TTC #1 Hopeful and Obsessed! lol

Welcome Mandy, BabyC actually ended up conceiving a few months after that post. I'm sure she's already had her baby by now to be honest. Pretty much everyone on this thread has already had their babies except for the last few of us. I am also in the unexplained category and have had 2 IUIs fail now. I'm debating whether or not to do injectibles for the 3rd and last IUI.

Green I always appreciate your support. I'm sorry you've reached the apathy stage. It's a hard spot to be in. You still want it just as much, but the problems (whatever they are) feel insurmountable at times.

If you created a TTC1 thread in the LTTTC forum I would join. I do get frustrated with people who have been trying 1-2 months popping in here and then disappearing shortly after becoming pregnant. I'm happy for them, but it sucks that it's never one of us lol

I looked for a lttc #1 thread and didn't see it. I've been following belles journal but how are my other ladies doing??

We're now on 16 months of trying with no second line in sight. I stopped tracking in November. Took December off, and had one anov cycle last month. So I'm guessing about 14 cycles now. No question now that we have a problem.

Husband started his job this week (after 14 months of unemployment). Thank bloody Christ. He's much much happier. And now that we have steady income again, testing is back on the table. But...

I don't think he's serious enough about it. I don't think he'll ever go get tested. Its so awkward for them. I guess it's time for me to go find a gyno in my new town. After I take that first step and have an initial appt to discuss infertility, I'm not going anything else until he gets a SA done.

Yaaaaay....

I'm sorry Green that you are officially in the unexplained infertility category. I think getting testing done is a positive step. Do you know whats more awkward then "finishing" in a cup? All of the testing and subsequent "treatment" that we ladies have to go through. Never did I think I would have two people standing over top of me with my bottom bared talking about how they're going to get me pregnant before popping one of those god awful internal ultrasound wands up my hoo ha. And thats not even the worst of it LOL. If you pursue treatment, your DH will be finishing in a cup many many times over, so surely he can do it to get things checked out.

I'm glad to hear that he is working now! That will do wonders for his self esteem and mood I think. I know my own DH is absolutely miserable when he is unemployed. How are things on the job front for you?

If you are wanting to join a LTTTC thread you can try out the Clomid Buddies thread that I'm on. I don't think there is anyone left there who is on clomid/femara anymore lol. Everyone that was is already pregnant, and the few of us who are left are pursuing IUI/IVF. It's a pretty welcoming group of ladies and most of us are working on number 1

Hi ladies! We are still trying. Found out my DH has low counts, bad motility, et cetera. We start our first IUI next month with Clomid and the trigger shot! One of us are going to conceive gosh dangit. Lol

Hey Puma, sorry to hear about the SA results. Thats fantastic that you are going to start IUI next month though! IUI can work really well for those with mild male factor. So excited for you!

DH and I are still on a break from ttc. We did 2 IUIs (May and June) and then July just ntnp. In july I developed a fairly large ovarian cyst that prevented me from Oing in August (had an anovulatory cycle, bummer!). Now I'm seeing a naturopath and have started taking a bunch of herbs to hopefully balance my hormones out. We aren't going to ttc while taking the herbs (so for 2 months) just in case there are any contraindications for pregnancy. Then once we get the go ahead we'll do our last IUI. We're still unexplained but naturopath seems to think my lower estrogen and therefore thinner lining is the culprit (what I've been saying all along). She seems confident that she can treat it, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Its pretty crazy how time goes.

I don't think he's serious enough about it. I don't think he'll ever go get tested. Its so awkward for them. I guess it's time for me to go find a gyno in my new town. After I take that first step and have an initial appt to discuss infertility, I'm not going anything else until he gets a SA done.

Yaaaaay....

I know I'm not the only one here who thinks, gee, I wish all I had to do was Orgasm to find out if there was something wrong with me!! NO! Women have to go through all sorts of crazy testing (blood, up the vag, surgery!), and all a man needs to do is cum in a cup :wacko: boy, please. Find something else insignificant to complain about and just cum in this damn cup for me. Poor thing, NOT!

LOL Z that sums up my thoughts on the manner precisely!

Well I'm CD 2 on my 27th cycle since starting trying (oy). We're back to trying naturally this month, which the help of chinese herbs. Guess we'll see what comes of it. I'm aiming to do our last IUI in November.

Z I have always wanted to try them but I can never find them in store. Where do you purchase them from?

I'm going to hop over to the Clomid buddies thread that Belle mentioned!

Green: I'm taking clomid CD 3-7 (currently on CD 6 now) and have my first U/S this upcoming Friday! I doubt my follicles will be anywhere close to ready yet so I suspect my IUI will be next week and Ill probably have to administer (gag) the trigger shot to myself this upcoming weekend. Lol My DH is terrified of needles so I am on my own!

So today must be your last day of femara puma?!?

I did two IUIs with femara 3-7 (2.5mg) it works pretty well I'd say. Stoked to hear how your appointment goes on Friday!

You are more than welcome in the clomid buddies thread, its over in the ltttc section. I'd say everyone here is tbh!

I've been on the chinese herbs for a month now and I must say I'm feeling a lot of twinges in my right ovary. I usually only get twinging like this when I'm on femara, so I think the herbs must be doing something. I've been doing pretty well at sticking with my diet changes (I can't believe how successful I've been at it!). I'm planning to try seed cycling this month. Its where you eat chia and ground flax seed during your FP to support estrogen and pumpkin and sunflower seed during your LP to support progesterone. Seeds are super high in nutritional value so even if it doesn't do anything its still good nutrition!

Today is my last day! :) How many follicles did you develop on femara? Was is the lowest dose? I'm not sure what the equivalency is to clomid. I'm on 50mg. I really hope I have 2-3 follicles! Since I don't have any issues ovulating I am hoping that I get at least one extra! If feels good to feel optimistic after a year and a half of trying. Now that we know DH has MFI issues (testing should have been done so long ago) we can plan better. We can't afford IVF so I really hope that 1 of the 3 IUIs we have planned works!

How many follicles did you have? I'm not worried about the chances of twins or even triplets. They run in my family anyways and my half sister has twins.

Thanks for the recommendations on seeds!!! I actually bought mucinex and preseed for this cycle as well and ate pineapple core (CD 1-4) but stopped because it started tasting weird after a few days in the fridge and I'm too lazy to cut up another one haha

Great job sticking with your diet changes!!!!!!!!

I was on a 2.5mg dose which is equivalent to 50mg clomid. My first cycle I got 3 large, mature follicles. My second cycle I had 2 cysts so probably didn't respond as well as I could have. I got 1 large mature follicle and 5 small immature follicles in the 11-14mm range that cycle

Z I have always wanted to try them but I can never find them in store. Where do you purchase them from?

I don't know where you are from, but I went to Sprouts. Pretty much any health food store will have the oil (usually with the essential oils section) and the flannel. If not, Amazon!!

Both times I got pregnant I used them. I'm convinced it helped mellow and normalize things, even though I had endo the whole time and didn't know!

Seriously, give em a shot. If anything, it's really relaxing lol

3 large follicles?! That great.I am sorry to hear about the cysts the following month. Do you think they formed because of the femara? Are you planning for another monitored IUI cycle?

I did 5 femara cycles, 2 of which I did with IUI and had monitoring and I had cysts for both of them. I then took a cycle off and went for my last IUI with femara in August. The cycle was cancelled due to s very large cyst. I ended up not even ovulating that month. Took a break the cycle after and started seeing a naturopath. This will be my first cycle trying again. I'll probably do my last IUI in February after giving the naturopath stuff time to work.

So I expect I had cysts with every cycle of femara but I can't prove that.

Thanks Z for that info! I'll have to check online to order them in!

Well I went in for my ultrasound today and my right ovary only had very tiny follicles - nothing even really measurable. My left ovary possibly had a cyst. She said she couldn't quite determine if it was a cyst or a follicle but if it was a cyst then I wouldn't ovulate from that one. So..... my IUI cycle was scrapped. She does want me to increase the clomid next month. I cried for about 30 minutes after I left. I understand. She told us to go ahead and try on our own this month but that she didn't want to waste the trigger shot if I'm not going to have at least 3 good quality follicles.

So.... that's that. I suppose.

I'm sorry puma :( it's devastating when you have your heart and mind so set on something. I'm here for you. I had an IUI cancelled too because of a cyst. It sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->