was the past few days.

Whilst I'm trying not to symptom spot I can't help notice each and every little thing! I guess I'm confused because all these symptoms the past few weeks are unusual for me, but they come and go so much that I think maybe my body is playing games. However I've had a cycle where I had a lot of unusual symptoms that ended with my period arriving so who knows!

Having checked all my apps, most are saying my period is due Monday - based on my last cycle which was 27 days where I ovulated around day 16. Two of my apps are saying that my period is due Friday, based on my longest cycles recently, which were 32 days.

According to my BBT I ovulated day 16 so I highly doubt this cycle would be 32 days as my usual length from ovulation to period day is around 12 or 13 days.

Would tomorrow (cycle day 28, but 12dpo) be too early to test? Or should I wait a few more days? If I test tomorrow would whatever the result is be likely to be accurate?

Wanted to add, I'm currently sitting here with the windows open, the heating off and in a strappy top and shorts because I'm really hot! D, bless him, has put an extra layer on because I won't let him turn the heating on right now! :devil:

I haven't told anyone in the family about all the symptoms I've had this cycle as I don't want to get their hopes up ...

Last edited:
Today's test was negative :(
I have a little bit of cramping, but not too much. My BBT dropped this morning, although it's still above my cover line. It did this a couple of days ago too and then shot right up again so I've no idea what's going on! I woke up extremely hot this morning, and was sweating like crazy. It also took me a while to actually get to sleep because I was hot and tossing and turning ...
At 8dpo my temperature dropped quite a lot. This is usual for me at 8dpo, however one of my apps changed that day to ovulation day, even though we're pretty sure I ovulated before then!
Because there is usually 12 days between ovulation and my period I'm expecting my period to come tomorrow. If it doesn't ill test again tomorrow I guess ...
This has been a weird cycle of symptoms! I still have very sore boobs which I never get before my period, as well as a few other symptoms.
D made pastries and hot chocolate for breakfast to cheer us both up after the test result this morning. We're going to spend the day relaxing I think. A part of me wants to call my Mum but I don't want to upset her, and until my period arrives it's not technically over so there's still a chance, although a pretty small chance. I just feel like D and I need someone to support us. But Mum might not understand why we're upset as we have already told the family we've officially stopped trying ...

I'm sorry it was negative :(
Fingers crossed for your next test.

That was sweet of your DH to cheer you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->