TTC #1 After An Early MC...Buddies Needed

hi girls, i am having one heck of a day. so last week i went in for my day21 tests and i called the docs office today for the results and of course he wasnt in. the nurse went over the results briefly in saying "good news is that your thyroid levels are fine and ok....but your progesterone is only 5.1 which means you didn't have a strong ovulation. above 14 is where we like to see it." my confusion comes in here: the cd 21 test is for those who have normal 28 day cycles and who ovulate on the 14th day. i ovulated 2 days later so why would my doc still have me take it on day 21 knowing my cycles range 31-42 days. ughhhh sorry for the rant, i just dont know what to do :(

Hope1409: Oh so sorry about that, are u on any fertility drugs?
Maybe you were tested too early. U can check this site out.
https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

Tested this AM, BFN:cry: is 12dpo too early? I think am out, waiting for AF to show up tonight/tomorrow:shrug:

awww im so sorry Cancerlib :( its not too late though as many dont have results until after 14dpo. will you keep testing or just wait a couple o days? :hugs:

Hope1409: Oh so sorry about that, are u on any fertility drugs?
Maybe you were tested too early. U can check this site out.
https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

Thanks for the link cancerlib. I feel like they did test me too early but?? Last month I was under so much stress that I ovulated 4 days after my LH surge, so I'm almost certain I ovulated on or after the 16th even though my surge was on the 14th. I'm giving the doctor until late afternoon to call me otherwise I am going to stalk that office for answers! :growlmad:

Sorry about your bfn, you are definitely not out until af shows. Stay hopeful!!

Hi Ladies:wacko:,
Am officially out this month,AF has showed:cry:.
Moving on to March.
Hoping to see BFPss from u ladies tho:happydance:

Sorry af got you cancerlib! i think mine is just around the corner too, ive been cramping all day today. an update on my lab results, the doc called me today and said he would put me on low dosage of clomid and i would get re-tested to see if clomid is helping. he says i do ovulate, but every month is different and because i have had irregular cycles for the past 2 years, he feels the low dose might help. im a little scared to take it but at the same time i am glad i got some answers and i am hoping i wont have to take it for long. maybe i will get my belated bday gift in march with a bfp :) i know nothing about clomid so now i have to spend my hours googling everything i can lol.

Sorry af got you cancerlib! i think mine is just around the corner too, ive been cramping all day today. an update on my lab results, the doc called me today and said he would put me on low dosage of clomid and i would get re-tested to see if clomid is helping. he says i do ovulate, but every month is different and because i have had irregular cycles for the past 2 years, he feels the low dose might help. im a little scared to take it but at the same time i am glad i got some answers and i am hoping i wont have to take it for long. maybe i will get my belated bday gift in march with a bfp :) i know nothing about clomid so now i have to spend my hours googling everything i can lol.
Thanx Hopeful. I am pretty regular and i O every month,if O pains and temp shift is anything to go by.
I thought of using Clomid after my MC but several people kicked against it that its not for people who are regular. Maybe i should talk to my doc about trying it this month to boost egg quality.
'Nyways keep me updated.

Sorry to hear that! I got similar news at the doctor yesterday, still no AF after my mc in January and when the doctor did an ultrasound he said my endometrial lining shows I haven't o'd. It also looks like i have PCOS. So he put me on Prometrium to induce a period and then he wants me to take Clomid. I don't know much about it either, but from what I've been able to find it seems like a fairly mild drug and doesn't have too bad of side effects.

yeah i am going to use opk...as of right now i am 6 days after my D&C (had early mc) and i must still have hcg levels in my system so i do not think opks are reliable right now as my pregnancy test still say pregnant; which is hard to stomach everytime i see it. (i also keep getting smiley faces) i heard of people getting pregnant 2 weeks or months after a M&C but that has to be with hcg levels below 5 right?

the day of the D&C, i was so out of it, i didnt ask any questions to my doctor!

Cancerlib- Let us know how testing goes! and of course best of luck!:thumbup: Im anxious and excited for you! As i have said somewhere in this thread of posts, I had a loss last month and then was beyond excited to have a BFP on 2/12!

Miss - that's great to hear that that's possible. I think that's the hardest part with dealing with the loss, is deciding if/when you're ready to try again. And I think the root of my hesitation and feeling "not ready" is that some part of me is afraid I'll never get a BFP that sticks. We're about 3 days away from O on my first cycle after my Feb loss, and I'm still trying to decide if I should wait it out or go for it again. It's such a big decision - I don't know that I could handle another loss!!!

Cancerlib - sorry to hear that AF got you :(

Josie - yeah your OPKs wont be reliable yet if HPTs say you are still pregnant. Are you charting or anything? thats how i knew my cycle was getting back on track, it took a few days longer than after a usual AF but i got there in the end. I had a natural MC though so not sure if that makes a difference?

Babyhopes - i didn't think i could ever face having sex again after MC but found that i needed to focus on TTC to help me move forward. that's a bit how i cope generally anyway though. I have had to try and make time to continue to process my loss as i thought i was okay but keep having wobbles every so often.

AFM - I think I finally Od yesterday as my temp has spiked today and resembles the same as it did last cycle in relation to OPKs yey!! not got my crosshairs yet but im hoping they will be here in a couple of days :)

:yipee:

Hi Ladies:wacko:,
Am officially out this month,AF has showed:cry:.
Moving on to March.
Hoping to see BFPss from u ladies tho:happydance:

I hate so bad that this happened to you- Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month- for an update on me I finally o'd on 2/26 exactly on time so the mc didnt mess my cycle up (probably because I was only 5 weeks) I bled for 9 days :wacko: and I would love a BFP this month but i wont know till around 3/12 as my cycle is 30 days - heaven help me this ttc and two ww is driving me nuts. :dohh:

:dust: to you cancerlib I hope march is our month :hugs::hugs::hugs:

i just had my DC a few days ago (thursday) i am going for my post op next monday to get testing for HCG levels. I didnt ask the doctor about how long it takes for the levels to go down. i heard drinking water is good. when did everyone start planning to ttc. We want to get pregnant right away but i do not know if opk are reliable?

I use the clearblue easy digital opk's and they are very very reliable :)

I hate so bad that this happened to you- Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month- for an update on me I finally o'd on 2/26 exactly on time so the mc didnt mess my cycle up (probably because I was only 5 weeks) I bled for 9 days :wacko: and I would love a BFP this month but i wont know till around 3/12 as my cycle is 30 days - heaven help me this ttc and two ww is driving me nuts. :dohh:

:dust: to you cancerlib I hope march is our month :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Thanx MrsClark. My AF is so heavier than normal AF that i wonder if its normal.
Still bleeding. Am starting clomid tomorrow. Doc says to help improve the egg quality. Am even scared cos i hate medications.
Babydust to us,hoping March is our month.

Hi Cancerlib, my doc put me on clomid for the same exact reason just the other day. My day 21 tests were very low on the progesterone so he told me to start clomid to strengthen ovulation since i ov on my own, just not as strong. I'm still waiting for af, she should be here any day now. This will be my first round of clomid 50mg. How many mg is yours and what cd are you taking them? I was nervous at first but now I can't wait cuz I feel like this is what we need to give our hormones that little push!

Hi Cancerlib, my doc put me on clomid for the same exact reason just the other day. My day 21 tests were very low on the progesterone so he told me to start clomid to strengthen ovulation since i ov on my own, just not as strong. I'm still waiting for af, she should be here any day now. This will be my first round of clomid 50mg. How many mg is yours and what cd are you taking them? I was nervous at first but now I can't wait cuz I feel like this is what we need to give our hormones that little push!
Oh yea, have read and heard so many success stories of clomid, hoping its true for us too,yay!!
Am taking 50mg, starting 5-9days.
Praying for it to be our miracle drug, lets get that infamous BFP in March! *happydance*

Oh yea, have read and heard so many success stories of clomid, hoping its true for us too,yay!!
Am taking 50mg, starting 5-9days.
Praying for it to be our miracle drug, lets get that infamous BFP in March! *happydance*

I really hope so! Getting a bfp in march would be the best belated bday gift in the world!!! My doc told me to take my clomid days 3-7. I wonder what the difference is? Yes I have read many success stories online too and really hope one round is all we will need :) :thumbup:

I really hope so! Getting a bfp in march would be the best belated bday gift in the world!!! My doc told me to take my clomid days 3-7. I wonder what the difference is? Yes I have read many success stories online too and really hope one round is all we will need :) :thumbup:
I really dont know what the difference is too, have asked around and nobody seems to know.
Am starting tonight,close to midnight (if thr's any S/E i'd love to sleep through it LOL). Ideally tonight will b CD4,i spotted 28th,full AF started 29th. But my doc said not to worry since i'll be using it at night. So i can say am doing CD4-8.
GL to us.

Will doc tell me when to take Clomid (what CD) or do I just decide that on my own? I'm taking Prometrium right now but then I'll be starting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->