TTC #1 clomid and Ovidrel

Hi guys
HELP!! :wacko:
So I spoke to RE's office and told them about AF wanting to start. They said I MUST continue to take my pills til Thursday when they are gone. Then they said they are still waiting for my insurance to send "prior approval" for this cycle and IF the insurance doesn't send it approval then I can't start my cycle because they can't order the medications without prior approval :nope:

Soooooo, they said if that is the case then they want me to start ANOTHER pack of pills and keep taking them until we get the approval.!!! :saywhat:
OMG

really not happy about this! I mean, i guess its good its covered but WTF.
So what do I do now? when I met with RE she said I could "just" do clomid on my own with OPK's OR I could do the medicated/monitored cycle, so I opted for the medicated/monitored cycle but nowwwwwwwwwwww this :dohh:

Im ready now........ what would you guys do??? :shrug:

wait OR call RE and just do clomid alone? :wacko:

Personally I would do the clomid by itself... I mean cant you start the clomid and then insurance can kick in when they approve it or do they have to approve it starting CD1? I am not sure... If there isnt an approval by about Friday or Monday at the latest I would personally do the clomid by itself...but every day is precious to me and waiting (as it is now) would KILL me. :hugs: let me know what you decide.

Personally I would do the clomid by itself... I mean cant you start the clomid and then insurance can kick in when they approve it or do they have to approve it starting CD1? I am not sure... If there isnt an approval by about Friday or Monday at the latest I would personally do the clomid by itself...but every day is precious to me and waiting (as it is now) would KILL me. :hugs: let me know what you decide.

Im with you, I think im going to call RE's office and let them know. I mean, i dont NEED the stupid approval to take clomid, so wtf. Just let me get AF and take clomid on my own. I dont want to keep taking the birth control to prevent my body from starting AF. I really dont. It just seems wierd to me?:wacko::nope:

soooo I think i'll just call and tell them that IF the approval isn't in, i'll just do it by itself without the monitoring this cycle.
I AM READY!!!!!!!!! LOL :growlmad: I mean, :happydance:
LOL

RE's office just called. Cycle is approved by insurance! Woohooo
I'm certain cd1 will b Friday as af is trying so hard to come!

That's great news grace!! So you are doing the clomid and trigger this cycle then??

I am 4 DPO and have LOADS of creamy cm (sorry if tmi)... I don't know if it means anything but I have NEVER Had this amount before... I read that some people have it if they are pg esp if it turns yellow over the next day or so but i dunno. I'm gonna try to not get too excited as I could be symptom spotting (which I don't usually so).... Fx regardless!

Yes I'm doing clomid and ovidrel! Clomid 100 starts cd3 and then I think I go in on cd12 for US and then they'll tell me when to do shot! Yay!

I'm catching up. You might get implantation spotting (or not) every woman and preg is different !
Yay 4dpo is awesome! So you can test in 6 days or so!!!

Fx for you.

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums...C-BFA9-3A604193AAE2-1088-0000012E64E88600.jpg

There's a pic of my hpts the past couple days... Still waiting for them to go completely negative. I can't test until they go neg. hopefully they go neg soon!!

:happydance:
https://i190.photobucket.com/albums...C-BFA9-3A604193AAE2-1088-0000012E64E88600.jpg

There's a pic of my hpts the past couple days... Still waiting for them to go completely negative. I can't test until they go neg. hopefully they go neg soon!!

Nice looking good. faiding away and then you can wait 4/5 days and then you can test again and hope for 2 lines!! :happydance:

so exciting!

I can't wait til friday. positive thoughts to all!

I don't wanna hafta wait 4-5 days after that!! It'll kill me!!

Lmao patience girl!!! Lol pah ha ha

I'm laughing because I am going to be the exact sane way in a few weeks!! So when it's my turn you can tell me the same thing !

Don't you worry I'll make sure to tell you to hold your horses!!!

Omg work is dreadfully slow and I left my study guide for my test tomorrow at home and I am DYING with boredom!!!

blucky, i meant to say congrats on passing that test you mentioned! good job.
I hope your work day goes quicker today. Mine will probably drag too. I remember when I got my bfp I would get my beta checked - so i would go at 7am for blood draw and then I had to wait for the RE to call me later that day with the results. They would usually call "around" 2-330pm. OMG those days were the LONGEST OF MY LIFE! LMAO!
I would die. Lets hope this time around I handle the waiting a little better as I know I'll need to go through the same process. Bfp, then blood tests every 3 days to see if beta rises appropriately, then once over 1000-1500 we will do US to make sure baby is in right spot! Oh boy. Its ALL WORTH IT THROUGH -

Right now, i just can't wait for Friday, I know i keep saying this but i HATE taking these stupid pills. I know I just have today and tomorrow left *(thank god) but I totally feel like they are preventing my body and AF from starting now. Actually I KNOW they are.

Oh well, gotta do what the RE says and be a good patient. LOL

how are you guys? and where's dope?

I dunno where dopey is :shrug: maybe she has a life... Lol just kidding!
I actually don't work today I just have a test in psychology and biology then I intend on going home and getting back in bed! I was up til after 2am studying and somehow still don't feel prepared. I only work part time anywhere from 3-4 days a week... Anything more than that interferes with my schooling.

I can't imagine the wait for test and u/s once I finally get my BFP... But right now I guess I just gotta get there first.

I'm on the fence about this cycle.... It's the best chance we have had of getting pregnant but I'm still so scared it didn't work... I am 5dpo today and the only 2 symptoms I have are tender nipples and loads of creamy cm. my nipples almost NEVER get tender bc I had a reduction a few years ago and lost a lot of feeling in my chest.

Who knows.... I'm still trying to stay positive... After my tests my DH and I have the day off and we are going to work on this nifts dresser/changing table that we built. Ill have to send pics when we finish. Hope you have a great day!

ok girl here is a question. now dont think im crazy ok? :haha:
But, as you know AF is trying to come, REALLY trying and my cramps are so painful. So, I have 2 pills left tonight and tomorrow. Im certain that the pills are stopping AF from really starting...
sooooooooooooo
Im thinking I might take todays and the NOT take tomorrow's and just let AF come. OR maybe even not take either and let her come. MY GOD - its just feels so wierd that she's trying to start and taking the "active" pills are preventing it.

Its stupid, im just so impatient, I mean i could just take them and then probably wont start AF til saturday but im ready now.........im thinking its wont hurt to stop now, it would only hurt if i were trying to PREVENT pregnancy and obviously im not doing that. :wacko:

so, my drs office knows that tomorrow is my last pill. so i think i'll take it today and "say" i took it tomorrow but i wont. that way AF can really start on friday.

what do you think? am im nuts? :dohh: hubby would kill me if he knew. LOL
I know im crazy and what does 1 day make? but i can't help it! :haha::blush:

I have to laugh at myself, because at the top of this page - the first post is me telling YOU to have patience. and here i am asking if i can change my meds because i can't wait ONE day. LMAO

Grace- Yes vaginal.. I go in for a baseline us on day 3 of cycle, then once they call and say all is well I start clomid (that night), then I go back cd for follicle ck us on cd10, this time I had 2 11.5 and 15mm, so went back a couple days later and they were 17 & 18mm I took shot next night and then yes we did the bd last couple of days... this is cd 16 for me. But they monitor my follicles too ensure that its working and to allow for timed bding...

I think I ovulated this morning... so fingers crossed!! Def hoping for a bfp! I hope thing go well for your cycle... keep me posted!

Where in MA are you?

Thanks for sharing the specifics of your cycle, this helps me mentally prep a bit as Im sure it will be very similar for me. I am supposed to get AF next Friday or so- so that will be cd1 and then I start clomid cd3 i think, they said to call on cd1 for instructions, they also mentioned going in for us to check follicles - and then they will tell me when to do ovidrel, so very similar to you. yay! im so glad you are going through this too! and exactly the same stuff, 100clomid and ovidrel too. it SOOO helps me! :happydance:
om cd16! thats great! Oh I hope you O'd. Are you using instead softcups? i used them when I got my bfp, not sure if they helped or made any difference at all but Im definitly going to use them again so i thought i would mention it. I forgot - did you say you have any children already?
My DH's family has a nasty habit of stalking me online and no one knows we are ttc yet so i'd rather not say (here) where i live. I can pm you if you want.

I saw your post and had to comment that I too got my very first bfp in 6 years by using instead cups, so I have faith in them. Sadly, my pregnancy ended in m/c at 6.5 weeks but DH and I were thrilled that we finally had a bfp. I was on my second cycle of clomid 200 mg when I got prego. The only thing I did different my second cycle of clomid then the first was using the instead cups. I am on my third cycle of clomid 200 mg and they added in the trigger shot to this cycle so I don't O as late as my last cycle. I didn't O until CD 22! And I will be using instead cups again for sure!!!

Hi kimi and welcome
Yes I love the instead cups. I'll be using them again when its bd time.
Good luck to you!

Grace! Sorry I was Mia today! I felt bad all day... After my tests I went home and slept from 1030-130, got something to eat then slept from 230-5... I dunno what's wrong with me!!

I read your post, I LOLd too bc you were telling me to be patient just yesterday!! I would prob skip Thursday too if af is trying so hard to come anyway..

Hi kimi and welcome! Sorry to hear about your mc :( hopefully you get a sticky bean soon!

Tomorrow will be 1 week since my trigger and I am still having positive hpts... I really hope they go negative soon! I am 5dpo and hopefully next week I get a BFP!

How you doing today grace? Other than impatient hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->