Trying, waiting, hoping

Thanks both!
D had several animals growing up. We had just one dog, Mabel, who died when I was 3 and my parents never got another pet whilst my sister and I lived at home. They have a beautiful dog now, and three cats, and I miss having a pet! When D and I first moved into this house we had 2 bunnies who were rescues so no one really knew how old they were. D named them Sandwich and Cake (and was banned from naming any future pets! :haha:) and we had them about 3 years before they passed away. We were hoping to get a cat a few years ago but ended up not getting one after all.
Honestly if I let him D would already be dressing up for Halloween and handing out sweets! :D Good thing he's too old for trick or treating! He actually asked me if Halloween is cancelled this year if we can buy some sweets so he can eat them all himself ...

lol at the names, they're cute! :cloud9:

Sounds like D is excited for Halloween!

He's such a big kid!
We spent last Christmas at my parent's house. D woke me up at 5am, excitedly yelling "it's Christmas!" right in my face! Honestly you'd think he was a toddler! But as the rest of us wanted a lie in he did go help Mum with getting food ready. We usually spread gifts out through the day, but last year whilst we were out on our usual Christmas Day walk, Mum stayed behind, and when we got back she'd set up a little treasure hunt for everyone to find their gifts. D was more excited than my sister's children which was both hilarious and a little bewildering, and I'm sure my parent's neighbour's must have thought we'd gone mad or something! Of course, D did what all the children did, and found a little corner to put his gifts in when he found them, then sat down and opened them all at once! Sometimes I wonder if he grew up in Neverland! :rofl:

That's hilarious! :rofl: He sounds like a lot of fun :fool:

Aw your DH sounds great! Love a bit of embracing the inner child! I still get stupidly excited for Christmas and am normally the one begging to put the kids Xmas movies on and watching the Santa tracker :lol:

Aw your DH sounds great! Love a bit of embracing the inner child! I still get stupidly excited for Christmas and am normally the one begging to put the kids Xmas movies on and watching the Santa tracker :lol:

Sounds like you and D would get on well! :lol:
We don't do Santa in our house - we have St Nicholas Day earlier in December instead, which is very similar, so no Santa tracker for us. Probably a good thing otherwise D would be up all night watching it! We do occasionally do stocking as a couple of D's siblings do the whole Santa thing and do stockings for everyone. D and I sometimes use stockings for smaller gifts that might get lost under the tree, or for silly little gifts and treats, but the stockings are always from each other rather than Santa. Last year D put a beautiful necklace in my stocking with a little heart on it, along with a red rose :cloud9: a homemade cookie and a little envelope full of "I owe you" vouchers he'd made - these were things like a date at my favourite restaurant, a lie in, a day off doing chores etc. He said they didn't have an expiry date so I sometimes still use them. D, being D, however will often do things and tell me to keep the "voucher" for another time - for example one day I was really tired so tried to give him the one saying I got a day off from the chores, and he just handed it back to me, made me a cup of tea and told me to relax whilst he did the chores that day, so I'm not exactly sure when he meant for me to use them! :D

Sounds like you and D would get on well! :lol:
We don't do Santa in our house - we have St Nicholas Day earlier in December instead, which is very similar, so no Santa tracker for us. Probably a good thing otherwise D would be up all night watching it! We do occasionally do stocking as a couple of D's siblings do the whole Santa thing and do stockings for everyone. D and I sometimes use stockings for smaller gifts that might get lost under the tree, or for silly little gifts and treats, but the stockings are always from each other rather than Santa. Last year D put a beautiful necklace in my stocking with a little heart on it, along with a red rose :cloud9: a homemade cookie and a little envelope full of "I owe you" vouchers he'd made - these were things like a date at my favourite restaurant, a lie in, a day off doing chores etc. He said they didn't have an expiry date so I sometimes still use them. D, being D, however will often do things and tell me to keep the "voucher" for another time - for example one day I was really tired so tried to give him the one saying I got a day off from the chores, and he just handed it back to me, made me a cup of tea and told me to relax whilst he did the chores that day, so I'm not exactly sure when he meant for me to use them! :D

Aw that sounds so lovely. He sounds a sweetheart! <3

Cycle day 18. Got a peak (static smiley) on the digital test today, which seems to be around the same place as the past few cycles so I'm guessing my peak is always around day 18? The lines on the cheapie test I wouldn't say are the same, however seems to be the darkest I get when I get a peak ... I've uploaded the picture anyway.
D and I are going for a little walk in the park today. We were going to take a picnic but it's a little cold so he's promised hot chocolate when we return! And the house smells wonderful as he has been making soup and baking bread this morning so that'll be lovely to have for lunch on this cold day! I can smell cake too though he swears he's not baked cakes! Last time he said that's he'd made enough cakes to feed an army :rofl:

20201016_103255.jpg

Last edited:
Yay, good luck!

Sounds like the perfect plan for a cold day. Enjoy! Lol at the cakes! :haha:

Ah that sounded a perfect plan for a cold day. Hope you’re doing ok!

Today is cycle day 26. Obviously won't know for a bit if this month was for us but I'm symptom spotting like mad - and no symptoms at all really other than waking up each morning with a stuffy nose but I'm convinced that's to do with this cold weather!
D and I have been doing some Christmas shopping for all the nieces and nephews recently and whilst I usually love buying them all gifts, this year I've not been too excited about it. Maybe it's partly this year in general being a strange time, or maybe it's because I'd hoped we'd be either buying Christmas presents or preparing for a baby of our own ... My biggest wish this year would be to be able to tell our family on Christmas day that there was a new family member on the way but I'm not sure we'll get to do that :(
D is still preparing for Halloween! He's decorated the house (strictly nothing scary allowed!), and has already carved 3 pumpkins! He's baked countless cakes, cookies and pies. No idea who he's expecting to eat them all but the house constantly smells delicious and is so warm. My favourite thing about the cold weather is snuggling on the sofa in front of the fire!
No news on the possible dog front yet as we're still waiting until the rescue centers reopen. D and I firmly believe in adopting animals although one of our nephews has been trying to persuade us to buy a puppy! I think he's hoping we'll give in, but D and I would rather rescue an animal in need.
My Mum is teaching D to crochet - it's not going well :rofl: D gets just as frustrated as I do with it, which is the exact reason I can't crochet!
D and I had a family games night over video chat earlier this week. It was so strange. My Dad is very competitive and Mum and D had to tell him off several times for cheating - his excuse was he'd "had a couple of beers" :confused: I hadn't even noticed he was cheating! But it was lovely to catch up with everyone :)

I really hope you get your wish :hugs:.

Ah a house smelling of baked goods and decorated for Halloween sounds my ideal! Wish we had a fire to snuggle in front of, enjoy!

Hope the rescue centres reopen soon. Think I’m same as you guys I’d rather rescue than buy tbh.

Game night over video chat sounds fun!

A video chat games night is certainly stressful! But at least I got more snacks. D usually eats most of them with my Dad but as Dad wasn't in the room I was able to have a few more than usual. Mind you I did specifically buy some of my favourites, so I knew D would want to leave most of them for me, as well as some I really don't like so D could have them all to himself! :D Thanks for the idea Mum!

A video chat games night is certainly stressful! But at least I got more snacks. D usually eats most of them with my Dad but as Dad wasn't in the room I was able to have a few more than usual. Mind you I did specifically buy some of my favourites, so I knew D would want to leave most of them for me, as well as some I really don't like so D could have them all to himself! :D Thanks for the idea Mum!
Excellent idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->