• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Hey Poppet, yes, im from Southampton, uk :)

Im taking Sanatogen mother to be vitamins along with the omega 3 or 6 capsule? I took them first time around, helps when you get sickness & food aversions that you dont miss out on vital nutrients Lol!

Ah bless you, poas when your ready, im addicted to poas lol i start from 6/7 dpo :rofl:

The teeny random chest pain probs all the anxiety hun, i wouldnt worry, i cant see back on our previous chat page, are you taking temps at all? Elevated temp & no period after 16 dpo are always good signs of possible pg :)

What pg test you got for 14dpo? You are so patient hehe x

Hi claireybell

I'm not taking temps.
But am currently a bit poorly. Got a bunged up/slightly runny nose and headaches.
Am on 14dpo / Cd30 today but really feel like AF is coming.

Tmi.. But cervix feels high - can just feel it with middle finger. Don't really know what this means!
My Cm is a little yellow - but also not much of it.
No other symptoms!

So I think the witch will be here tomorrow.
Not sure if I should bother testing.
Just have a cheapie and a couple that came with my clear blue digital dual hormone OPK kit.

Just feel I am going to have a bad result :0(

Hi poppet :) just read through your post I think you should test! One thing that I've always done while ttc is lie on my front straight after bd and go to sleep for the night! All the spermies stay in and I have a tilted uterus so I think lying on my front instead of my back helps me quite a lot I have conceived 2 times doing this! Fingers crossed for you

Hi dinky
Thank you for the info. May try that.
As we are doing at home inseminations I worry it may leak out if on stomach. I normally insert 2/3mls of semen - so don't want to lose any!

I want to test but am so scared to be disappointed.
Also feel fluy and feels like AF is about to make an appearance - I thinking if I should really do it?

What do you think about cervix position? Or is all that a myth?

If you insert it high up enough it shouldn't leak out, it doesn't for me anyway but may be different for you. You should have a reliable result now at 14dpo so if it's positive it would show now and if it's negative you can expect af and you won't be as wounded when you see it. It's completely up to you though some women prefer to wait until a missed period! I always test from around 9dpo as I'm too impatient lol I'm going to try and wait until 10dpo this cycle. I always get af either before or on 14dpo so if I was you I'd be classing 14dpo as a missed period as I always seem to start bleeding in the morning x

Maybe I shall wait until the hubby comes home to test.
How long shall I not drink anything before testing?
Sorry to ask - what may be stupid simple questions?

Thanks for your help x

I'd not go to the toilet for 4 hours and try and not drink in that time too although a few sips wouldn't hurt if you needed a drink. Also at 14dpo you should have quite a strong line so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've always found that I've had stronger bfps in the afternoon :)

Cervix is not high or low.
Feel likes it's medium - not sure if it's firm or soft - not sure how to tell.
Cold still here - slight runny nose and headache still here
On off period pain
Weird feelings down there when I cough...
Boobs - nipples I think are more sensitive - not sure if I'm imagining it?!

What do you make of these symptoms?
I'm either going to test tonight or tomorrow morning if AF hasn't shown!

I've had all different cervix positions, I've had low hard and open and had a successful pregnancy so to me personally I don't use cp as a symptom. Your other symptoms can go either way, with all my pregnancies I have had sore boobs before a bfp but with my last one I had the worst cold ever that wouldn't shift which was a massive sign for me I was pregnant! Let me know when you test :)

Nope not tested yet
Am on 15 dpo/CD31
Too scared to test - so will wait another day as I feel the dreaded witch is on her way!

Got mild AF cramps
Got cold - runny nose and headaches
This morning got a yellow snotty looking cm blob on tissue
No other symptoms - so not looking very likely.

How are you all?

Well only 2 days to go before af is officially late for you. Cramping and cold symptoms can be a good sign. Not sure about cm though. mine didn't seem to change.

AFM: I am waiting impatiently for af to show. She is technically late but this wasn't a normal cycle so I have no idea. I don't know if my body reverted back to the pcos or I'm just going to have a long cycle in order to build the lining back up again. According to my doctor as of oct 7 it was thin. Which was good for why I was there but not good for getting af soon. There is no way I am pregnant as I didn't ovulate after the mc. I also took a test the other day and it was stark white.

Hi Aayla

I due prob to start AF tomorrow or Thursday
Today is 15 dpo so might test this eve.
Had some white cm during day.
Cervix is medium high - I can touch with middle finger so not sure what that should be classed as.
Not sure if it's firm or soft! Lol
But cp apparently doesn't mean much.
But when AF is on - it's meant to be low! How low is low on your middle finger? (Have asked this qs on another thread!)
Think I'm asking to many questions, when I should put myself out of misery and text. Just anxious and sad about getting a negative.

Sorry to hear about mc. Onwards and upwards and hopefully a BFP in the near future.

It's so nice to be able to talk to others on this forum. As everyone is going through similar things.

I can't answer the question about CP. I can never feel mine. And you are not asking too many questions. This is so new to most of us. All we are taught about making babies is we ovulate, have sex, sperm meets egg and boom, 9 months later a baby.

The more late af is & more dpo you are the better chance of getting a Positive poppet :) you are so patient, curiousity always gets me!

So sorry about you mc Aayla :hugs:

best way to get preg according to my doc is to BD every two days in your case i would say to inseminate every two days starting CD 12

Good morning ladies...

At 16dpo / Cd 32 .... I tested this morning and got a ....

.... BFP!

Can't believe it. But lines got darker by ten mins gone.
Used a cheapie eBay one as wasn't able to get out to buy a digital one.
Will test again later as will pop out to get a clear blue to confirm.

Over the moon!!!
Let's hope it's a h&h 9 months!

Baby dust to you all!
Thank you all for all the advice and comments xxxx

Squeeee! Yay!! Congrats!! Did you get pictures? If not would love to see pics when you do more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->