TTC #1 for 15 months

My dr said to wait so that u get a more potent sperm on ur most fertile days! Makes sense to me! Lol!
I use dollar store brand O tests... Can't beat 5 for $5! And they've always given me good results!

That does make sense! I have used the Dollar Store Brand tests too, and they've worked great for me. A lot of times they are out of stock here, same with the pregnancy tests. I have used them from Big Lots too, which worked but are never in stock.

Ladies can I join your thread? I'm brand new to this forum but have been posting regularly on another forum.

We've been ttc since September 2009 so when I saw this post I felt like I'd be in good company.

My OH and I have both been tested and although I've been given the all-clear, the SA came back with some lower than average readings for motility. So he's been taking his vitamins and we are still hoping for a natural :bfp:! All that said, it looks like we will be paying out to try our first IUI cycle in the spring. Worth a shot!

I got a + on the opk a couple of nights ago so its been prime bd time!

I hope you ladies have success with clomid. Did your docs say what the benefits are of taking clomid if you ovulate regularly?

Welcome Cheers. Looks like we are at the same point in our cycles. Hope the 2ww isn't too hard on us :)

Ladies can I join your thread? I'm brand new to this forum but have been posting regularly on another forum.

We've been ttc since September 2009 so when I saw this post I felt like I'd be in good company.

My OH and I have both been tested and although I've been given the all-clear, the SA came back with some lower than average readings for motility. So he's been taking his vitamins and we are still hoping for a natural :bfp:! All that said, it looks like we will be paying out to try our first IUI cycle in the spring. Worth a shot!

I got a + on the opk a couple of nights ago so its been prime bd time!

I hope you ladies have success with clomid. Did your docs say what the benefits are of taking clomid if you ovulate regularly?

Hi Cheers ~ and welcome! :)

My dr said that Clomid can help if you ovulate regularly. It can give you a stronger ovulation - meaning your eggs are mature. It can give you multiple eggs, so you have a better chance of one connecting to sperm. It can also help fix luteal phase defects & low progesterone which my doctor suspects I have. I was warned of a 10% chance of twins, which I honestly am fine with at this point.

Good luck with your 2WW - you too Jodi! Fingers crossed for both of you!

Welcome cheers! Ditto on what Jamie said with clomid.
Good luck to you Cheers and Jodi!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Everytime I start a new 2ww I always think - well I've done everything I can do, now the rest is up to my body. I just hate not being able to control things. The day that the :witch: is due is the day that we go for our consent signing for the IUI. So I'm really hoping she stays away and I can cancel that appointment lol!

Thanks for the info re clomid. My doc never recommended it to me. The plan is to do IUI with injections.

I just never thought it would take over a year. Seems like all my friends and coworkers conceived quickly and now are either expecting or have their little ones. That's what makes it so hard sometimes.

Hope you all have a good day!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Everytime I start a new 2ww I always think - well I've done everything I can do, now the rest is up to my body. I just hate not being able to control things. The day that the :witch: is due is the day that we go for our consent signing for the IUI. So I'm really hoping she stays away and I can cancel that appointment lol!

Thanks for the info re clomid. My doc never recommended it to me. The plan is to do IUI with injections.

I just never thought it would take over a year. Seems like all my friends and coworkers conceived quickly and now are either expecting or have their little ones. That's what makes it so hard sometimes.

Hope you all have a good day!

I just think all doctors are different with their recommendations. IUI's seem to work amazingly well for so many people, and I hope you are one of them. But I also hope you have to cancel your appointment as well! :)

I can relate to what you're saying about other people having their kids. My sister, my cousin, my husband's cousin, and my best friend are all pregnant right now. None of them were even trying for kids when we started trying, so it is really frustrating. You're not alone, and we will get our BFP's! :hugs:

I love the positive thinking Jamie!!

Everyone around me has already had a kid or is currently pregnant and were in no way trying...its been a real downer for me for the past year...and it just keeps getting worse....but hopefully the clomid will work for me and Jamie and I hope u don't have to go to ur IUI appt! Baby Dust to all of u :D

I'm sending truck loads of baby :dust: to everyone!

I bought a great book called Conquering Infertility (I purchased it through amazon). It discusses some good coping mechanisms. One lesson I found to be particularly helpful is reminding yourself to live in the present. Its so easy to forget to do this when you are always measuring things by cycle days, ovulation etc...

I'll start my living in the present when I get over this horrible cold. I hate being sick lol!

I bought a great book called Conquering Infertility (I purchased it through amazon). It discusses some good coping mechanisms. One lesson I found to be particularly helpful is reminding yourself to live in the present. Its so easy to forget to do this when you are always measuring things by cycle days, ovulation etc...

I'll start my living in the present when I get over this horrible cold. I hate being sick lol!

Sounds like a good book for all of us to read! That's good advice to live in the moment. Counting days makes the months go by so quickly, and then you don't even realize what you're missing.

My 1st cycle of Clomid is done. How're you feeling Shamrock? I didn't have any side effects on this dosage, hope you didn't either. Cheers & Jodi, I hope your 2WW's are going by fast!

Sounds like a good book for all of us to read! That's good advice to live in the moment. Counting days makes the months go by so quickly, and then you don't even realize what you're missing.

My 1st cycle of Clomid is done. How're you feeling Shamrock? I didn't have any side effects on this dosage, hope you didn't either. Cheers & Jodi, I hope your 2WW's are going by fast!

My normal hot flashes just got a little worse but tolerable! Now just waiting to O and get a lot of bedroom time :)

Just gotta remember to stop at the dollar store tomoro and pick up some more ovulation tests.i

I hope the clomid works out for you both!!
This tww is going soooo slowly it may as well be going in reverse. Too early to symptom spot so I've been avoiding it as much as possible. I really hope this is my month. The age gap between Casey and her future sibling just keeps getting bigger and bigger.....

I hope the clomid works out for you both!!
This tww is going soooo slowly it may as well be going in reverse. Too early to symptom spot so I've been avoiding it as much as possible. I really hope this is my month. The age gap between Casey and her future sibling just keeps getting bigger and bigger.....

oh my gosh, I LOVE your daughters name! That is one of the possible names my husband & I have picked out for a future daughter! =-) I hope this is your month too!

Shamrock: Glad your symptoms weren't so bad! I ordered my OPK's and am just waiting for them to arrive. It's almost time to get to work. :winkwink:

Thanks Jamie. It was the only girls name my OH and I agreed on. Totally suits her too! Her full name is Casey Bella Presley (after her Daddy).

Thanks Jamie. It was the only girls name my OH and I agreed on. Totally suits her too! Her full name is Casey Bella Presley (after her Daddy).

Oh that's beautiful, it flows perfectly! Bella is one of our other favorites too. We must have the same taste in names. =-)

I'm pretty hooked on Noah for a little boy. It's funny when you try for so long you basically have everything planned out!

Oh that's beautiful, it flows perfectly! Bella is one of our other favorites too. We must have the same taste in names. =-)

I'm pretty hooked on Noah for a little boy. It's funny when you try for so long you basically have everything planned out!

Jamie- we r going to get some ovulation tests tonight and I'm going to try the softcups for the first time!
I know what you mean about having it all planned out...we have names for a boy girl picked out and even possible baby room themes...but we've been waiting for so long it just makes it easier kinda becuz I have had time to think ll of it over for a LONG time! Hopefully this cycle we will both get a :BFP:

Well I say we both have good taste! I LOVE Noah! My OH and I had a hard time agreeing on boys names so it was kind of a relief when I founf out we were having a girl. Hopefully we will all be planning names, nurseries and all that other baby stuff for real very soon!

Shamrock - i got my ovulation tests today too, so I took one and it was negative. Which is good since it would've been early for me. I have heard of soft cups - let me know what you think of them! I wondered if they would be difficult to use, but have heard great things about them.

Jodi - how funny that we love the same names! I totally agree that we will all be picking out names & nurseries very soon.

Shamrock - i got my ovulation tests today too, so I took one and it was negative. Which is good since it would've been early for me. I have heard of soft cups - let me know what you think of them! I wondered if they would be difficult to use, but have heard great things about them.

Jodi - how funny that we love the same names! I totally agree that we will all be picking out names & nurseries very soon.

My O tests have been negative so far...but it is a little early for me as well....I should start getting positives tomoro :) I hope! And I'm hoping the softcups help....but only the TWW will tell...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->