TTC #1 Hopeful and Obsessed! lol

I did one month of Day 3 and Day 21 (progesterone) blood testing and I had an ultrasound done at the same time as my bloodwork to check state of ovaries, a few months after I had an HSG.

I think the plan to check and monitor ovulation for a few months via progesterone makes a lot of sense! If you're not actually ovulating that is a fantastically easy fix! It sounds like your doc is diligent and will take things one step at a time! Thats perfect and shouldn't be too overwhelming!

Also exciting news to hear that you will be getting your own place again. I think its really sweet and important to imagine what your child would be like now and then. I find that pretty painful myself, but every once in awhile I let myself go there. The other day I thought about the names we had picked out when we first started trying... its probably been close to a year since I last thought about those names.

I hope we'll all get there, one way or another.

Aweeeeeee Green! They say that visualizing things you want is the first step to manifesting them. Im so excited for you!

Belle, did Femara delay your cycle? I'm 3 days late (NOT) normal. My HPTs are all negative though.

Puma I had one cycle delayed a day or so by femara due to higher progesterone!

Ugh, limbo! Sorry to hear puma. Is this your first time on femara? Keep us posted!!

My doc is only doing day 21 progesterone. I guess I'll ask him about day 3 if my first 21 test is low.

Belle: How long was it delayed? Did you have to take something to jumpstart AF?

Green: Yep! I'm actually on clomid, but basically the same thing! I feel no cramping! My BBs have been horribly sore for over a week! Which is sort of normal but it usually eases a day or two before my period which is ANOTHER reason I don't feel like its on its way. I ovulate just fine on my own for the most part. Gah! At least until I took clomid. Im going on four days late now!

It was only delayed a day or two and it started itself! Sorry you're in limbo land! I was there myself last cycle, it was 30 days long! Which has never happened to me before lol. Next longest cycle was 28 days

That's so bizarre :/ my cycle is usually 29-30 and I'm at CD 34 as of one minute ago. So....wtf. Like you, I've never been more than CD30. Of course it's the weekend so I can't contact my Dr. I'm going to be so mad if clomid screwed up my body's ability to ovulate. For you, waiting two days in limbo land must have seriously been awful. At this point we try so hard not to become hopeful!

Puma was this the same cycle you had a cyst for? When I had a cyst it seriously messed up my cycles. The first one went late and then the next one was only a 17 day cycle. Those cysts can change things around for a person quite a bit! Of course I hope it's something much more exciting for you!

You're right though at this point TTC I really do try to keep my expectations in check. Last cycle was pretty tough. I actually imagined what my kids would look like, and even looked up the due date. It all ended the same way as usual though.

This doesn't get any easier. We do lessen our expectations because otherwise every month ends in heartbreak. I allowed myself to get excited this morning and went out and bought a First Response. Of course, it was negative. This journey is so so hard.

Yes, same cycle as the cyst. She told me she was going to do a scan on cd3 to see if the cyst had gone away but I can't seem to get to CD1!

My sister has a set of twins, A boy, and a girl. Four kids in total.
Fell pregnant by accident every single time. She keeps saying "it'll happen when its meant to"..... :( thanks.

I'm sorry puma. Those BFNs always hurt, no matter how low we keep our expectations.

I hope CD 1 comes for you soon! Do you know if you ovulated this cycle? Sometimes cysts can prevent ovulation and some ladies end up having super long anovulatory cycles. I really hope that's not what's happening!

Sadly no. I stopped temping last year when I realized it was consuming my life. For the first time I had mid cycle spotting on cd12,13,14. So that seems promising but I have no idea if I actually ovulated. If I didnt ovulate, that could also be why I haven't started. I told my husband I was getting the test this morning. He seemed excited. After I took the test I didn't seem excited and he said, "I guess that's a no, then, huh". I told him I didn't know what was going on and became silent. He asked what was wrong but he already knew. I didn't say anything. He walked over and kissed my forehead then walked out.

My cyst was 35x25mm so I doubt it has gone away. If I'm not mistaken, that's like a 3 cm cyst. Probably because of the stupid clomid.

Weren't you only a couple days ahead of me?

My last cycle started on Sept 10. We were right around the same point in our cycle though. A 3cm cyst is pretty huge. Even if you ovulated it could very well be extending your cycle.

I'm really sorry puma. It sounds like your DH is taking good care of you though.

That is a fairly large cyst. sorry things are so wacky. I totally feel you with keeping things in check. Unfortunately, every time something different happens, its hard not to get a little of that hope back.

CD 21 bloods for me tomorrow (actually CD27, but it's supposed to be 7 days after O, and I am a late ovulator). Any ideas how I can get my OH to stop putting of his SA? What did your OHs do to make the awkward process easier?

My DH actually wanted to get his SA done because it was a reassurance to him. He then took great joy in bragging about his numbers to anyone who would listen *facepalm* LOL. Maybe you could frame it that way for him, that it could actually be good news

Good luck with your bloodwork tomorrow!

Thank you! Do you mind if I ask what your prior test results were when you did prog testing.

When I went for progesterone testing on a natural cycle it was ~40 nmol/L. When I had it tested on a femara cycle with 3 follicles it was over 100. Over 30 nmol/L indicates ovulation.

I played it off like it wasn't a big deal and even offered to "help" hah! I would tell him its really not a big deal at all! MFI is one of the easiest things to treat if that turns out to be the case! Just let him know that my husband did it recently and it really wasn't that awkward compared to what he had envisioned.

lol

Emailed my doc today. The nurse emailed me back and told me to go get my Beta labs completed. Should have results tomorrow. I'm actually 7 days late tomorrow. I was a day off this while time. I have no real hope realizing ita most likely the cyst and/or clomid. Ill let you ladies know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->