TTC #1, Looking for iui Buddies for February!

I found the beginning of this cycle to be a lot more exciting, but I am a bit discouraged. I am 100% PMS hahaha. Already refilled my Femara for next cycle.

mrsbertrand I hope this is the month for you! and for everyone else :D. I hope you do a HPT and go in and have a fabulous drive home with a BFP!

I usually consider myself a private person, but living in a new state I feel rather alone. So both our families know, and I'm pretty open about it. I am not the fondest of my in-laws, but theres just no way of not telling them because my MIL has been ON THE GRANDKID TRAIN since I met my husband. I give her details in the form of "too much information" to encourage her to naturally back off haha. A little sneaky, I will admit... because she is quite difficult.

None of my friends are currently trying for a baby, except one, who has gotten pregnant, miscarried, and is now in her second trimester with the baby she conceived in the next month (so happy for her!). I want to be able to talk about pregnancy stuff with her, but instead I'm like "the nurse said I had a great lining on my ultrasound" haha.

In other news, I do not have any fibroids that they can see :D :D

Waiting for my progesterone blood test to come back (they were supposed to call same day... hope that doesn't indicate bad news).

My clinic does a blood test a day after missed period, but I am sure my period will come the 28/29 of this month.

What about Ragnhild??

Hi all... Sorry for bring mia.

Great news about the fibroids swimming,,, really hope this is your month!! Do you have the usual AF symptoms or something else that makes you think AF is on her way? And hope your progesterone is fine.

What date will you take the hpt mrs bertrand? Fx and :dust:
And of course i know waiting sucks, but patience does have its rewards coz i finally got my bfp at 17dpiui. More than 4.5 years and after all the planning, tension, thinking of nothing else etc, then finally deciding on the iui, this is my first ever bfp! Really hoping for a sticky one. Im still in shock and it wont be confirmed before week 8 but at least i learnt it is possible for me. So there is hope for all us ladies here!

Thanks all for being on this journey and sharing in the fear and hope... sending you all lots of love and :hugs:. Of course i will stick around (hopefully the pg will too) and cheer you on. Hope that this thread and iui brings us all luck :D

Great news about the fibroids swimming,,, really hope this is your month!! Do you have the usual AF symptoms or something else that makes you think AF is on her way? And hope your progesterone is fine.

And of course i know waiting sucks, but patience does have its rewards coz i finally got my bfp at 17dpiui. More than 4.5 years and after all the planning, tension, thinking of nothing else etc, then finally deciding on the iui, this is my first ever bfp! Really hoping for a sticky one. Im still in shock and it wont be confirmed before week 8 but at least i learnt it is possible for me. So there is hope for all us ladies here!

Thanks all for being on this journey and sharing in the fear and hope... sending you all lots of love and :hugs:. Of course i will stick around (hopefully the pg will too) and cheer you on. Hope that this thread and iui brings us all luck :D

I found the beginning of this cycle to be a lot more exciting, but I am a bit discouraged. I am 100% PMS hahaha. Already refilled my Femara for next cycle.

mrsbertrand I hope this is the month for you! and for everyone else :D. I hope you do a HPT and go in and have a fabulous drive home with a BFP!

I usually consider myself a private person, but living in a new state I feel rather alone. So both our families know, and I'm pretty open about it. I am not the fondest of my in-laws, but theres just no way of not telling them because my MIL has been ON THE GRANDKID TRAIN since I met my husband. I give her details in the form of "too much information" to encourage her to naturally back off haha. A little sneaky, I will admit... because she is quite difficult.

None of my friends are currently trying for a baby, except one, who has gotten pregnant, miscarried, and is now in her second trimester with the baby she conceived in the next month (so happy for her!). I want to be able to talk about pregnancy stuff with her, but instead I'm like "the nurse said I had a great lining on my ultrasound" haha.

In other news, I do not have any fibroids that they can see :D :D

Waiting for my progesterone blood test to come back (they were supposed to call same day... hope that doesn't indicate bad news).

My clinic does a blood test a day after missed period, but I am sure my period will come the 28/29 of this month.

What about Ragnhild??

Wonderful to hear no fibroids for you Swimming! You're not out yet! FX that AF stays away and that progesterone has good news (no news is good news, in my experience) :) You are sneaky, that's genius ;)

I understand completely, I've had so many friends and family members go through pregnancy during our TTC, my SIL is due February 6th and I so wish we could've taken the journey together.

Raghinald, CONGRATS on your BFP! Praying this one sticks! I can only imagine how excited you are!

I will take an HPT February 1st, which puts me at 13dpiui. AF usually arrives between the 1st and the 5th so who knows. I'm sure it's too early for symptom spotting at 4dpiui, but i've been on and off slightly nauseous, slightly sore boobs and a bit of pelvic pain/cramping, am hoping this is a good sign.

Now i'm just testing a ticker :)

Haha!

And i was very nervous about testing early mrsb coz of my long history of BFNs.. how long have you been TTC? if you can handle BFNs then even dpo12 is ok to test.. people even start at 7dpo lol! And if i didn't have this depressing history then testing early might have helped with the symptom spotting and forum stalking lol ;)

Been trying for 3 years, and have also had my fair share of BFN's. My cycle likes to switch between 28 and 34 day cycles so even missed AF hasn't been pregnancy. I figure February is a new month, and with my SIL being due maybe it will hold lots of baby dust. I might be slightly superstitious lol.

Thanks all for being on this journey and sharing in the fear and hope... sending you all lots of love and :hugs:. Of course i will stick around (hopefully the pg will too) and cheer you on. Hope that this thread and iui brings us all luck :D[/QUOTE

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bfp:

That is so exciting for you!! Was this the first IUI try for you guys? I have heard from a lot of people it working the first time, but then I have also heard a lot of times where it never ends up working. This story definitely gave me hope!! Did you not test until 17dpiui? Or were you getting negatives before you got the positive on that day?
So excited for you! I have never had a positive pregnancy test either, so this is just such motivation for me to try this route.

WHAT? I MISSED SOMETHING! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited this was the month for you, I love seeing BFPs especially when facing any infertility anything!!!!! AHHHH!! I am :cloud9: for you!!!

I am so excited one of us has graduated!!!

That's amazing. Before you officially rid yourself of the TTC board and replace with pregnancy fun, can you share if you had any different PMS symptoms or anything?

I feel like my boobs, are the same, every. single. month. As soon as they get sore 5dpo I know I am out, because it's the exact same thing. :wacko:
I always have nausea about a week before my period comes (can actually be severe), and this cycle is no different. So, it never makes sense for me to take a pregnancy test anymore or even get my hopes up, I just start getting sad/angry earlier haha. I have seen my share of BFNs though.

Ahh I just love that success came out of it,:happydance: and I hope there are TWO BFPs from this thread.

Thanks mrsb mnelson and swimming! This board has been lucky for me and will be for everyone of us im sure :)

Mrsb: my cycle also tends to vary but the LP doesnt so if you're tracking O no harm testing early. Actually I wasn't technically late when i tested this cycle, but it was late for LP which is why i tested so hope you can get some of that tww anxiety out of the way.

Mnelson: yes first cycle iui, so there is hope for all of us! And i tested at 17dpiui straight after lp was longer than usual coz i couldn't have beared another bfn.

Swimming: haha not going anywhere yet.. Am superstitious too so gonna wait till it sticks before i actually announce. And actually all my symptoms were the same.. I had cm exactly 4 days before af was expected so i expected her arrival..and all the others like reflux and vivid dreams ive had before with bfns so who knows what causes them. Sorry im not much help here but at least you know no symptoms are not always bad.

I sure hope all of us graduate real soon and switch over to the other threads :) :hugs: :love:

Swimming, How are you doing?

I caved and tested today as I've been feeling particularly queezy. BFN, obviously lol.The TWW is SO HARD. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see a BFP.

I caved and tested today as I've been feeling particularly queezy. BFN, obviously lol.The TWW is SO HARD. Sometimes I feel like I'll never see a BFP.

AF is on the way. I've been cramping all week... SUPER emotional. I know they say femara is supposed to be less intense then clomid, and I have no doubts that it is, however, I still think it just intensified my PMS.

While 8DPO is super super early, and I DO HOPE that you get your BFP! Can we meet up for next month if you don't?

I feel like I will never see a BFP either. Very discouraged actually. But! I just watched these infertility vlogs on youtube, and its crazy how some people try for 3 years, finally get a bfp, and then somehow get pregnant with the second naturally. Helps to cheer me up I think.

I'm a little scared to move on to injections if Feb's Femara cycle doesn't work. But I will do whatever it takes!

I forgot mrsbertrand, are you on femara or anything?

AF is on the way. I've been cramping all week... SUPER emotional. I know they say femara is supposed to be less intense then clomid, and I have no doubts that it is, however, I still think it just intensified my PMS.

While 8DPO is super super early, and I DO HOPE that you get your BFP! Can we meet up for next month if you don't?

I feel like I will never see a BFP either. Very discouraged actually. But! I just watched these infertility vlogs on youtube, and its crazy how some people try for 3 years, finally get a bfp, and then somehow get pregnant with the second naturally. Helps to cheer me up I think.

I'm a little scared to move on to injections if Feb's Femara cycle doesn't work. But I will do whatever it takes!

I forgot mrsbertrand, are you on femara or anything?

We can absolutely meet up next month! I'll be following you all even if I do get my BFP.

I've heard about a natural second conception as well, fingers crossed for that! I know sometimes it's easier to be realistic and not get our hopes up, but I have read a bit about others who have had success and still experienced all their normal PMS symptoms. Raghinald, I think you said had the same experience¿

I am expecting AF between Feb 1-3rd. I am really hoping this works, we were considering IVF for April if it doesn't but it's really not in our budget :wacko:
Sounds terrible that I have to fit fertility treatments into my budget but they want the cost up front. At least with a kid you have time to accumulate all the things you need. We might do another three rounds of IUI if no success by April.

I was on Femara CD3-7, one a day for 5 days. But they measure Day 1 based on what time during the day it starts. So Technically I got my full flow by about 9pm on the tuesday, but because it was after NOON they counted Wednesday as my day one. I find that so odd.

What are the injections that you would be taking?

Sorry about the bfn mrs bertrand... But of course its early and you should wait till 13dpo at least before thinking about the nexy cycle. Fx for you. And i feel your financial strain... We could only afford one iui before saving up again and trying in april-may. Plus you had 2 inseminations this cycle so i would say your odds are considerably better.

Sorry about the symptoms swimming but i had them too and hope this is your lucky month!! When are you due. Have you tested or just going by symptoms? And dont lose hope... This is my first ever bfp in 4.5 years... Of course i was at the same point as you... Thinking ill never see one. Theres hope for us all, no matter how long it takes. :hugs:

I just love this thread!

When I am due is actually related to when they count your first day, mrsbertrand! haha. I was literallly the same situation as you, didn't start full flow until that night. So if that first day counts as "spotting" then I should start spotting tomorrow 1/28, and be full flow by Sunday 1/29. I tested 10dpo and start white. I am out of pregnancy tests and for some reason, I love being out of pregnancy tests this cycle because it frees me from more BFNs.

I really hope you get to Feb 3rd with no period!!! I know the desperation of wanting to avoid IVF - I face it myself and I hope we can both avoid it. The cost ugh. We don't have the money either, we'd be really creative in making it work. Have you thought about injections with iui at all (still expensive, but more eggs!)?

I do not know what injections specifically I'd be on, I'd request the ones that are most cost efficient. I still have one more cycle of femara to try though, before meeting up with my doctor to discuss injections.

Ragnhild you are so so sweet and thank you for your encouraging words! Its delightful that you finally got your BFP, how are you feeling???

I just love this thread!

When I am due is actually related to when they count your first day, mrsbertrand! haha. I was literallly the same situation as you, didn't start full flow until that night. So if that first day counts as "spotting" then I should start spotting tomorrow 1/28, and be full flow by Sunday 1/29. I tested 10dpo and start white. I am out of pregnancy tests and for some reason, I love being out of pregnancy tests this cycle because it frees me from more BFNs.

I really hope you get to Feb 3rd with no period!!! I know the desperation of wanting to avoid IVF - I face it myself and I hope we can both avoid it. The cost ugh. We don't have the money either, we'd be really creative in making it work. Have you thought about injections with iui at all (still expensive, but more eggs!)?

I do not know what injections specifically I'd be on, I'd request the ones that are most cost efficient. I still have one more cycle of femara to try though, before meeting up with my doctor to discuss injections.

Ragnhild you are so so sweet and thank you for your encouraging words! Its delightful that you finally got your BFP, how are you feeling???

Hey swimming and mrsb... really praying AF stays away for both of you!!! Hope you don't have to consider the costs etc and get your :bfp: And not sure about injectables but there's something called ICSI.. is that something worth checking for you both before looking at IVF?? And this might sound ridiculous but a lot of people do it here coz of the laws rather than costs.. basically you can fly to some countries and pay for your IVF and it still costs less than the procedure in many OECD countries. :hugs: and :dust: to you both!!

Thanks Rag!!!!!

I've thought about looking around at other countries, especially if my husband gets a foreign work assignment to Germany (a possibility!) or somewhere. I think the only way they can do ICSI is with IVF, no? I thought it was an additional procedure.

I've seen these vlogs on youtube where couples describe their infertility journey and success, really gives me hope and excitement. I feel AF on the way... but trying to dance around the house while cleaning so I don't feel the general way I feel before I get my period (do you know what I mean? like I just sense it coming)

ICSI is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection - it is used only in IVF and it is a way to take the semen sample and extract a good swimmer and using a needle, place it directly inside the egg. It yields higher fertilization rates than with traditional ivf where they just culture the sperm and eggs in the same dish and hope they fertilize naturally. So unfortunately, it is only something you can do with IVF and swimming was right it is an additional cost. My clinic has it at about 1500 extra per cycle.

I am so excited for you ladies! You are still a bit away so no worries about no BFP's just yet! I was actually in another IVF thread and the lady there wasn't getting any BFPs and went for her beta and it was positive! so you never really know!! Good luck ladies!!!!!!

mnelson bringing in the positivity - I like it.

I found an article saying physical activity helps with sperm morphology. 4 years ago my husband and I were dating and he was pretty active. I've been meaning to mention it to him, but he is so busy with work (he's still not home on a friday night and its 6pm!) I don't want to stress him out with ANOTHER change for him to make.

This sure is a hard journey to travel.

mnelson bringing in the positivity - I like it.

I found an article saying physical activity helps with sperm morphology. 4 years ago my husband and I were dating and he was pretty active. I've been meaning to mention it to him, but he is so busy with work (he's still not home on a friday night and its 6pm!) I don't want to stress him out with ANOTHER change for him to make.

This sure is a hard journey to travel.

I hear ya swimming... We didn't have any tests until this year since we were technically still below the "danger" age and asked to keep trying naturally. But last year my husband quit smoking, started gym and running after almost 12 years.. I think that definitely helped even though I have no pre tests to confirm. Even though you can't push your dh, I completely understand that, can there be other ways to nudge? Like group sports? And also 2 years ago I took charge of the shopping and slowly stopped bringing junk food into the house. Haha hope you don't have to be as sneaky as me.. I still feel guilty at times ;) but still if it helps these are all just small steps in this very uphill confusing infertility battle :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->