Trying, waiting, hoping

Well that was the shortest, lightest period I've ever had! :confused:
One of our younger nephews (aged 2) kept kissing my belly and saying "baby" today. I kept telling him there's no baby but he kept doing it so I've no idea if he's overheard his parents talking and misunderstood or something but it was very upsetting.

D and I have been talking and we're going to keep trying for now but if I'm not pregnant by Christmas we're going to take a break whilst we discuss and look into other options.

I’m so sorry about your nephew doing that. That must’ve been very upsetting :hugs:.

Hoping you get your bfp by Christmas :hugs:

That must have been so upsetting when your nephew was doing that :hugs:

That must have been so upsetting when your nephew was doing that :hugs:

I’m so sorry about your nephew doing that. That must’ve been very upsetting :hugs:.

Hoping you get your bfp by Christmas :hugs:

Yes it was quite upsetting though not as upsetting as D's brother who said that their older son had done that when his wife was pregnant and kept on asking if we were "completely sure" that I'm not pregnant. What was supposed to be a nice day celebrating a different nephew's birthday ended up with me bursting into tears and us having to leave. D spent the next hour apologising to me and ended up having an argument with his brother over the phone. Needless to say I'm left feeling once again like this is all my fault and that I'm causing problems with D's family, though D says that's not the case at all. I do know he'd spoken to his family before we turned up there today to let them know I wasn't pregnant and was feeling a little emotional (partly due to my period) and he felt that his brother should have known better than to keep going on about it.
Our nephew phoned before he went to bed asking if we didn't like him anymore because we didn't stay for his birthday, which made me even more upset. After we reassured that it wasn't anything to do with him he seemed happier but to think I've upset our nephew breaks my heart!
D has this week off work which is lovely but he said earlier if he wasn't on annual leave he'd be taking the time off anyway because he "is worried about me" :cloud9: I think we both need some time to rest and process the past few days, preferably without any family members around!

:hugs: can’t believe how insensitive his family sounds. Hope you get to rest and enjoy your time together <3

Hope you’re doing ok :hugs:

Thank you! I'm doing a little better now. D and I have spent a lovely couple of days together - without any family members to upset us! It's been lovely to have that time together, just us, and to really talk. We spent lots of quality time together and D really made me laugh which he later commented was something I've not done in a while :( We've both been less stressed too!
I also discovered that D doesn't like milk in his tea. We've been together all this time and yet I never knew that! To be fair he usually only drinks tea first thing in the morning as he is getting ready for work, when I'm either getting up myself or still asleep, so he makes the tea himself. The few times I have made him tea I've put milk in and he's drunk it - he said it was because he didn't want to hurt my feelings and I "make a good cup of tea anyhow" :confused: It just amazed me that I didn't know this about him!

Wow bless him! Can’t believe in all that time he never told you about the milk to spare your feelings!

Am glad you’ve had a nice couple of days. Sounds like the downtime and quality time to together was just what you needed.

Wow bless him! Can’t believe in all that time he never told you about the milk to spare your feelings!

Am glad you’ve had a nice couple of days. Sounds like the downtime and quality time to together was just what you needed.

I think secretly he does like milk in his tea but he just prefers it without! :haha: But I won't tell him that ;)

As we didn't do much last weekend for our anniversary D and I decided to do something this weekend. I'm not exactly sure what D has planned but I know we're going for a walk in the woods later and taking our friend's dog which will be fun!
D got up early this morning to cook breakfast! We never have a cooked breakfast so that was a lovely treat. He brought it up to me along with my favourite mug full of tea. I always find breakfast in bed tastes better than breakfast at the table, or maybe D just makes a really good breakfast! :rofl:
Although he gave me a single red rose last weekend for our anniversary, as is his little tradition, he gave me a bunch of red roses this morning too which made me feel guilty for not getting him anything as I gave him his gift last weekend!
Everything seems much brighter today - but maybe that's because I'm not on my period and so can enjoy our late anniversary celebrations better.
My parents called last night to insist on taking me out later today, which I suspect is D's doing to get me out of the way whilst he gets ready for whatever he has planned!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid] I hope you have a lovely weekend. I love walks in the woods :)

What a lovely breakfast. Your DH sounds awesome!

Aw hope you have a lovely weekend celebrating your anniversary. And you’re right. Breakfast in bed does taste better somehow!

We had a wonderful weekend last week!
Today I am on cycle day 16 so decided to take the ovulation tests as I supposedly ovulated around day 18 or 19 last cycle. The Clearblue test is on high fertility flashing face. The regular test however is extremely light! The middle stick in the picture is the test strip from the digital test abd the line on that is pretty light too. Clearly I'm not understanding how these lines work!
We've also been doing something new this month - BBT testing. I don't understand it at all as the dots are all over the place on the chart! :confused: Not sure how to upload the chart though so can't show you what I mean!
My sex drive is very high today :oops: though D doesn't mind!

Edit : Can only add a screenshot of my chart !

20200913_114535.jpg 20200913_115955.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like O is not too far off. I used to find my opks could darken surpisingly quickly over a few days. Fx’d for you!

Looks like O is not too far off. I used to find my opks could darken surpisingly quickly over a few days. Fx’d for you!

I hope so! Though last cycle I had a week of the flashing high faces before I got the peak, although the other tests weren't very dark!

Hey! I am using the same ovulation tests as you! Here is a picture of my line progression! Like you, although its a digital test I still analyze the lines after, too! It can definitely detect numerous high fertility days before it peaks up your peak. On those high days make sure you're doing the dance!! Then when you get your peak BD that day and the day after for sure. Our first time TTC with the tests this month so fingers crossed we get a :bfp:!! I sincerely hope you get yours soon, too!

Screenshot_20200913-080623_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->