TTC #1 After An Early MC...Buddies Needed

Hello all. I'm new to this site but was referred here by a friend of mine. She thought it would be theraputic and helpful to me right now & in the future. A week ago today, my husband & I miscarried naturally at 12 weeks. It was a very emotional and traumatic experience for the both of us. I was already in the hospital when it happened. I was very sick during the pregnancy for about 6 1/2 weeks. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum, I was spotting, had a chronic uti and I could not eat or hydrate myself. I lost somewhere between 15-20 lbs. I also had blood work done a week before we lost our baby and my blood work came back that my thyroid was showing that it was overactive. I have had a thyroid panel done before and it has never come back with an issue until I was pregnant. I was pregnant before this-I was young, newly married (I got married to my husband at 20 years old-he was in the Marines at this time and possibly deploying) and I was sick like this time and spotting like this time and because of that, the fact that I was so young, we were BROKE, my husband freaked out and was possibly deploying again and my family was on the other side of the country, we terminated it. Please do not judge me based on that. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it and I truely have never forgiven myself for it but at that time, I didn't know what to do. Years later, we decided to try again and we conceived late January 2012. I started to get very sick around 6 weeks and at 12 weeks we lost it. We are pretrified something is wrong because of the similarities between the 2 pregnancies & that this will happen again. We want a family very badly but are not ready to ttc again for awhile. It's hard to be around our friends right now especially when most of them are expecting or just had a child and we just lost ours. Have any of you had a similar experience and ended up having a healthy & successful pregnancy eventually? Right now, I think I just need hope that it will be ok and it will happen for us.
Am so so sorry for ur losses. Relax,been strong is d only help u can render ursef nw. I know a lot of women who had babies after MCs and abortions. A lot of women on this thread has gotten thr BFPs after thr MCs. We are all here for u.
Keep ur heads high,we are almost thr *hugs*

:blush:I just realized cancerlib autocorrected to cancerous on my last post... Sorry!!!

Hello, this is my first post here, just joined tonight.

A little about me... I had a natural m/c at 7 weeks in February. I had my scan on the 3rd Feb which showed I had mostly passed my baby and just had clotting left. It took nearly a week to get a scan from when the bleeding and pain started and it was agony physically and mentally waiting. I was a complete mess for weeks, and to be honest not much better now.

We decided to wait for one AF as advised by the hospital, and my cycle was only altered by one day (inc from 28 to 29). Last month we tried but no luck, which was much more upsetting than I expected it to be.

So now I am almost halfway through the 2ww, and I feel like a mad woman. I am fed up of wishing my life away and just want that bfp! I go on another forum, and in the last week there has been a crazy rush of bfp’s which I have found really difficult to watch. I know this sounds terrible but most of those ladies already have babies and I just feel like why should they get another when my one and only was taken away from me? I feel like a right moo just saying that but I can’t help feeling it.

I’m hoping being here will be better for me, as there seems to be more people in the same position, and who hopefully have similar feelings - it would be reassuring to know I’m not completely bonkers!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Im so sorry. After my mc on 2/11 it seems as though all I saw was pregnant women everyone!! I kept thinking that should be me. You aren't bonkers. how you are feeling is completely normal. I hope you get your sticky bean soon. everyone of us in this forum roots for one another. Sending lots of prayers, love, and :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: your way. Hang in there!! I am watching daily to check on my peeps in this forum to see how they are doing, and rooting for everyone daily.

Hope we all get our :bfp: soon! I know me and hubby cannot wait to start trying soon. I am already having a hard enough time waiting the 2 weeks to just dtd & feel connected with the hubby again!!!

MrsClark I see that your siggi says your 10 weeks now....time flew quick! It seems like yesterday that you announced your bfp news :) Hows the pregnancy going so far? any morning sickness? When do you get to find out the sex?

Afm-i believe i am about 3dpo and 2nd round of clomid went smoothly again with no side effects. I dont get to test until 5-4 but im trying to take the more relaxed approach this month.

Fx that this is your month, Hope! I'm attempting the more relaxed approach this cycle too, but I haven't o'd yet so we'll see how relaxed I am after that... :wacko:

Fx for u clomid chicks,hoping u both get ur BFPs dis cycle.
Bamagurl; same as me,waiting to start d BD'ing biz.
GL to us all

MrsClark I see that your siggi says your 10 weeks now....time flew quick! It seems like yesterday that you announced your bfp news :) Hows the pregnancy going so far? any morning sickness? When do you get to find out the sex?

Afm-i believe i am about 3dpo and 2nd round of clomid went smoothly again with no side effects. I dont get to test until 5-4 but im trying to take the more relaxed approach this month.
I wondered when I saw it too,how time flies. She's almost in her 2nd tri. Very soon we'll all get thr...yay!

Ahh thanks ladies for the lovely welcome!

It’s so nice to see other people who have been through the same as me so strong and positive - it’s a great inspiration.

I am currently trying to decide whether to buy some ic tests... I don’t know what to do though! Last month I was ok, but then when the witch got me it floored me. So this month I got OPK’s to try and help. I’m not sure how ‘obsessed’ I should allow myself to get at this stage.

I feel like if we fail again this month I will lose it. H seems to think it’s destiny as the day I ov’d this month was the day his nan died, so he thinks as one ends another begins. But he’s giving me false hope and building me up!!

How do you cope when AF arrives month after month? I’m not sure I can long term!

It's hard to cope with AF...but I just think to myself that if she doesn't show, AND you're not PG, that's even worse! So she's at least the sign of a normal cycle...

It's hard to cope with AF...but I just think to myself that if she doesn't show, AND you're not PG, that's even worse! So she's at least the sign of a normal cycle...

That makes perfect sense, but it’s no consolation for me :nope:

Its honestly bitter sweet between getting the witch or being preggers. I feel like i am scared to get preggers again only for the sake i will be a HUGE nutcase since i had back to back MC. I just wish things were easier...:wacko:

But i keep telling myself that once we get those sticky BFP, it will make us have that much more love for our little baby and have such a tight bond.

I love having the support from everyone on here. It really makes the process atleast tolerable :hugs:

Oh yea u r right, thou its nt easy but its better than AF nt showing at all.

HCG is finally below 5! im scared, excited, sad and nervous now! xxx

I want af to come so I can get things back on track but I also can't help but think that I would love not to have af come, would love to get pregnant before af comes though just because of the longing for it.

It has been a hard day today. It is the first "normal" day since we lost our little one. I had to go to school and hubby went back to work. It is getting better as the day goes on at least.

Cannot wait until all of us get our :bfp:

I want af to come so I can get things back on track but I also can't help but think that I would love not to have af come, would love to get pregnant before af comes though just because of the longing for it.

It has been a hard day today. It is the first "normal" day since we lost our little one. I had to go to school and hubby went back to work. It is getting better as the day goes on at least.

Cannot wait until all of us get our :bfp:

Im right there with ya! Waiting for AF feels worse than the 2ww!
I was contimplating about not waiting for a normal cycle and to just let it happen if it did....but i tried that last time and ended up MC again, so i feel like i really need to give my body a break...

I just feel bad that im not trying to give a baby a chance.... can it be May/June yet!!

Bama- how long are your cycles normally?

They had been running 30-33 days. So I am anxious because there is no telling how long it will take to get af....worried about it so I may just dtd and see where it gets us lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->