TTC #1 clomid and Ovidrel

Just took an OPT... it was SO DARK that I had to post it.... :happydance:

thats awesome! My RE told me that if I do shot in morning, then I should BD that night and the next 2 nights too. Is that what you are doing? sooo exciting! Oh I hope you get your bfp this time.... just think positive.
yay! now, after you did the trigger shot, do they have you go back to the dr for an us or more bloodwork? i can't remember if my doc said i would need to do that, i just remember them saying a lot of testing before they tell me to take shot.

After I did the trigger shot the doc said the only thing for me to do is take a hpt 2 weeks after (oct 18) and that if it is positive to call them and THEN they will do a blood test... some people do go back in though and have their progesterone tested but he didnt seem to think that I would need to. I did the trigger Thursday night and we BD thurs and friday night and will tonight too. I wanted to this morning just to be sure but DH had to work at 7am and he doesnt function well till about 10am haha.
My positivity comes in waves... one minute (like right now) I am pumped up CONVINCED that it has to work this time... and then the next minute (like some yesterday) I am so afraid that it is for a lost cause and that it wont be my month. Either way my DH is overly supportive... telling me that it WILL happen for us and that we WILL have a family, whether its by us or adoption... he knows how bad I want to be a mom! But the doc is convinced he can make me work so I am just staying positive for now! DH is so sweet insisting that he goes to each and every fs appt. I am truly blessed to have married my soulmate!

Oh yea, I also took a mucinex last night first the first time to help with CM and it DEFINITELY made a difference!

Bluckycharmed, I hear you on the positive/negative thoughts. Just try to keep telling yourself, I WILL be a mom, I WILL have a healthy baby, and "if" it doesn't happen this round, thats ok, it WILL happen soon enough. I know thats crappy but its true. YOU WILL BE A MOM - and it will happen - try to continue to think positive. I know its sooo tough! Believe me, I can't wait to ttc again. and i'll be super bummed if I dont get a bfp. especially seeing we are going to do clomid/ovidrel.

be positive! and yay for you! you are soooooooo close.

im hoping AF starts this week Thurs/Fri and then im cd1 and then I can catch up to you guys! Im praying you both get your bfp's in the next few weeks and then I get mine shortly after you!!!

Grace- I swear the waiting to ttc is worse than the 2ww... I called my dr in April... had my 1st apt in June... because I had had some pains the day before, that they thought MAY have been me oing on my own, I had to wait a week a half then get prog test to say I had not... then they put me on provera and didn't get period for 2 weeks, then clomid didn't work and had to start with provera again... so since we decided to try... end of Apr, this is really the 1st time we have actually been able to try... if felt like it was never gonna even get to this point...

Staying positive is the only thing we can control... letting ourselves gets down only goes against us... I know easier said than done...

Baby dust for all

Grace- I swear the waiting to ttc is worse than the 2ww... I called my dr in April... had my 1st apt in June... because I had had some pains the day before, that they thought MAY have been me oing on my own, I had to wait a week a half then get prog test to say I had not... then they put me on provera and didn't get period for 2 weeks, then clomid didn't work and had to start with provera again... so since we decided to try... end of Apr, this is really the 1st time we have actually been able to try... if felt like it was never gonna even get to this point...

Staying positive is the only thing we can control... letting ourselves gets down only goes against us... I know easier said than done...

Baby dust for all

ughhhh i can't believe you went through that! sucks! so this is really your first real cycle trying then? interesting. My story is sort of the same, not sure if i mentioned it before but I was waiting to O or for AF for 6 months and nothing. so i finally went to RE and after tons of testing, she finally decided to do a round of provera and then clomid. I took the provera and then no AF, finally after 5 days with no AF i took a pregnancy test and got my bfp. Yup, I O'd and got pregnant while taking the provera, WHAT A CRAZY THING! sadly it ended being ectopic but I guess im just sharing to let you know i can relate to waiting forever to ttc. Its funny because as you guys know I am waiting for AF to start and that will be cd1, but I have been waiting for AF forever. as before i hadn't had one in 6 months and then got bfp before it ever came.

anyway, you are right, being positive is all we have! and we are all going through this together and we are going to support eachother through this. Not only through the ttc cycles but then during our pregnancies too! hopefully we all get bfp's this time and then we are all preg. together to support eachother, but even if not, even if one of us doesn't get bfp "this" time, it will happen for all of us and we will have our healthy little ones. I just know it! positive thoughts and hugs to both of you!!!:hugs:

I can relate to you two with TTC... My DH and I started in september of last year but when I came off of bc in August I never had a period so I did about 4 cycles of provera to start a period, clomid to help ov but ultrasounds kept confirming that my follicles were not responding to the clomid so we did femera and they still didnt respond to that either... we took a few months off of the medicines and I was using a progesterone cream to start my cycles but still never ovulating. In August I had laparoscopic d&c to check my tubes and ovarian drilling done on my ovaries to stimulate them... 20 days after the surgery I ovulated for the first time (that I know of) and 34 days after the surgery I started af all by myself and felt so good about it! So here I am now... 2nd cycle after surgery and PRAYING that this might be it for us... we both want a little one SO BAD we cant stand it! We have already started a nursery!

Now that I am in my tww, there is NO WAY that I am going to be able to wait the 2 weeks! I am going to test every other day with my ic hpts until the hcg is out of my system then probably next weekend (if they ic's go neg) I will start with FRERs to see if it worked!

Wow - so all 3 of us have been through quite a journey already !
I'm praying you both get your bfp's!! And that your little ones are in the right spot and stick!

DH and I painted our nursery too! It's so crazy ! And if course like you guys, everyone around us is having babies.....

I didn't realize the ovidrel will give you a positive preg test but I guess that makes sense seeing its hcg right?

Yea the hcg trigger will give false opks and hpts... Some things I've read say it stays in 5-7 days and some people have said 13-14 days! I tested thus morning with an IC and it was a super faint positive so I think it's almost gone and I am 4 days past trigger... Which means if I conceived I can get my BFP as soon as this weekend!! Saturday is our 3 month wedding anniv so that would be the BEST bc then I can do something special for my DH... That would be 9 DPT which is still super early but that's the soonest I e seen others get their BFPs.

I have the crib that me, my bro, and sis were in as babies so its like 27 years old and we just got done refinishing it and updating it for our future baby... I will post pics of that and the nursery we painted in a few.

I really enjoy talking to y'all, and think it would be awesome if we all got our BFP this cycle!!

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums...5-A8E4-DA634F37BE43-3004-0000023166769546.jpg

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums...F-B5C1-EF10A2A68140-3004-00000231710A0D4E.jpg

Let me know if those work. It's the before and after pics of the crib we did.

wow the crib looks awesome! so cool! yes 9 dpo is very early but i have seen some women get a line at that point, just try to remember that if you DONT get a line it doesn't mean you are not pregnant. some women dont get that 2nd line until 15 dpo so each woman and each pregnancy is different.

when are you due to go back to the doctor, OR are you just supposed to call when you get bfp?

ps im sure my AF is coming, I have aweful aweful cramps and i have brownish/red when I wipe, sorry TMI>

They put me on the pill for 3 weeks so they can know the exact timing of AF> I finish on thursday but it feels like my body is trying to do AF now. My cramps are killing me!
I think maybe I'll call RE tomorrow and see if they want me to keep taking pills til Thursday or if they want me to stop the pills now and just let her come. THey will probably just tell me to take til they are done but i have NO PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I can't wait to be on cd1, i can't wait to take my clomid and trigger and get to bding!
I am so excited for you both and hope you get your bfps soon. yay!

For me, I need to work on my patience as I have about 20-25 days until my time is here.
and thats ok, i need to keep telling myself (like i tell you). when its meant to be - it will.

Grace I am supposed to call when A. I get my BFP (oct 18th they said) so I can go in for a blood test or B. When af comes so we can decide what to do next. We decided that if this cycle doesnt work that we are only going to do clomid next cycle bc the trigger and u/s are so expensive for us. We spent about $650 this month between the u/s and trigger and that is just a little much for us right now.

Let me know what the doc says about the bc whether he wants you to stop taking it or not... just curious to know.

I need to work on my patience too but that is something I have NEVER been able to control. I am the most impatient person I know and with ttc it is even WORSE... my dh just says to wait until the 18th like the doc said to test but I think he must be CRAZY there is no way to wait. haha. thankfully midterms are coming up so I am trying to stay preoccupied by studying.

Grace I am supposed to call when A. I get my BFP (oct 18th they said) so I can go in for a blood test or B. When af comes so we can decide what to do next. We decided that if this cycle doesnt work that we are only going to do clomid next cycle bc the trigger and u/s are so expensive for us. We spent about $650 this month between the u/s and trigger and that is just a little much for us right now.

Let me know what the doc says about the bc whether he wants you to stop taking it or not... just curious to know.

I need to work on my patience too but that is something I have NEVER been able to control. I am the most impatient person I know and with ttc it is even WORSE... my dh just says to wait until the 18th like the doc said to test but I think he must be CRAZY there is no way to wait. haha. thankfully midterms are coming up so I am trying to stay preoccupied by studying.

I bought a pack on wondfo's from amazon so I can poas as much as I want. Its so tough cuz you dont wanna test early and get dissappointed with 1 line but on the other hand, its hard to wait. OMG i can't believe you guys had to pay $650 for ovidrel and US> I am so so thankful that my insurance covers everything, even IVF (if needed). My husband already told me that we could not afford to pay for treatment so Im so lucky we dont have to pay out of pocket. NOt sure if he would change his mind if it was our only option, maybe for a few hundred but definitly nothing crazy. $650 is a lot so I totally understand your wanting to take a break or at least just do clomid without US and Ovidrel.

Well, just try to stay positive, and it will happen, maybe even this cycle. I bought some positive fertility meditation cd's to listen to at night. they help me, i also got them on amazon. Maybe check them out. Oh there is also a fertility meditation on youtube that i like to listen to a lot at night. maybe find that and you can listen to that for now. its about 30 minutes. I usually fall asleep 5 min in.

I bought a bunch of ICs too to test whenever I want but from what I've heard they are garbage so I am just using them til the trigger is gone... Then maybe this weekend but midweek I will switch to the FRERs since they are supposed to be more accurate. I have a digital stashed too in case I ever get a faint on a FRER. What do those meditation CDs do for you? What are they supposed to help?

TTC is so lonely! I talk to my best friend about it but she doesn't really understand, all she can say is it'll happen when I'm not trying and I HATE that response... She's a nurse so she understands all the stuff I am doing, but she doesn't really grasp the intensity of the situation.

I dont think anyone can really "get it". I mean most woman, get pregnant without even trying. and then those that do try, try once and thats it. and go on to have a healthy baby - with no problems.

I am totally with you and my DH tries to tell me the same thing, it will happen when its meant to be. He says I like to RUSH things, Im like helloooooooo! I am 36 and will be 37 when I deliver if we conceive soon. Its tough, especially after a loss. OY.

The medication cd's - for me they help me try to focus on the positive and try to relax, I NEED to focus on the positive, I NEED it to keep me sane. I do believe the mind over matter thing is huge and I also want to do everythign i can to "help" my situation.

I dont know if they really help, kind of like the softcups, but im doign whatever i can.

TTC is very lonely though, my bff has two kids, easily conceived, my sister has one and she tried once and got bfp. No one I know has lost one so that makes it even tougher. BUT, at least we have this site and this thread and its helping.

Im very glad to have you guys to talk with ESPECIALLY seeing all 3 of us are on the same "treatment" plan. I just wish i could freakin start already!!! LOL

I know all about trying stuff not knowing if it helps but trying it bc you know it wont hurt and that is EXACTLY the case with soft cups! On the bright side with softcups we dont have to stay still or hang upsidedown after BD...bahaha...

You said you have insurance that covers this fertility stuff... We have decent insurance but it doesnt cover this... where do you live? In the US?

I think what bothers me the most about other women that are pg or have babies is the abundance of people with "accidents" or parents who abuse their kids or KIDS who have KIDS! I know that being blessed with a baby isnt based on who deserves it, but if it was then I think our society would be really different. blah. A friend of mind had her tubes tied and has still had 2 tubal pregnancies.. they didnt make it (which really sux) but that is someone who CLEARLY does not want to have any more kids and gets pg at the drop of a hat.

Okay I am done with my rant! Just something that is on my mind whenever I am in public and see what appear to be inadequate parents.

Bluckeycharmed- we are in MA... fortunately MA requires insurances to cover some fertility treaments... I personally think all insurances should be required regardless of where you live.

I totally understand what your saying about some people getting pregnant so easily... especially some that shouldn't... as we speak my bfs sister is in a halfway houjse drug program-heroine... she has 2 kids, one she lost yrs ago to the dad and only sees occassionally...her youngest is 2 in which my bfs mom has temp custody and we are helping to take care of... anyways it totally frustrates me how some people don't understand how precious of a gift it is and completely take it for granted... ugggggg!

Anyways have you had any cramping since the shot? I had severe cramps ~36 hrs after...they lessened as time went on but I could feel it for 2-3 days... then last few days some twinges and af like cramps...

Grace- I hope af comes very soon... a friend od mine had an ectopis preg back in Mar... it was very tough on her... she has 1 child from her ex and current bf doesn't want kids... this was an accident... anyways she was also dealing with the knowledge she may never have another...

Its such an emotional/mental/physical rollercoaster. I don't think some people really understand how much it all effects us... some try... but don't get it...

Anyways atleast we have this page and can be support to each other...

agreed. at least we can support eachother. for support here.

I work at a hospital and one of my NP's was telling me a story a few years ago when she was pregnant with her youngest, She was about 8 months preg and still working, she had a lot of complications and was a pt in our hospital herself a lot. Anyway, that day a trauma came in, it was a "frequent flyer" we call them, a woman that was always in for drugs or alcohol, anyway she had been in a car accident while under the influence. She was also 8 months pregnant. As this NP and the doctor were taking care of this lady the doctor said to the NP "isn't it messed up how this patients baby will probably be just fine" and here you are 8 months along also and having all these complications?.

Its just the way life goes i guess......... and we just never know. We really dont.
You can get a bfp and lose it at 5 weeks, or 12 weeks or 30 weeks! and then the crack head next door can have multiple healthy pregnancies. You just never know.

It stinks but you just need to be thankful for what you have and think positive and hope for the best. what other choice do we have really?

OK ENOUGH RANTING AND NEGATIVE.........now lets get back to positive thinking ladies!

We are going to get our bfp's and WE ARE going to become mommas to healthy little ones!

anyway! AF is coming, i am cramping badly and spotting today! I called RE"s office to see if they want me to keep taking my pills. I finish on Thursday so I have 3 more night to take them (tue, wed, thrs,) but to me it seems like they are stopping AF from fully starting when its obvious she is ready.
We will see what they say when they call me back.

Dopey I definitely think that insurances should offer SOME kind of coverage no matter where you are! I mean if I have to pay for someones food stamps and healthcare via taxes, someone should at least cover a portion of my fs!

I didnt really have any cramping after the shot, but I did have about 3 days of nausea... pretty bad too:sick:, but I never got sick. I kept thinking "if this is what morning sickness feels like then DAMN"... but I know it will all be worth it in the end. I will take a SOLID 9 months of morning sickness, back pain, and misery if it means that I can be a mother.:thumbup: I do still have a ripe bruise on my tummy from where I did the trigger (5 days ago now).

Dopey there is NO other way to describe it other than an emotional rollercoaster!! But like you, I am beyond thankful to have this thread. I am part of a few others, but I like this one the best! :winkwink:

Grace that is crazy about the crack head! What do you do in the hospital? I am current in school so that I can be a Surgical Technologist. As a matter of fact, I took the HOBET exam last night which pretty much exempts me from many of the basic courses ...and I PASSED! Super excited! I will be talking to my advisor about getting into the program asap!

This is the start of a second career for me. I worked retail management for 7 years and decided that with all of those hours, it is not the schedule that I want when I become a mom. Guess its never too late to change :shrug:

Anywho, hope yall have a great day! I took another IC this am and the trigger is STILL lingering around :growlmad: but some women have it in their system for 13 days!! I just hope that is not me!! On a better note, my FF chart added crosshairs this am (which I always like to see!)

Okay sorry for babbling so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"