ttc#1 new looking for buddy!

What if you express your concerns, especially after your chemical, would that help them to get you in earlier for an ultra sound? Not much to really see I suppose but baby is in there, and I'd wanna see it!!

Hubby bought stuff to make mimosas and have wine on thanksgiving, I'm nervous to to drink just incase, but mmm I love mimosas!!!

I think I'll do what you girls have suggested and get myself checked out first. What do I tell them, like do I just set up a regular pap? I'm gonna wait til January still I think tho!

Jules, I think it should be aloud to have the week of AF off! Or at least a few days! She can be a real B! And sleeping is usually the best answer! I'm excited for you to move forward tho!!!

And Tina, when will start BDing again?!

I started the Vitex so we shall see how it goes. I have taken it before and it leveled out my cycles...I wasn't ttc at that point so I am hoping I get some good results. I would just be happy with a shorter cycle and a positive ovulation test. If I get preggo than that will just be an extra surprise! I am trying really hard to de-stress about baby stuff and not put so much pressure on myself..that could be why my cycle ended up wonky in the first place.

Awww..I am sure that was exciting for you! Don't worry too much, they will take good care of you and your baby! :) You will get to hear the heartbeat earlier than that though right?

I should be able to get to at my first appointment. It'll be around 8-10 weeks depending on priority. It's really hard to wait. :'(

Michele, I would go ahead and have a mimosa or two! My doctor told me when I told her we were going to start ttc that it's fine in the first two weeks to have a drink or two (no binge drinking), because if you worry about doing everything perfect you will surely fail! She said to use good common sense, don't get wasted, relax, and drink until it's pink. She said over drinking in general is bad for ttc though, but a glass of wine now and then helps you relax and might make the process easier. I also read online that until the placenta is formed it's still feeding off of it's own nutrients and not necessarily on your body, so who knows. I vote to relax and enjoy thanksgiving!

Jules, I'm excited for you about the vitex! My SIL started it, she has diabetes (type I) and PCOS so it's really hard for her to even have a period on her own. Her doctor told her to take vitex and maca. Within a week she had a positive ovulation test! Still waiting to find out if she conceived yet... I won't know until next week. I hope she has, she's been trying for over a year and my brother would be a wonderful Daddy. I haven't told her I'm expecting yet, I'm going to try to wait until either 1.) She gets her bfp next week or 2.) She ovulates again. In my head it doesn't seem as bad if you've just ovulated? Right. Probably not. I don't know how to be sensitive about it.

Michele- I had to ask when I went in for my pap. I said that we were starting TTC so I would like to get my hormone levels and thyroid checked. She was really nice and ordered the bloodwork. I know there are a lot of other tests, but it was a start at least. My hubby just called and asked his family doctor for the SA.

I would vote to have a glass as well! I am not a drinker anymore, but I can't pass up a glass of wine or a special drink on a holiday!

Luckybug- I have a similar situation with a friend. She has had major infertility issues, including 2 failed ivf treatments this year. I have serious panic issues when I think about bringing up ttc stuff let alone if I were to get pregnant. We have agreed that I would tell her as soon as possible (not before hubby and family of course), in her case she said she needed time to process it and be ok with the situation. I am sure your whole family will be happy for you guys though!! You will have to let me know if it worked for her!

Haha! I like that "drink til it's pink"!! I could do that! I really should do that this next cycle, relax, who cares have a glass of wine with dinner! Hubby wants to book me a flight back home! The time he's looking is literally just after my next fertile week! So I think that'd help me relax!!

I think the only thing id use again this next cycle is preseed. I actually like it! It's not sticky or gross feeling! I sometimes have a problem making my own, which sucks!

Jules, she probably won't conceive this cycle. She's just 7dpo. Her doc thinks her uterine lining is too thick just yet. But even ovulating is a big deal for her! So I'm glad she's moving along a bit.

Michele, you definitely gotta relax. I had a few glasses! I think I'll be fine, I think you would be too. I mean, ttc is hard enough then to be completely 100% concerned, women had babies for thousands of years before pregnancy tests, or ovulation strips, or knowing alcohol was bad. The human race survived, so in my opinion when you're doing everything right a few glasses of wine in your tww won't ruin you.

I'm really super dry right now. :( It's miserable. I feel like the desert. :(

We will start bding on cd8. Doing the smep method and sticking with it lol, and using preseed cuz I don't always make enough either.

Wine on thanksgiving does sound nice, I think I'll have a couple glasses to relax before my next cycle starts.

Even though I know it can take a while to get pregnant I just feel like there is something wrong with me, or dh, or both. I want him to get an sa but I think I'll give it a couple more cycles

Tina I'm the same way, I guess in reality 4 months isn't that bad, I just always assume it happens the first try for everyone! The people closest to me didn't take them as long as it's taken me! So I think that's where my fear comes in, and I'm the type of person, if I set my mind on wanting something, I WANT IT NOW!!!!
I asked my hubs last night "why can I not get preg?!" He said "it's not something that just happens after 1 try, relax, it will happen" I his can't figure out how to relax and not think about it all the time! I tried! But it's always in the back of my mind!

Yeah we've only been trying for 4 months too, this month would of been 5, I just think if there wasn't something wrong with me that it would have happened by now. I can't get out of my own head lol. DH is relaxed too and just thinks it will happen when it happens and isn't worried something is wrong.

Ha! That's my story to a T!!!

Hubby just booked me a ticket back home to Colorado in 2 weeks!! So I made sure it was after our fertile window! Hoping I can be stress free on vaca and get a sticky egg!!!

Hopefully you get your sticky egg!! How long will you be on vaca for?

That sounds like a lot of fun! Hopefully it will keep you nice and relaxed so you can get a sticky bean!! I will be going to Colorado in June for my friends wedding..I am so excited!

I'm excited! I'll be there for 6 days! I need this!

Jules have you ever been?! And where is the wedding at? I can't wait til we can move back! I love it there!

What a nice break for you! You deserve it!

They live in Loveland, Colorado. I have never been so I am pumped to see what it is like! The only places that I have visited toward the West past Virginia is California and Texas. lol

You'll love it!!! I've got a friend in Loveland! It's a nice area, and close to Estes Park! If you have time, I recommend checking it out! It's beautiful up there! And they have lots of cute little shops and restaurants!

Cramps should be illegal before you start bleeding. I got 2-5 days till af shows and I'm hoping it's sooner so I can get on to this next cycle.

Haha. I found it funny!

Attachments

• Oprah You Get a Car.jpg
    Oprah You Get a Car.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
Haha! That is super funny! I am sorry you are having cramps. :( It really should be illegal before af...heck even with af. Isn't it horrible enough that we have to feel even more uncomfortable? Oh the joys of being a woman!

My af has subsided, I am hoping it will be gone by tomorrow or Friday. I started taking the Vitex and Maca on CD1 and I can tell a difference..or could be in my head. I had cramps and everything, but nothing like usual and it has been a normal af. I just hope it helps with my entire cycle.

It is snowing really hard here..we are expected to get around 6-8 inches. I am just praying it hold off until I get home. 4 day weekend! Yay!!! I hope it doesn't ruin our travel plans, though me and hubby both have off tomorrow so a relaxing Thanksgiving at home would not be horrible at all. :)

That's hilarious!!! I love it!! If only it were that easy! We had to go to baby's r us for a gift, and I told my hubs "can't we just pick up our baby here!?"

AF showed up today! :cry: evil evil thing! My boss sells vitamins that are all food based, so all 100% natural. I asked him about some for fertility, so I got some for me and hubby! We can start then tonight! I hope thy work fast for a Christmas bfp!

I can't wait for a 4 day weekend! But I'm soooo over winter already! Yuck! Hopefully you get home safely!

I took b12 and b6 the first two weeks last month. Stopped somewhere in the middle because I didn't think we'd try or anything would happen. dunno if they helped or not. Maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->